Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 4/5 - 4/7 - Are you ready for yet another HUGE announcement?

The Thread Killer

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, The Man in Blak said:

Also, I love the idea of them doing Wembley, but it was just last week that they weren’t able to fill Chaifetz Arena (which isn’t even the biggest arena in St. Louis) for Dynamite. PPVs are a different beast, of course, but they’re really going to have to come up with something.

Yeah, especially with All Out the following month. Even besides that, it’s a big ask. I know there’s rumours about McIntyre becoming a free agent but I’m not sure he’s enough. I can’t think of any celebrity involvement that could push it through. I’m assuming Khan has the card and everything in place already but I’m massively interested in getting there either way

38 minutes ago, Stiva said:

Yeah, especially with All Out the following month. Even besides that, it’s a big ask. I know there’s rumours about McIntyre becoming a free agent but I’m not sure he’s enough. I can’t think of any celebrity involvement that could push it through. I’m assuming Khan has the card and everything in place already but I’m massively interested in getting there either way

Not the following month. The following week, per Anthony Bowens in reply to a fan asking if All In was replacing All Out this year.

7 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Not the following month. The following week, per Anthony Bowens in reply to a fan asking if All In was replacing All Out this year.

This is pretty weird. My assumption was no All Out, but not really clear how you can build to two shows at the same level a week apart.

2 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

If All Out Is shortly after them All In gotta have More interpromotional stuff aamd I guess non wrestling stuff?

I'd love for the UK brothers in here to enlighten us as to what would the show need to have to sell so many tickets.

I have no idea tbh. I expect it’ll sell fairly well out of the gate considering they haven’t toured here in it’s entire existence and you’ll get fly ins from other areas of Europe, on top of the rest of the UK. I assume that they’ll tape Dynamite and Rampage before flying over as maybe doing those live in smaller London arenas may cannibalise the Wembley tickets? Maybe TK has Goldberg lined up. I’m sure they’ll have some celebrity involvement if that still sells tickets 

The first month of the new ROH TV show on Honor Club was taped over two nights, at Universal Studios. They did an excellent job of creating a unique atmosphere. The soundstage layout was great. It was a small crowd, but very vocal and passionate. I really loved those first four episodes, there were some great matches and it was a lot of fun.

The other obvious advantage of taping an entire month worth of TV in two nights was that it forced Tony Khan to plan ahead. You could tell where he was going leading into Supercard of Honor. A lot of stuff built up over those shows, the feud between Top Flight and The Kingdom, the alliance between AR Fox, Blake Christian and Metalik against The Embassy, and especially the angles with Mark Briscoe/Samoa Joe and Eddie Kingston and Claudio for the World Championship.

Unfortunately, it now looks like Tony Khan is going to be taping the weekly ROH TV show in arenas before Dynamite every week. I guess the advantage to that is that the show will be taped in front of a much larger crowd, and because it is before Dynamite goes on the air, the fans are pretty amped up.

The problem is, it really makes ROH feel like the AEW “B Show.” Don’t get me wrong, I definitely know and understand that is what the new ROH really is…but I do believe he is trying to keep the brands somewhat separate. I was hoping he would be letting them do their own independent TV tapings least.

Tony Khan has done a great job integrating the ROH Legacy talent and mixing them with the young up-and-coming guys from AEW. I hope that continues. I just wish the TV product was a little bit more distinguishable.

1 hour ago, Phil Schneider said:

I am guessing he taped this weeks ROH before Dynamite because it was right after the PPV, I would assume they are going back to Universal soon

I sure hope so, because I just watched this week’s show and there seemed to be a notable drop off in quality from the first month. For the most part…this week’s show was just another episode of Dark.

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Dave is speculating - and that's all it is - that Sting's retirement match will be at All In to fill Wembley Stadium.

I don't think anyone is seriously expecting the full 90k sellout no matter what, but a combination of a Sting retirement match, potential first time  UK stadium show for not just AEW but probably New Japan as well as whatever big matches the Elite and pals are doing.....I could see 40k easily.

Plus.....TK *has* been talking to Punk for a while now. Not to kick that hornet nest again, but his AEW return could be a draw too.

FTR are staying.
Jay White is in.

Say no more, just a great episode for me for these two reasons alone. Three of my favorites workers in the world.

First stadium show, in England ? Well, TK ain't playing. That was the most "very big" announcement of his big announcement (since the buying off ROH). Considering whatever mistakes and bump in the road happens on weekly TV, AEW is pretty much always slaying for its big show, this is sure very intriguing, because this is gonna be their biggest show ever, so it has to be on paper too basically. Will All In be their tentative at a Mania/WK ? Hopefully yeas, this builds to some inter-promotional stuff to help. 

Gawwwd the teasing is almost too much to handle. Hopefully Will is back this Summer and you know what re-match could happen at Wembley ? Omega vs Ospreay. 

17 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Unfortunately, it now looks like Tony Khan is going to be taping the weekly ROH TV show in arenas before Dynamite every week. I guess the advantage to that is that the show will be taped in front of a much larger crowd, and because it is before Dynamite goes on the air, the fans are pretty amped up.

Agreed with Phil that they likely go back to Universal soon, but it's actually worse - they taped the entire ROH ep after Dynamite, so the crowd slowly petered out as the show ran past midnight. At least they opened with Briscoe/Lucha Bros and Shibata.