-
Posts
18681 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by El-P
-
Brian Pillman Jr. cosplaying as his own father is pretty ridiculous. Like I said before, the whole revivalist aspect of MLW is really the part I would gladly do without.
-
No woman on her own, that's for sure.
-
Wow. No words.
-
The gifs from the glue factory match are hilarious. Reading the results, if this show wasn't a complete travesty to begin with, on booking and execution alone, it's a fucking disaster. WCW 2000 indeed.
-
Best in the world... The cynicism of these people is just amazing.
-
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1058400251218984963
-
Not following anything, but apparently Renee is not wearing a hijab, just dressed in black with almost-gloves on ? Wanna bet they are gonna make a big deal about this ? Has old-ass Shawn made his comeback already ? Does anyone care ? Are they referring to "beautiful, progressive Riyad ?" (I would guess not, reading the stuff about Hogan)
-
On many respects (the actual in-ring work and heat seeking work), this match was straight out of 1985 Starrcade or something. Jarrett & Wagner did look every bit their age. So did Karen, in the hottest way imaginable. She's like Francine if she was still doing ECW stuff. So, she looks great and is quite the great valet. The total overbooking at the end is straight from Double J Special, including the Blue Demon swerve you could see coming from three thousands miles ahead. The heel referee shit is so awful and makes lucha libre looks like something 40 years out of date. The ridiculous head-shave Jarrett got redeems himself forever of that non shaving he got at SummerSlam 20 years ago. Since we're taking about iMPACT, I kinda would love to see Jarrett & Karen back there for a final stint. And as far as Scarlett Bordeaux, which I just saw for the first time on iMACT, well, she's taking the whole pornstar look to another level. I guess WWE would be all over her. The sexiest thing about her is how she says her own name though. For those who don't know, Bordeaux is the name of the city in France, and it's basically where I was raised (in its suburbs basically).
-
So, the first part of UL4 was a pretty decent show. The trios match was fun although not as much as it would have been with Mr. Dick to me. They still got the most out of Guevarra with that insane Spanish Fly spot. Kinda rushed, still. The visual of the White Rabbit with the blood all over him was fantastic though, real horror-movie like stuff. Taya vs Ricky was kinda there, honestly. Not bad, but I was never feeling it. Plus, honestly, this is the most awfully conformist feud ever in that poor Ricky was basically an insecure guy who just wanted acceptance and love from people he admired and got bullied, ridiculed, humiliated and set aside, yet he's the bad guy for ruining the people who made him feel like shit's wedding ? Ok, he murdered a guy too then, but honestly, Mundo & Taya have been horrible people to him and drove him to insanity. So, fuck you Taya, you are a bad and shallow person. And fuck weddings in general. Killshot vs SoH was a decent brawl, it took a bit of time to get to the real insane spots, which basically was all this was about. I never really bought that much into that feud, so the post-match was forced to me (reaction shots of people crying ? really ?). Nice death spots at the end, but the finisher was a better idea on paper than in execution. I must admit the closing vignette worked, despite being cheesy as fuck. Good send-off for Strickland. Since I'm watching MLW now, I was almost expecting him to walk off in the sunset to the sound of "Ain't Nobody". Now, I would have marked out for that.
-
He drew shitloads of money with Inoki. A case of "right place, right time", but he became a big name simply because of this.
-
I've seen exactly *one* match with Tiger Jeet Singh that was kinda worthwhile. It was in NJ against Tatsumi Fujinami. In 1990 mind you, after Fuji's back injury, which says a lot about how great Fuji was. The Harris twins are up there with Singh.
-
I honestly have no idea, but Meltz mentioned it earlier this week and said they didn't get paid by the government do to the show (they did force the people to attend though). New Japan was printing money at this time, so who knows...
-
Well, thanks a lot. I sure was in my prime. And totally insane. DON'T WATCH THAT STUFF ! EVER !
-
Especially since this North-Korea deal was all Inoki's diplomatic stuff (same kind he was doing in Irak) and neither company was paid to do the show there by the North Korea government. Hogan as the host ? It's fucking perfect. Hey, can't have Homophobic Warrior, but we can bring back Racist Hogan. This shit is gonna be epic. I'm almost tempted to watch it.... (yeah, I'm going troll-fishing there ) (PS : of course not. But I can't wait for the reports by Meltz and others)
-
It's so perfect, you can't even make a joke !
-
It's been mentionned in the Evolution thread, but it's actually what everything is all about now. The character arks of everybody is "living their WWE dream" and once a year "having a Mania Moment". Hell, even John Cena was all about this stupid stuff this year at Mania. The product doesn't matter, there's only one message that is conveyed : WWE - WWE - WWE - WWE - WWE. It's the ultimate stage of branding, where the products don't even matter. WWE is Starbucks. Awful product, awful company parading as progressive with totalitarian practices.
-
So, they are gonna make a big deal about Renee going, aren't they ? #thisishope and shit ? Can't wait...
-
Going off-record for a second, there's that training routine on the DDPY app with Mundo as a guest. That mofo's heart beats in slow motion. You're there blasting through the roof, dead in the red zone, while he barely gets above 100 beats. Can't believe he's about to turn 40 too. Yeah, I have no idea why they killed her character mid-season, she was easily a top 3 character in LU since the beginning. Honestly, I hope she gets some gigs in some good TV show now. I would mark the fuck out if she ended up in GLOW, but let's not get carried about with fantasies (still, I could see her in the third Vegas season). Yeah, me too. But I'd hate to see them go down the route of using dull-ass WWE rejects like we got this year with Strong. I'd be ok with no more instead of watching the show turning into a shadow of it former great self.
-
It's Catrina from LU.
-
That last show was ridiculous. The "calling it in the ring" part was so cool. S3 can't arrive too soon. Heard it's gonna be darker. Not too dark I hope, but damn if this show ain't my favourite pro-wrestling TV show of the year.
-
Agreed. Worst of it when they play it *after* one participant/team has already entered the ring, having them wait like idiots. Totally kills the pace of the intros.
-
The Jake Strong superpush the last two episodes is the worst thing ever in LU in term of main event angles. The final vignette is everything cool about LU. Considering Aerostar's track record with saving people, not sure it will turn out good. Well, this fourth seasons sure had its moments, but it did feel rushed now that we're at the closing moment. Hope Ultima Lucha will put an exclamation point on what may be the last season (seems like all the hype has gone and they just don't make any noise).
-
WWE TV 10/29 - 11/4 warning: actual political rant inside
El-P replied to KawadaSmile's topic in WWE
Totally forgot it was yesterday. I was just discussing this with a friend this morning. Man, I certainly feel for you and send you my thoughts and wish you courage during those dark days. -
I finally got around to watch it, as I want to settle in something current I enjoy for next year hopefully, and damn, this was a great show from start to finish like you said. It's fun to see the LU guys in other settings, and to me they really shined here. Say what you want about Callihan, but he's one hell of a disgusting brawling heel, he's bringing it everywhere I've seen him and his match with Penta here was the best match that never happened in LU. But really, enjoyed pretty much everything here. I had seen Tessa Blanchard before and damn, she's so good. She also really looks like her father (for a young woman I mean), which is both cool and disturbing somewhat. I'm on to current, fun iMPACT, I deserve it after watching the 00's of TNA.
-
Yep. They made a trailer for Crown Jewel that is both absolutely brutal and hilarious. But mostly brutal, as it should be.