Pro Wrestling Only

1997 Recommendations

Loss

Roddy Piper tryouts (WCW Monday Nitro 03/03/97)

Always loved this segment, especially the crazy brawl at the end. So so disapointed when they cut those guys out of the war games match.

My brain might be making this up, but wasn't Goldberg one of the dudes that tried out?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roddy Piper tryouts (WCW Monday Nitro 03/03/97)

Always loved this segment, especially the crazy brawl at the end. So so disapointed when they cut those guys out of the war games match.

My brain might be making this up, but wasn't Goldberg one of the dudes that tried out?

I think it has been established that that was Horshu AKA the future Luther Reigns.

Shit, completely forgot about this (taking place in 97)

Sad as it is, Plum Mariko's death is something that must be covered in some form

http://www.quebrada.net/columns/old/30.htm

For sure the Oz vs Kansai & Cuty match should go on from the 10/30 memorial show

http://www.quebrada.net/columns/issue53/que53a1.html

If possible the Plum & Cuty vs Devil & Fukuoka tag title match from 5/10 as well since that was Plum's last real match (not counting the swiming pool tag) to make tape.

Not sure but i'd assume so. They did one on the first show after her death I know. I've never actually seen the 97 memorial show but Plum was one of the best wrestlers of her generation and her dying in the ring was a HUGE story that year in wrestling period not just joshi. Both JWP & OZ Academy still do yearly tribute matches/shows to this day.

• 2 weeks later...

LLPW 4/7/1997

Megumi Kudo, Shinobu Kandori, Michiko Omukai & Kaori Nakayama vs Shark Tsuchiya, Eagle Sawai, Sayori Okino & Miss Mongol

Fuck this was awesome. Eagle & Shark's team jump Kudo's team in the aisle, bodies go flying everywhear, ppl get bloodied up, the young girls get beat down but won't quit, the bad girls cheat their asses off to meain in controll, Kudo & a bloody Kandori get hot tag sections and clean house, suplexes & submissions galore, the crowd goes batshit, evil is defeated and a happy ending for all. Nothing fancy, just your simple heel/face tag formula we've all seen a trillion times but they did it to perfection. The kind of match I can't imagine most ppl not loving, high recomendation.

*EDIT*

I watched this off DVD but if anyone wants to check it out it's up on youtube if you search

• 3 weeks later...

Some more USWA 1997 recommendations:

5-17

Bloody Ox Brody vs Brian Christopher chain match. I think this is the first and last chain match that took place in the studio. Goes all over the place and ends when Billy Travis nails Brian with a guitar.

Fake Razor Ramon's babyface turn. Admits he's not the real Razor and that the Real Razor is Scott Hall and he's in WCW. Gets attacked by Mike Samples and the Truth Commission. Really weird angle. Vince gets involved later in the year.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Jado & Gedo vs Tajiri & Ryuji Yamakawa 60 min draw from BJW 7/31/97?

Never seen it myself, it's a weird match that's pretty famous but not so much among "the IWC" for lack of a better term.

Like if i'm reading an article or bio about any of those guys, specifcally one written by someone from Japan like Masa Horie or whoever, it gets brought up quite often, Tajiri mentioned it in his shoot, etc... but on forums like this one or on old tape review sites (remember those) or elsewhear i've never heard much or really any talk about the match.

6-21

Justin Credible debuts in USWA but isn't called that, he's called PJ Walker. I had no idea he did the gimmick before ECW? Of course, USWA was feuding with ECW at the time so that might be why.

The Jerry Lawler's kid angle: On Raw, Paul E said that Brian Christopher was Jerry's kid. The next week, Jerry goes on USWA tv and addressed the rumors. On 6/14, he attempts to give an answer but then time runs out and they cut off the show. On 6-21, both Jerry and Brian have a interview. Brian wants to tell the truth but Jerry goes kinda heel and says it's no one's business.

