Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV - 03/04 - 03/09 Dom vs GUNTHER is my type of bullshit

KawadaSmile

3 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

At the start of Gunther/Dom, Michael Cole congratulated Sting on his career and retirement while Pat McAfee said Sting had an epic match last night.

Hell has truly frozen over.

Pat acknowledging the match was one of those reminders Vince isn't around anymore for sure.

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

Okay. Your WWE Fan Boy gimmick is jumping the shark now Bubba!

:lol: I know it sounds and IS weird, but her match with Becky was actually really good. It helps when she's not hurting people carelessly.

Now, she is just good. Improved a lot, but is still very unlikeable outside her heel persona, so there is that.

Nia has had good matches this year with Becky and Rhea, and more than held up her ends of the bargain, with the results being her best matches since Bayley in London. I think it helps that she's come back in better shape than when she left, but you can see she's moving better and is bumping more, she's definitely much improved.

I don't know about Nia. I remember there being one point when Becky drop-kicked her out of the ring and it looked like Nia was barely grazed and it looked like she slowly turned and wandered towards the ropes and gently let herself down to the floor outside the ring.

15 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

It's wild that Rollins almost killed Sting nearly 10 years ago with a relative safe move, yet Stinger ended up doing way crazier stuff without a problem.

Didn't the injury happen on a turnbuckle bomb? I might be completely off, but I think there were more people getting neck injuries from 'bucklebombs. I am pretty sure Balor got injured by that move as well.

1 hour ago, Robert S said:

Didn't the injury happen on a turnbuckle bomb? I might be completely off, but I think there were more people getting neck injuries from 'bucklebombs. I am pretty sure Balor got injured by that move as well.

He did, also by Rollins. Technically that one was on the guardrail though

2 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I don't know about Nia. I remember there being one point when Becky drop-kicked her out of the ring and it looked like Nia was barely grazed and it looked like she slowly turned and wandered towards the ropes and gently let herself down to the floor outside the ring.

I noticed that spot too last night. But other than that, there isn't much you can complain about Nia's current run. She has improved on every level. She's taken this run seriously and it shows. Now you finally have a monster heel to properly use in the Women's division.

Nia still isn't any good at bumping or selling, but she's fine at controlling a match as long as she doesn't try to get too cute with strikes and power moves and sticks to girth-based superheavyweight offense. Given her history, though, I fear she's going to end up cracking someone's sternum with her banzai drop.

2 hours ago, Robert S said:

Balor hurt his shoulder, in that case. IIRC he rotated his torso and ended up jamming his arm onto the barricade. Sting's injury was related to whiplash? I don't even know HOW he got hurt, because it all looked pretty safe and standard.

1 minute ago, NintendoLogic said:

Nia still isn't any good at bumping or selling, but she's fine at controlling a match as long as she sticks to girth-based superheavyweight offense. Given her history, though, I fear she's going to end up cracking someone's sternum with her banzai drop.

She hit a second rope leg drop which looked nasty, but was actually pretty safe. I was shocked.

I sweat to god, the only thing that's genuinely interesting me about WWE's product it's Gable's story against GUNTHER so if he's not the one who gets the singles match at WM (and obviously win the title there, duh) I'd fully give up. It's been such a soulless product for so long now. I would just keep RTing McIntyre's troll tweets I guess.

As much as it would make sense storyline wise to do GUNTHER vs Gable and have Gable win, it would seem a little anti climatic to have the record setting IC title run ended by the THANKYEW guy. Maybe this is their way to pivot to Chad Gable: Serious Wrestler, and if so I'd gladly take the L for my comment. Honestly I hope it is.

Whole segment was a hoot. Not even Roman bringing back Attitude Era's casual homophobia on a massive fuck-up brought the big vibes down.

That tag match and the Avengers-like Bloodline Rules match will be fucking amazing. One hour each.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Rock's new entrance is the coolest fucking thing

Nothing in pro wrestling is better than heel Rock being completely extra. Dude is the Tom Brady of rasslin. You may not like the guy but you can't deny he's the best to do this by a large margin.