Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/03 - 04/09 Adrenaline in my soul, Roman Reigns pinned Cody Rhodes

KawadaSmile

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Sami Zayn main evented a Wrestlemania. Life can be good sometimes.

KO vs. Austin and Sami-KO vs. Usos were the true main events of WrestleMania 38 and 39.

I actually had to look up the Sunday main event for Mania 38 because I had completely forgotten what it was.

I haven’t watched RAW in ages, but I remember stuff used to happen the night after Wrestlemania so I tuned in. This show has been remarkably uneventful and ridiculously slowly paced. It literally took almost 25 minutes before anything significant actually happened. So far it has been two hours of nothingness. At least on the weeks when Dynamite sucks, it sucks quickly. This show is nothing but long drawn out ring entrances and stupid pointless exposition. 

41 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I haven’t watched RAW in ages, but I remember stuff used to happen the night after Wrestlemania so I tuned in. This show has been remarkably uneventful and ridiculously slowly paced. It literally took almost 25 minutes before anything significant actually happened. So far it has been two hours of nothingness. At least on the weeks when Dynamite sucks, it sucks quickly. This show is nothing but long drawn out ring entrances and stupid pointless exposition. 

Agreed this might be one of the worst post Maina Raws in quite sometime. We got Riddle back which is meh....this is trash.

Yeah, that was the first time I've watched the opening hour of Raw in almost a decade and I think I'm good to go another ten years now. Then I came back in time for Lesnar to blow up the main before it even started.

Cody/Lesnar is sort of a double curveball in that it seemed like a logical post-Mania build for Cody as champion (which didn't happen), but it also came completely out of nowhere tonight as an off-ramp for Cody from the title picture. It all feels like there's a lot of good will being burned here for no real good reason.

The reason I won't say "Cody is cooked" is because he loooooves that shit, and we are now veering into dangerous territory. He was the babyface with in the mud many, many times in AEW, yet never really managed to get great shit out of it, regardless if it was against Ogogo, Malakai, or Andrade. 

Now he is going up against Brock fucking Lesnar, and managed to get that man booed (which doesn't really happen that much). Will he finally be able to succeed with that god damn storyline he loves so much?

I don’t think Cody is cooked, even though he clearly seemed cooked in his delivery during that opening. (I do wonder if his deal for returning to WWE got altered, Darth Vader-style, by some of the recent developments with the Endeavor acquisition.)

If anything, he’s an ideal opponent for Lesnar because he actually sells and can be effective in doing so as a sympathetic babyface. As long as Lesnar stays on point as a menacing beast like tonight and not the smirking mayor of Suplex City, it helps protect that dynamic as well.

But the way they got there was pretty lackluster, Brock has a lot less rub to give than he did six months ago and the whole angle doesn’t really give a great hook for next week other than “why, Brock, why.” A swerve for swerve’s sake.