Billly Travis gets arrested: Billy is scheduled for a match with Fake Razor for the USWA title. After they ran a old match of Jerry Lawler vs Jackie Fargo, they cut backstage to show Billy getting walked out by 3 officers with Luther Biggs trying to stop them. This is the famous shoot turned angle where Billy got arrested when one of his baby mamas found out he was working in Memphis and called the cops for Child Support and Alimony. Lawler managed to make a angle out of it where Brian Christopher said he called the cops for Vandalism(Billy and Luther destroyed Brian's car on tv a couple weeks before) and found out about the woman's Child Support and called the cops himself. Really weird angle/shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished off the 1997 GAEA TV Season, interesting year. If 1995 was just about getting the company up & running & 1996 was about establishing their identity then 1997 was about the company feeling safe in said identity then wanting to branch out, experiment, throw a lot of shit against the wall & see what sticks.

Some things failed and fell by the wayside, other things caught on and changed the company for the better. Business wise they grew a lot and were able to run their first major show in a big building (blanking on the name of the arena) on 9/20 which was really succesful.

Roster wise there weren't too many changes this year. No new trainees debued and Bomber Hikaru, Kyoko Ichiki & Chihiro Nakano all left the company early on in the year. Nakano was a big loss as she showed a lot of potential and had a handfull of damn good matches in the 2 or so years her career lasted. Toshiyo Yamada officially jumped from AJW to GAEA around July but she'd been almost an honorary roster member for a while leading up to then. Aja also shows up for the first time late in the year and she'd start playing a bigger role in things in 98.

This was the first year they did the GAEA GIOIA, their year end talent/variety show which became a yearly tradition for remainder of the companies existence & was always something I looked forward to seeing highlights of on tv. The 1st High Spurt 600 tournament was held in December which also became a yearly tradition.

They went through a weird phase whear they did a bunch of Pancrase like shoot style matches (GAEA KAI). I actually enjoyed them quite a lot and thought it produced some good stuff but they abandoned the idea after 97 only doing 1 or 2 more in 98.

Probably the biggest story was Ozaki coming & going through out the year. The early months were great with the OZ Academy angle being super hot. They even turned rookies Hiromi Kato & Sakura Hirota heel and had them in the roll of pledges trying to earn their way into the group. Then things splintered off from Chigusa being OZ's main enemy to Hokuto feuding with her and Chigusa debuing her weird alt ego character ZERO & attacing them both at the anniversary show which I thought was interesting but after that Ozaki disapeared from GAEA for a few months (for various reasons) and the booking kinda fell apart since everything was being built around her as top heel.

With no Ozaki the heel Kato/Hirota thing flamed out and didn't end up going anywhere with them both quietly turning back face in the fall and all the heat kind of died down on Nagashima & Sato for a while too and they kinda got suck in this weird tweener phase for a bit. Ended up with this long stretch of shows mid year whear pretty much nothing of interest happened. Some good wrestling here & thear but no emotion to most of it and GAEA's a promotion that was always at it's best when there was a feud or angle surrounding things.

Things pick up again big time during the last couple months of the year when OZ makes a surprise return and starts shit with Kaoru & Yamada leading to some brilliant stuff. We also get the Sakura Hirota redemption road series to try & prove herself as a serious competitor and sees her teaming up with Chigusa a lot vs various teams and producing some really fun matches. Them vs LCO was a nice precurser to the stuff we'd get in a few laters with the Eccentric vs D-Fix feud.

