Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/30 - 02/05 Cody with the Carny Special tonight

KawadaSmile

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Speaking of Maina tag title matches, apparently the plan is for Ronda/Shayna vs Dakota/Io. That'd be an awesome match but it really shows how much Ronda's stock fell this past year.

Yikes. On paper, that's not even a SmackDown main event. I'm sure Ronda doesn't care since that just means she's the highest paid midcarder on the roster, but ultimately, its a bit damning that going into WrestleMania, you couldn't find a way to make a Becky/Ronda match happen even under the guise of a RAW vs. SmackDown brand representative match. 

15 hours ago, sek69 said:

He wasn't that much shorter than Braun, which was surprising.

Man, speaking of Braun, him trimming the beard & slimming down killed any aura that he had. He always had that baby Huey face & him getting shook by Brock's jab I think killed any sort of "tough" aura he has but now he's lost his look, too. After all his foot-in-mouth social media stuff, his look was all he had. Now he doesn't even have that. Best thing he could hope for at this point is to get abducted by Bray Wyatt again so he can make him the fuckin Royal Crown jester for the next Soft drink gimmick match or whatever the fuck. Juggalo Braun in a Faygo Hose Deathmatch.

I think he looks better now than before he got fired. Fucking hunting gloves, man. That shit stank.

And I mean, he is having some cool matches. Putting him up against other freaks like Omos and Otis, not to mention Chad Gable is always a fun dynamic. He is very limited on his own, but he has had a good partnership with Rollins before and I think he can do some fun stuff with Rico.

He's a midcarder, no matter how much Sami Zayn and Roman Reigns made him look like a star.

They mostly destroyed the global indy scene already so now they need to zombify it.  There are barely any viable promotions that would be able to afford to book these workers at what I’m sure would be a premium rate if they are still contracted to WWE.  Are they going to let Roddy Strong go work GCW dates?

Man it was depressing to hear Dave talking about Sami and saying even though it's the hottest program, they never even considered (and still won't consider) Sami getting the main event because.....He Doesn't Look Like A Superstar. 

At the end of the day I'm not surprised, but I thought taking Vince out of creative might have put an end to them turning down piles of money over stupid shit. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

At the end of the day I'm not surprised, but I thought taking Vince out of creative might have put an end to them turning down piles of money over stupid shit. 

The reality is that it doesn't matter to them. They make more money than they ever had thanks to the status they have acquired as a brand, and whoever is on top really is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The Rumble and Mania were to beat the record numbers of viewers no matter what for the simple reason Peacock has way more viewers than the previous year and because they are not on PPV anymore. The TV right fees bubble for live "sports" profited them to amazing degrees. And of course, the Saudi money (hey, btw, there has been a recent report about how executions in the country have doubled during the reign of MBS, blood money is a real thing, not just a "cute" tagline) which makes them profitable beyond beliefs. 

Since last year, they got hotter and hotter after a long down period, and hell, retrospectively it's argue to argue against the fact Cody jumping was absolutely a factor. The company is idiot proof in term of booking. I would even say they are idiot friendly since Bray Wyatt sells a whole lot of merchandise despite being a terrible act on pretty much every level, but then again that would be pretty condescending toward his fans (still, when I see people going gaga over this shit like it's "next level cinema" or "such a deep storyline", it's just hard not to be sometimes). Then again, being popular or big has never had anything to do with being any good, especially when you consider the entertainment industry and how it works. 

WWE is striking gold with not one, but two main angles at the same time, which has not happened in, how long ? 20 years ? Their finances are at the highest its even been. On one hand you could argue, well, then now more than ever they could put Sami Zayn in the Mania main event, because it really doesn't matter who is anyway. But nope. Even now, when the "risk" is exactly zero (and really, we're talking about the "risks" of putting over the most over babyface in the company since Daniel Bryan), the guy has no shot. I don't see why anyone should be surprised though. Triple H's track record is well known and although he's much more open minded in term of in-ring style for the overall product, WWE is still WWE. It's always gonna be limited because of their limited mentality. And of course, there's no way to know what happens after it's sold. 

Cody Rhodes being a huge success in WWE absolutely opens doors for some people from AEW that might not had the same opportunity before. But then again, Cody Rhodes started in WWE, he was groomed there. I have no doubt they see him as a WWE guy first and foremost. Hell, they might even be delusional enough to think that they are making him a star now and that, no, it has nothing to do with where he was before. But there's a reason he fits their needs. Cody is a good looking American guy with (fake) blond hair, blue eyes, a stars & stripes tatoo on his neck. Sami is a muslim Canadian redhead from Syrian origins with a crazy beard. And he supported Bernie Sanders.:D