Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Revolution 2023

KawadaSmile

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, southofheavy said:

Just a heads up, when you phrase shit as nicely and diplomatically as you could, you read like you're wearing a fedora. 

Saying the guy needs to grow the fuck up doesn't equate to calling for his scalp. I never once said that he should be suspended, get the title stripped from him or fired. That said: 

This, too.

“Fedora” reference in 2023, and to *that* post, just unbelievable. To use a more contemporary way-too-online reference, touch some grass, dude.

49 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

So we've gone from people saying the drink incident crossed the line in a way tearing up a fan's sign doesn't (which it did) to someone earnestly pointing to scribbling on a fan's drawing as an example of MJF going too far. If you willingly initiate interaction with him at a wrestling-related event, there's clearly a degree of implied consent. It's like buying front row tickets to see Gallagher and getting upset if chunks of watermelon land on you. In both cases, I think the act is dumb, but you knew (or should have known) what you were getting into.

Yeah the drink thing, okay, I get why it upset people, but literally everything else in that post is just MJF being his edgelord, always-working self and pretty much exactly what most people *want* from an interaction with him.

That post reminds me of the recent FD Signifier video about Breadtube drama, where he points out that any sufficiently popular online person has a litany of haters just waiting to use some kind of controversy as an opportunity to post long lists of every “problematic” thing they ever did to prove they were a shitty person all along.

AEW has been prominently featuring MJF for four years; going to any event they host, and definitely going to any event *featuring* him, absolutely implies a Gallagher-type implied consent that he might fuck with you in a mildly offensive way. Whether that stuff is at all a *good* way to get heat is a separate question from the fraught, ever-metastasizing debate about consent.

32 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Do I want to understand what these words mean?

He’s a gentlemen trying to bring black issues and perspectives to the very white world of Left-ish YouTube commentary, and he did a video about how many “cancellations” (sorry, lack of a better term) in that space are less about objective harm and creating accountability than about parasocial grudges and drama for drama’s sake.

Pretty much everything MJF does publicly is a work. 

When is Tequila a clear liquid and sold in large cups from parent occupying a child? A child wearing a hoodie while hooded. 

The source of the Tequila thing is Alvarez and Meltzer not exactly drinkers either. Meltzer initially said it was Vodka. 

I guess you think the plane ticket was real too?