Top 20 matches of the year

(For the purposes of this thread i'd say only 1-11 are MUST have yearbook matches even though I think all of them are really good/great)

1 - 7/19/1997 (WCW Women's Cruiserweight Title) Toshie Uematsu © vs Yoshiko Tamura

2 - 4/12/1997 Akira Hokuto vs Kaoru

3 - 11/30/1997 Mayumi Ozaki & Sugar Sato vs Kaoru & Toshiyo Yamada

4 - 2/23/1997 (Street Fight) Mayumi Ozaki vs Chigusa Nagayo

5 - 1/19/1997 Mayumi Ozaki, Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima vs Chigusa Nagayo, Sonoko Kato & Meiko Satomura

6 - 7/21/1997 (GAEA KAI Rules) Toshiyo Yamada vs Kaoru

7 - 12/27/1997 Akira Hokuto & Kaoru & Chikayo Nagashima vs Chigusa Nagayo & Sonoko Kato & Toshiyo Yamada

8 - 1/12/1997 (3AW Tag Titles) Sonoko Kato & Meiko Satomura vs Chihiro Nakano & Makie Numao

9 - 9/20/1997 Kaoru & Sakura Hirota vs Toshiyo Yamada & Sonoko Kato

10 - 7/19/1997 (3AW Tag Titles) Sonoko Kato & Meiko Satomura vs Saya Endo & Tomoko Miyaguchi

11 - 10/19/1997 (3AW Tag Titles) Sonoko Kato & Meiko Satomura © vs Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima

12 - 3/15/1997 Akira Hokuto & Sonoko Kato vs Kaoru & Meiko Satomura

13 - 5/25/1997 Toshiyo Yamada, Sonoko Kato & Meiko Satomura vs Akira Hokuto, Toshie Uematsu & Maiko Matsumoto

14 - 9/20/1997 (3AW Title) Chigusa Nagayo © vs Aja Kong

15 - 10/13/1997 Meiko Satomura vs Sonoko Kato

16 - 11/18/1997 Mima Shimoda & Etsuko Mita vs Chigusa Nagayo & Sakura Hirota

17 - 9/20/1997 (3AW Title) ZERO © vs Super Heel Devil Masami

18 - 5/25/1997 Chigusa Nagayo vs Kaoru

19 - 7/2/1997 Sugar Sato, Chikayo Nagashima, Maiko Matsumoto & Hiromi Kato vs Sonoko Kato, Meiko Satomura, Toshie Uematsu & Sakura Hirota

20 - 8/30/1997 (1 Night Tag Tournament FINAL) Sugar Sato & Toshie Uematsu vs Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato

Honorable mention to

8/15/1997 Chigusa Nagayo & Toshiyo Yamada vs Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima

7/21/1997 Fake Reyna Jabuki & La Infernal Kaoru vs Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima

Wrestler of the year was easily KAORU. I've always had gread admiration for those types of utility players that you can just slot into any role that's needed and they'll excell at and she really steped up this year in a wide variety of roles, brawling, working the mat, high flying, etc.. put ppl over quite a lot, both the vets & youngsters but was always able to remain creidble. Was really a key player in major feuds vs Hokuto, Yamada & OZ Academy and had a cool little mini feud with Chigusa that I enjoyed a lot too.

Re my top 3 matches

7/19/1997 (WCW Women's Cruiserweight Title) Toshie Uematsu © vs Yoshiko Tamura

Just an awesomely great match built around selling & drama with Toshie channeling Akira Hokuto as Tamura goes after her knee.

4/12/1997 Akira Hokuto vs Kaoru

Exact opposite kind of match, all about high impact moves and action built around blowing off a really hot feud.

11/30/1997 Mayumi Ozaki & Sugar Sato vs Kaoru & Toshiyo Yamada

Entirely diffrent then the previous two matches. This isn't 5 stars, this isn't the best match i've ever seen or the best match of the year but to me this match is perfection. Story of the match is after Ozaki returned, Yamada is so pissed at her and is so desperate to beat her ass that she can't think about anything else to the point of not caring about winning which pisses Kaoru off. With the way they execute things with OZ playing evil genius, twisting things around to the point that Kaoru & Yamada end up fighting with each other by the end allowing OZ to win is just brilliant stuff. A big pull apart brawl ensues post match, Chigusa has to run out post match to play peace keeper, Kaoru & Yamada won't even look at each other in the back and Ozaki just laughs on & smiles, like wow "those chicks are nuts". Great action, great story, cool/interesting characters....I don't really think i'm doing a great job or atleast as great a job as i'd like of verbalising things but yeah, this match really encompasses everything I love & want out of wrestling and is the kind of thing that makes GAEA my favorite promotion of all time.

