Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Revolution 2023

KawadaSmile

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Johnny Sorrow said:

I give them a pass for that. It happened really fast. No one had time to react to the dq. Bryce called it and since there's no bell, and MJF immediately pinned Bryan , it didn't register as a dq. 

I feel like that's the kind of spot commentary should know about (either by the wrestlers or Tony) so whoever is watching/listening don't get confused.

If that kid really wasn't a plant, TK should've called an audible, crowned Dragon, and suspended MJF without pay and sent him to anger management and therapy. 

But it's probably MJF working us.

Isn't the source for the plant story Swerve's cousin?

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

If that kid really wasn't a plant, TK should've called an audible, crowned Dragon, and suspended MJF without pay and sent him to anger management and therapy. 

But it's probably MJF working us.

Isn't the source for the plant story Swerve's cousin?

I dunno, read it from SRS.

Anyway, plant or not, some of the stuff Max does is still eye rolling. Wanted Bryan to win, but it is what it is.

AEW is becoming a joke. The blood makes no sense when they do juice. Major Joke Fraudster has the strap. Not good. I warned everyone last year that mjf would hurt business. Bryan Danielson could have been a spark to get casual eyes on the product but they went with the Fraudster...again.  mjf can't draw $. Say what u want about Hangman but ratings were good. And of course things were great with Mox Omega and Jericho on top. 

The Ironman match was ridiculous. Bryan had to carry mjf through it. Major stalling as Fraudster needed his water bottle and just resting waay to much. This proved mjf can't hang. The little sequence at the start was waay to robotic. Like something u would see at a wrestling school. Bryan is happy where he is at but AEW deserves Bryan as the top guy. 

The Gunns held on to the tag titles but I wasn't upset because the Acclaimed will still be strong and FTR needs a reason to feud with the Gunns. 

AEW is sooo close to getting hot but sadly it's becoming to much of a cluster. WWE is pretty crappy...but they have Zayn and the bloodline which is all they need to draw Major ratings. Yes they systematically try to cool off Zayn because the corporate media execs don't want him to be the man.  But as of now we are all entertained by Zayn and Roman etc. 

mjf can't be trusted with the strap. He screwed wardlow he's gonna cry and make excuses why he can't drop the title when TK finally realizes that AEW needs a real Top Guy to hold the strap.  I used to get excited when Dynamite was on my city...now ...sadly I have no interest in live aew. I miss Santana..when is he coming back. Hopefully Ortiz and Santana can reunite. 

Damn, it looks like Cash Wheeler spent FTR’s entire sabbatical in the gym…dude is jacked now. I wonder what this means…you can only assume FTR have signed new AEW contracts. I can’t imagine Tony Khan is putting them back on TV with only 5 weeks to go on their existing deals. I think Vince returning to WWE pretty much killed any chance of FTR ever returning to WWE.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

Damn, it looks like Cash Wheeler spent FTR’s entire sabbatical in the gym…dude is jacked now. I wonder what this means…you can only assume FTR have signed new AEW contracts. I can’t imagine Tony Khan is putting them back on TV with only 5 weeks to go on their existing deals. I think Vince returning to WWE pretty much killed any chance of FTR ever returning to WWE.

Honestly I think it was planned all along. FTR needed time away to heal up nagging injuries, and for some reason people on the internet took their friendship with Punk to mean they are somehow on the outs with AEW. Clearly the stuff with the AEW twitter not acknowledging them in their post congratulating the WON Award winners was a work, and people once again bought it hook, line and sinker.

What I find funny is when it happened, Dave said something along the lines of if FTR didn't show up to be part of the tag team battle royale deal then there "might be another story". Having Orange and Danhausen win the thing was a big red "clearly something is planned here because there's no way this team should be in a tag title match" flag, and part of me wonders if TK was working Dave in all this to a degree.  

If a kid can handle seeing Moxley and Hangman roll around in barbed wire, he can handle a heel throwing a drink on him. If it was a tequila drink (at least, I hope it was a mixed drink and the Chase Center doesn't serve up pints of straight tequila), that's a bigger issue. Maybe MJF figured sales of alcoholic beverages would have been cut off well in advance of the main event. If they weren't, they should have been. If they were, the drink was probably mostly ice water by that point.