Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 4/5 - 4/7 - Are you ready for yet another HUGE announcement?

The Thread Killer

TK is at it again, hyping another HUGE announcement on Wednesday.

Based on his previous HUGE announcements, let’s try and guess what it is going to be this time…

The addition of the rumoured Saturday Night TV show?

The dates and brackets for this years Owen Hart Tournament?

He has re-signed Christian Cage?

My guess is he has created even more Championship belts and booked some more tournaments, perhaps the AEW 8 Man Titles, or the AEW Pacific Northwestern Championship.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Migs said:

I'm assuming this is the release date for the video game.

Will be there live on Wednesday, and pretty excited for the lineup, especially the FTR match.

I know it’s 99.9% confirmed FTR are staying in AEW. Dax pretty much came out and said on his podcast that with Vince coming back, there is no way they go back to WWE. But that show does line up with the expiration of their contracts, and they did pose squaring off against the Impact Tag Champs over the weekend. And Dax is always saying they’d be happy to spend a year splitting their time between Japan and the indies, so there is that infinitesimal chance they do lose tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I know it’s 99.9% confirmed FTR are staying in AEW. Dax pretty much came out and said on his podcast that with Vince coming back, there is no way they go back to WWE. But that show does line up with the expiration of their contracts, and they did pose squaring off against the Impact Tag Champs over the weekend. And Dax is always saying they’d be happy to spend a year splitting their time between Japan and the indies, so there is that infinitesimal chance they do lose tomorrow.

I also think the Punk stuff plays into this potentially; either with them staying and this being something pointing to his return, or them going elsewhere and/or wandering the indies with Punk. It's sort of a win-win - either I get to see FTR win the titles back or the loss is an indication things are about to get very interesting for them.

I love FTR and don't want them to go somewhere I won't watch them, but I admit I would DIE LAUGHING if they lose and quit AEW with this timing.

Although them doing the indy 'round and facing ABC (Ace & Bey) in IMPACT would be cool as hell.

As far as TK's big announcement : "oh, well.... nevermind. Have you people watch RAW ? :lol:"

6 minutes ago, El-P said:

I love FTR and don't want them to go somewhere I won't watch them, but I admit I would DIE LAUGHING if they lose and quit AEW with this timing.

They seem to really want to work New Japan more, although I don’t know why they couldn’t do that and stay with AEW. Unless they want to do every tour or something. I don’t think there was ever a serious chance of them going back to WWE. I know that the hot rumour at the time was as soon as Vince was out of the picture, Triple H made a push to get them back, but they do not have a positive feeling about the time they spent there really.

13 minutes ago, El-P said:

Although them doing the indy 'round and facing ABC (Ace & Bey) in IMPACT would be cool as hell.

I haven’t seen Ace & Bey, they are a decent team? What style do they wrestle, high flying Lucha spot stuff, hardcore or traditional old school? You think they would match up well with FTR? (Then again, who doesn’t…but they definitely do better against traditional style teams.)

Based on the ROH PPV I am curious to see what happens on ROH TV this Thursday. Tony Khan pulled his own miniaturized versions of the Cody/Roman debacle at Supercard of Honor on Friday. Dude spends a bunch of time producing these compelling video packages building the story of Mark Briscoe beating Samoa Joe for the TV Title basically in Jay’s memory and then Mark loses and has to go hug his crying family in the front row. Then they went to an insane amount of detail with that in depth history of Eddie vs. Claudio, only to have him lose too.  Major bummer.

41 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I haven’t seen Ace & Bey, they are a decent team? What style do they wrestle, high flying Lucha spot stuff, hardcore or traditional old school? 

They are terrific. But I'm not sure how much you'd enjoy them, they've been X-division workers for years. High-flying, cool sequences and such. Both have been heels for a long time (Ace is quite the excellent douchebag), but right now as part of the Bullet Club they are more cool babyface style workers who "graduated" to winning the tag belts after their NJPW tour in the tag league last year.

41 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

You think they would match up well with FTR? (Then again, who doesn’t…but they definitely do better against traditional style teams.)

Yes, especially if they come as heelish outsiders trying to break them down, with Ace & Bey playing a more flying babyfaces role.

And then, we can get FTR vs MCMG. Ok, I want FTR showing up in IMPACT now.

Then again, after leaving WWE they were all about doing the round and even talked about wanting to face then IMPACT champs The North (Josh Alexander & Ethan Page), which would have been awesome, and they signed immediately with AEW, so...

Yeah I really want to see a series between FTR and MCMG.

FTR can work well with “modern style” teams…that second match they had with The Young Bucks last year was one of their best matches ever. Honestly, I think the key is time. If you look at that awesome match they had at Royal Quest with Aussie Open, or the matches with The Briscoes, or the aforementioned match with The Bucks, if they get enough time to tell the story everybody wants to tell, I think they can have a good match with pretty much any team. Who knows, maybe they would get that in Impact.