The cool thing about that Toshie match is how much she cares about that WCW title. It's a neat undercard match.

With AJW you'll need to capture the story of LCO vs. Ito and Watanabe. With JWP it's the Yagi matches before her retirement and the Kansai/Fukuoka title match. With Jd' you'll need to concentrate on the Jaguar vs. Lioness feud. I would be extremely wary of Lorefice's star ratings and instead try to plot how the year went for each fed.

With AJW you'll need to capture the story of LCO vs. Ito and Watanabe

Yeah, there's 3 main storys in 97 for AJW.

1) Kaoru Ito getting pushed to main event status.

2) LCO turning heel and feuding with Watanabe & friends. A feud that would last on & off another 6 years in various incarnations and is prob my favorite joshi feud of all time. The outer players change over time, Ito, Maekawa, Hotta, Toyota, Momoe, Nanae, etc... but at it's heart LCO vs Watanabe is the foundation. In 97 specifically it's just as much, maybe more about LCO vs Watanabe & Maekawa even though it's Ito/Watanabe in the Cage match.

3) The roster crubling with Yamada, Kyoko, Takako, Aja, Yoshida & LCO leaving by years end and taking several of the young stars with them AJW was counting on to carry the future like Genki, Tamura, Tanny, Tamada, Shiina & Fukawa

• 1 month later...

Atlantic Grand-Prix Wrestling From 1997 Featuring Edge & Christian known then as The Suicide Blondes of Sexton Hardcastle & Christian Cage wrestling against Rick "The Model" Martell and Don Casablancas (Don Callis) known as The Super Models

This is at least interesting historically. The Maritimes territory had been re-started after seven years and was like an early developmental territory as wrestlers being trained by Bret Hart and Leo Burke toured here.

Martel and Callis were originally courted to be brought into WWF as a team but WCW got wind of it and brought in Martel solo just to mess with WWF (I recall that they did the same with Chris Adams). Callis ended up going to WWF as The Jackyl later that year.

Edge and Christian did do WWF training camps with Dory Funk Jr in 1997 and I remember seeing a WWF magazine article on camp stand-outs Adam Copeland and Sean Morely (Val Venis). Both were in WWF by the end of 1998.

The match itself is slow at times but worth checking out I would say.

the 7/23 halifax flag match with bret, owen and bulldog against taker austin and foley as dude love would be a cool one to highlight that us/canada fued.

or the 7/6 match at the paperview that was a ten man tag in calagary. harts vs. austin, lod, dustin and shamrock. sasuke/taka also wrestled on that ppv. rock and mankind had an ok ppv match at an in your house which was their first rather uneventful ppv meeting. it was an ok match that buried the maivia character just as mankind was doing shoot interviews and turning face. speaking of which, those were good interviews. hell in a cell and austin/bret will be included i think almost by default.

theres a lot of coolish wwf stuff from 1997 raws you could throw on there. bret had a good match with goldust somewhere, the cauctus/hhh street fight austin vs pillman that ended in a frakus, the rock and stone colds first promo together in ottawa the night after montreal... it all depends how deep you wanna go with the wwf stuff.

1997 is already a pretty hightlighted year for them and it tends to be lowlights, i think. 1997 wasnt my favorite wwf year but it was definitely the most memorable for me becausei was most into wrestling that year.

i havent watched the other yearbooks... id like to.

