Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Windham Rotundo, Bray Wyatt. Age 36

paul sosnowski

Wow. 

I'm at a loss of words as well. But I'll say this...

So sad to hear just because he was still such a young man - 36 years old - and, say what one may about his ideas or his matches or whatever, I don't think anyone could say that this dude didn't love pro-wrestling and strive to entertain and bring something unique to it. I know I haven't always been kind when talking about his stories and his matches, but I never doubted his intention: to entertain his many, many fans and to do something that people talk about and remember. And, yeah, sometimes it veered into the ridiculous, but also, for every "bad idea," there was something like the Firefly Funhouse match with Cena that I thought was absolutely terrific and bizarre and weird and unforgettable and made me laugh and smile.

RIP Bray Wyatt. A guy who could strike out 9 times in a row, but still had me wanting to see his 10th at-bat. And I know that's not the nicest thing to say maybe, but damn, as far as what we know about him as a person away from the gimmick, he seemed to be well-liked and someone who rooted for his friends and was a good person. Just terrible, terrible news.

R.I.P. Bray Wyatt. A creative mind who was never lacking ideas. A lot of people have mentioned The Shield series elsewhere, but I always thought he was a good opponent for Daniel Bryan. In particular, I think their Strap Match from the 2020 Royal Rumble gets overlooked.

Goddamn.  He's nearly 7 years younger than me.  I got a text from a friend while out to dinner with friends, the wife and my son and nearly broke down at the table.  Just an incredible tragedy for such a large and young family.  Hopefully his fiends, family and loved ones find some peace and stability in time.