Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/09 - 01/15 Dollar Store Capitol Invasion

KawadaSmile

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, C.S. said:

Poor Rey, being saddled with Karrion "The Drizzling Shits" Kross for a feud. I realize it's just a placeholder until Mania, but...Zzzz!

I had Smackdown on in the background last night and actually stopped to watch this segment, and Holy Shit, you ain't kidding.

I know everyone likes to shit on Bray and House of Black. But Kross is way worse.

The entrance is cheesy, he is a terrible talker, he at least used to look the part with his head shaved but now just looks like another MMA guy with terrible tattoos, his work is the shits, and if we are being honest, she really isn't that hot, which seems to be the main reason the whole act was over in the first place.

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also I love how every wrestling promotion loves to hammer home how the biggest person in a battle royale has the advantage, despite that literally only ever being true for Andre. 

That one year that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin said he was drinking extra beer to try to "lower his center of gravity for the Royal Rumble" was pretty gold though!

22 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Bray Wyatt could be good in the same role as The Master. Speaking his spooky bullshit while more talented wrestlers take action.

What’s weird is I didn’t originally perceive Bray as a *bad* wrestler, he was pretty quick for his size. Is he *genuinely* bad, or is he just so committed to the gimmick that any idea of good wrestling long ago exited his calculation of how to behave?

He's a decent wrestler and can have good matches with good opponents, but his matches since probably after WM30 have had a big focus on fuckery spooky shit or otherwise gimmicky bullshit. Once that took over and had to escalate, everything he's been involved with for many years has pretty much been the worst shit of the year every year since.

His last great singles match happened in 2015 vs Roman at HiaC. After that, there was a decent tag stint with Orton, and a sneaky good tag run with Matt Hardy, of all people. You can't have spoopy bullshit take center stage all the fucking time because they do not translate well to the main event. Even Taker, who was a literal dead man early on, had to put his working boots every now and then.

Bray isn't technically or athletically deficient, which is what people usually mean when they call someone a bad wrestler. I can't think of any instances where he blew spots or got blown up to a degree that it detracted from a match. It's just that his vision of wrestling is nearly impossible to translate to compelling matches. I don't know how you can get invested in a contest where one of the participants is basically a walking deus ex machina.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

His last great singles match happened in 2015 vs Roman at HiaC. After that, there was a decent tag stint with Orton, and a sneaky good tag run with Matt Hardy, of all people. You can't have spoopy bullshit take center stage all the fucking time because they do not translate well to the main event. Even Taker, who was a literal dead man early on, had to put his working boots every now and then.

Yeah, in the beginning when Taker was a zombie who felt no pain (ie: never sold much), he wasn't much after the entrance. Just like Bray is now. I hope that now that at least the Fiend shit is over for now, he can actually have matches that don't make the other person look like shit. 

8 hours ago, ButchReedMark said:

The only thing I want to see Bray Wyatt doing is being a never say die, cowboy boot wearing, bulldog finishing, old style southern white meat babyface. I reckon he’d be great at that. But instead there’s all this fucking lore and supernatural faeces. I’d rather fuck my mates grandmother.

Bray and Bo Dallas actually started out in FCW as a pretty boy tag team where Bo would take the punishment and Bray would come in off the hot tag. As is so often the case in wrestling, though, your mileage may vary on the pretty boy part.

0x800