From my blog:

http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/ll...97-8151997.html

LLPW 8/15/1997

Kandori & Mizuki Endo vs. Yumiko Hotta & Maekawa

This is what I'm talking about. Someone's getting kicked. Endo goes down right at the beginning of this after rushing her opponents before the bell. Work or shoot? I don't know. Kandori launches her robe at Hotta during the announcements and I love it. Endo and Hotta ground and pound each other and it's great. Endo has the worst haircut I have ever seen on a woman. Maekawa hits a totally sweet dropkick early on. Hotta and Maekawa light Endo up like the 4th of July. Tons of nasty shots in this. We finally get Kandori in this and she OWNS. She totally shows Maekawa who is boss and actually holds back on her. The best is when she takes a high kick and laughs at her. Kandori has Maekawa in a sleeper and Hotta tries to come in but Kandori just points at her and looks and Hotta stops dead in her tracks. Hotta low kicks Kandori later and Kandori wipes it off with her hand. Kandori does a great counter from the position where she would about to be powerbombed. Endo is so spunky in this. She has it, I don't know what it is, but she has it. More nasty shots by Maekawa. There's one part were she kicks Endo in the face three times while holding her leg in the air the whole time, impressive. Hotta and Kandori mess up a pyramid suplex spot and Kandori takes one hardway on her head. Not good times. Another fun spot is when Kandori has Maekawa in a sleeper and tries to interfere again. Kandori points at her and she goes away then Kandori jumps her and puts the choke on her. Maekawa hits a great step kick on Kandori and Kandori goes to GnP her. Kandori lifts Maekawa when Maekawa was sitting on her back and just tosses her like garbage. Kandori puts the fujiawa armbar on her for the win. This was really great stuff. The middle was a little slow but it was heated, stiff, believeable and Kandori showed me what great pro wrestling is all about in this. ****1/4.

Vacant LLPW/FMW/Jd' 6 Woman Tag Titles: Eagle & Shark & Lioness vs. Futagami & Kurenai Yasha & Midori

Eagle/Shark/Lioness are a great gang. They had a great little run with some great matches. They all look really boss and look like superstars. The face girls all wear the same colors which are sweet. More teams need coordinated colors. Tommy Ran gets handed like 6 different belts and can't even hold all of them. There were so many champions and stuff in this the announcer almost had a heart attack trying to say them all. GAMI looks totally unrecognizable in this. Donuts and dreadlocks will do that to you. Again, great camerawork in this match. Sawai CRUSHES Yasha with an Avalanche. The turnbuckle almost gave out on it. I don't know who the masked chick is with Shark's gang but I like it. Shark sickles Yasha and Yasha sells it so well. 10 star selling right there. Yasha goes for the tag and Shark steps on her wrist preventing it while flicking off her partners. Awesome. Lioness does a nice 8 rotation big swing on Yasha and just tosses her. More great selling by Yasha. EAGLE GIVES HER A NOOGIE ON HER CUT. LIONESS puts Yasha in a clutch and waves Yasha's arm at her opponents and gets so close to tagging Yasha out. Then she yells, BAKA. Shark does it too and taunts each girl individually as she teases Yasha's tag. The faces try to make a comeback before getting mobbed by the Gang. Midori and GAMI both do awesome hot tag segments and Lioness sends Gami's brain in the 3rd row with an enzugiri. Gami hits a sweeeet russian legsweep and somehow northern light suplexes Eagle. The faces go for a second top rope powerbomb before getting rushed by the gang again. Yasha gets a wooden Katana and goes to town. We need more katana's in pro wrestling. Midori owns it with a German on Eagle. Super powerbomb attempt on eagle #3 and they hit it with a tandem neckbreak attached. Eagle hits some kind of funky tilt-a-whirl from behind. Yasha gets scraped with a lariat/backdrop combo. Eagle gets the powerbomb for the win. This is pro wrestling. *****. Screw it, I'm giving it 5 stars for this. The faces were great faces 101 and the heels were awesome. I don't know if I've ever seen a a better face trios than this team.