I've been to one of the Big Time Wrestling shows they've done with Bret, and they're basically structured as a meet and greet with a show tacked on. That's one reason that, if Punk can't mend fences with AEW, I really do see a non-zero chance of them doing indie shit together. Punk gets to do wrestling without dealing with a big company over his head, FTR does Impact and New Japan to make a full-time living. I would rather be seeing them all in AEW, and I'd bet on that being the more likely outcome, but with everything happening with Punk I think the other scenarios is at least plausible. 

1 minute ago, Migs said:

I've been to one of the Big Time Wrestling shows they've done with Bret, and they're basically structured as a meet and greet with a show tacked on. That's one reason that, if Punk can't mend fences with AEW, I really do see a non-zero chance of them doing indie shit together. Punk gets to do wrestling without dealing with a big company over his head, FTR does Impact and New Japan to make a full-time living. I would rather be seeing them all in AEW, and I'd bet on that being the more likely outcome, but with everything happening with Punk I think the other scenarios is at least plausible. 

Did you get to see one of those matches they did with Bret in their corner against Brock Anderson and Brian Pillman Jr. with Arn in their corner? I was very curious about that match. I wanted to see it, but I wasn’t sure how good it would be considering Brock being green as hell and Pillman Jr. being…himself.

39 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Did you get to see one of those matches they did with Bret in their corner against Brock Anderson and Brian Pillman Jr. with Arn in their corner? I was very curious about that match. I wanted to see it, but I wasn’t sure how good it would be considering Brock being green as hell and Pillman Jr. being…himself.

I didn't see that one (although I think it may be on FITE+?). Saw them against Jay Lethal and Homicide, which was *merely* a very good southern style tag match. Lethal and Homicide did great heeling it against them, and it was just fun to see a lengthy FTR match up close.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

Based on the ROH PPV I am curious to see what happens on ROH TV this Thursday. Tony Khan pulled his own miniaturized versions of the Cody/Roman debacle at Supercard of Honor on Friday. Dude spends a bunch of time producing these compelling video packages building the story of Mark Briscoe beating Samoa Joe for the TV Title basically in Jay’s memory and then Mark loses and has to go hug his crying family in the front row. Then they went to an insane amount of detail with that in depth history of Eddie vs. Claudio, only to have him lose too.  Major bummer.

Loads of big parallels between Supercard & Wrestlemania. Really obvious feel good moments handed to them on a plate, natural conclusions to storylines right there, then neither pull the trigger. Pretty weird really. Both really good undercards, i paid for neither mind

At least day one wrestlemania got the KO/Sami decision right but sounds like they're already squandering it with last night's Raw. Same old

The announcement is European dates I think? It would be good if Jay White turned up

24 minutes ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Loads of big parallels between Supercard & Wrestlemania. Really obvious feel good moments handed to them on a plate, natural conclusions to storylines right there, then neither pull the trigger.

That was exactly my feeling. Aside from the Main Event of Wrestlemania Night 1, this was NOT a weekend where you would go home feeling good about the hero prevailing. I found the Mark Briscoe/Joe match to be especially disheartening because we aren’t talking about a storyline not paying off, this felt much more real. I know Mark really probably didn’t care if he won the title, but all that stuff with his family in the front row and everything was just a real downer. I really don’t understand the logic between doing that excellent video package of Mark, talking about how life has been without his brother and the little interview with him and his dad, and all of that, and showing all the times that Mark came up short trying to win the TV title, only to go with that finish. 

15 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

Anything announced will be a disappointment, as expectations will always be higher than the pay off,

But I am just repeating what was reported    

I hear you brother. I don’t think you are necessarily the one who is excited about it, I just never understand when they make a big deal about holding shows in certain locations when it’s on a TV show that can be seen all over the place. For example, right now WWE is making a big deal about holding a show in Puerto Rico. I live in Canada, so what the hell do I care about that?

Hell, for that matter, they announced they are holding Forbidden Door in Toronto, which is where I live basically and I still don’t care. The tickets are going for $1,100.00 last I checked!

I get rarely excited about much in wrestling anymore in fairness, maybe if they announced Punk was coming back and also Sasha Banks. that might give them an injection in the arm which is needed.

If I'm Tony khan, now is the perfect time to offer anyone one who wants to leave the company the opportunity to do so. See how many jump at the chance to leave now Vince is back, plus the next time an idiot decides to post something stupid about the company, make an example out of them and cut them from the company. 

9 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

The dates and brackets for this years Owen Hart Tournament?

Ae they doing the tournament this year? That was one of 2022's biggest disappointments to me. Ended up being a horrible tourney no one gave a single fuck about and had two heels winning and immediately acting like babyfaces when they got their belts.

I hope if TK does decided to run it back he does it with blocks or a round robin to lead up toe the Finals (or semis + Finals).