Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/25 - 12/31 Has Taylor Swift cursed the Chiefs?

NintendoLogic

3 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

49ers had an amazing confluence of terrible things happen in one game. And now on a short week. Baltimore has them figured out. 

Lots of contenders this year. Niners, Ravens, Eagles, Lions, all of them have a chance of getting that SB win. Shame goes for the Dolphins and even the damn Cowboys. Shit, even the Chiefs, as Swiftie Cursed as they might be, can still repeat!

Tye Dillinger as the N°10 in the Rumble. I call it there first. Then gets an agent/backstage job, as to the surprise of absolutely no one he just exited AEW. His most memorable stuff over there was probably carrying Wardlow during the turn angle, with him being really funny as the MJF stooge. He was really good working color on Dark too for the few times he did it. Got two kids now, friends with Cody. Yeah.

Hell no. They are able to do the Rumble with legit contenders for the first time in a while (last year was good too, but Cody winning was always the obvious result) and some suspense as to who can be the winner, no point wasting - for the lack of a better term - an entrant spot on a dude who was never above Curtis Axel.

57 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

It's more than like, 90% of the Rumbles at this point.

The Royal Rumble has overstay its welcome a long, long while ago. Sure, the formula is an institution now, which makes it the N°2 PPV of the year, but it's been completely useless for years now since Mania is so fucking big that there's no 99% of the people involve can win it. Most men's Rumbles have been predictable bores for an eternity. Plus, the fact you've got two Mania main event now and two World titles totally negates the fact there are basically two people this year anyway. You don't win the Mania main event  by winning the Rumble ? Well, you'll still get the Mania main event. And for a World title too. 

So Giulia is apparently WWE bound. Sucks for Stardom, but interesting on many levels. First, will Giulia be allowed to punch people in the face and drop them on their head ? It's not like Gunther has been working extra-light, so under Lesveque, who knows ? Also, apparently there would be some interest of working with Stardom, which would be highly beneficial for WWE and the japanese women signed there, and even the american ones who could be send over there. Since Stardom is owned by Bushiroad, how would that affect AEW's relationship with NJPW (if at all) ? So many things to unpack about what can potentially happen. 

On 12/28/2023 at 2:41 PM, KawadaSmile said:

Hell no. They are able to do the Rumble with legit contenders for the first time in a while (last year was good too, but Cody winning was always the obvious result) and some suspense as to who can be the winner, no point wasting - for the lack of a better term - an entrant spot on a dude who was never above Curtis Axel.

Bubba, half the fun of the Rumble has been the random surprise entrants.

They've gone away from that in recent years, which makes me sad.

Tye Dillinger would absolutely in line with the spirit of past Rumbles, and it'd be a good pop and fun moment.

Also, proof that AEW got a fun midcard attraction handed to them on a silver platter and had no idea what to do with him. But this is the same company that never truly took advantage of Bryan Danielson, so it would be a miracle for Shawn Spears to make any headway. 

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

It's not Sasha, that's for sure.

Why? Because "reporters" said so?

Just like they said Punk wasn't returning to WWE. How'd that turn out?

Sasha could end up elsewhere, sure, but I wouldn't base my assumptions on what wrestling sites have to say.

12 hours ago, C.S. said:

Bubba, half the fun of the Rumble has been the random surprise entrants.

They've gone away from that in recent years, which makes me sad.

Tye Dillinger would absolutely in line with the spirit of past Rumbles, and it'd be a good pop and fun moment.

Personally, I'd like to see Albert as a surprise entrant. I mean, he's a trainer and they have access to him currently, throw him in for a nostalgia pop and have him eliminate someone like one of the Pretty Deadly members or someone else who wouldnt be affected by it.

6 minutes ago, JRH said:

Personally, I'd like to see Albert as a surprise entrant. 

Now now, that guy would get no nostalgia pop at all. We're talking about a guy from 20 years ago that was only notable to the audience then because Trish Stratus was around the ring. Lord Tensai on the other hand... 

2 hours ago, JRH said:

Personally, I'd like to see Albert as a surprise entrant. I mean, he's a trainer and they have access to him currently, throw him in for a nostalgia pop and have him eliminate someone like one of the Pretty Deadly members or someone else who wouldnt be affected by it.

I'd love that too. With the right gimmick, he could have gone far. Lord knows WWE tried.