WCW Superbrawl 7 - Konnan/La Parka/Villano 4 vs Cicolpe/Juvi/Calo

LLPW - Megumi Kudo vs Shinobu Kandori - Street Fight

FMW - 3/14/97 - Kudo vs Kandori Barbwire Street Fight

FMW - Megumi Kudo vs Mayumi Ozaki - Barbwire

AJW - LCO vs Ito/Watanabe - Cage

WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 - DDP vs Savage - Las Vegas Sudden Death Match

I don't know if I'd reccomend it but there's a not so bad Super Match in War Cage (cage death match): Genichiro Tenryu & Koki Kitahara & Jun Kikuchi vs. Abdullah The Butcher & Tarzan Goto & Ryo Miyake

6-21

Justin Credible debuts in USWA but isn't called that, he's called PJ Walker. I had no idea he did the gimmick before ECW? Of course, USWA was feuding with ECW at the time so that might be why.

The Jerry Lawler's kid angle: On Raw, Paul E said that Brian Christopher was Jerry's kid. The next week, Jerry goes on USWA tv and addressed the rumors. On 6/14, he attempts to give an answer but then time runs out and they cut off the show. On 6-21, both Jerry and Brian have a interview. Brian wants to tell the truth but Jerry goes kinda heel and says it's no one's business.

Billly Travis gets arrested: Billy is scheduled for a match with Fake Razor for the USWA title. After they ran a old match of Jerry Lawler vs Jackie Fargo, they cut backstage to show Billy getting walked out by 3 officers with Luther Biggs trying to stop them. This is the famous shoot turned angle where Billy got arrested when one of his baby mamas found out he was working in Memphis and called the cops for Child Support and Alimony. Lawler managed to make a angle out of it where Brian Christopher said he called the cops for Vandalism(Billy and Luther destroyed Brian's car on tv a couple weeks before) and found out about the woman's Child Support and called the cops himself. Really weird angle/shoot.

Connected to this, I would think the inclusion of the match with Brian Christopher vs Chris Candido on RAW from 6/16/1997 would be a good inclusion.

This was promoted on RAW as an interpromotional match with Christopher from USWA vs Candido from ECW in a WWF ring. Sunny was there to announce both guys and Heyman was on commentary with Vince and Lawler when he confronted Lawler and said that Christopher was Lawler's son.

Brian Christopher vs Chris Candido

• 3 months later...

I don't know if I'd reccomend it but there's a not so bad Super Match in War Cage (cage death match): Genichiro Tenryu & Koki Kitahara & Jun Kikuchi vs. Abdullah The Butcher & Tarzan Goto & Ryo Miyake

Watched this this mourning and i'd absolutely recomend it. In a year with some really great cage matches this one really holds it's own as one of the best I thought, just an awesome war of a match no pun intended. Tenryu doing a cross body off the top of the cage should get it on the set alone :) 5/5/97 is the date.

I'd also recomend the Goto vs Tenryu singles match from 7/6/97. More of a spectacle then a pure match but as a blow off to the feud it works well. Goto plays evil monster destroying everything around him including the ref who bleeds a gusher, Tenryu fires back and quite decisively beats Goto's ass in revenge.

Haven't seen but looking through the Quebrada tape list I see this listed for the 6/6/97 show which might be worth looking into as well.

Super Handicap Match: Genichiro Tenryu & Nobutaka Araya & Masatomo Takei (company president, Tenryu's brother in law) vs. Tarzan Goto & Ryo Miyake.

• 1 month later...

RINGS

1/22 Tamura vs. Han (Battle Dimension Final)

3/8 Maeda vs. Tamura

4/4 Kohsaka vs. Yamamoto (30:00 draw at Korakuen Hall - fantastic)

4/22 Tamura vs. Kohsaka (might be a legit shoot - haven't got the WON yet with Dave's thoughts. There are two spots where it looks like Tamura is working but everything else looks like it is legit)

6/21 Tamura vs. Zouev (fantastic mat work)

7/22 Tamura vs. Tariel (The Takada/Vader of RINGS)

8/13 Naruse vs. Haseman

8/13 Han vs. Yamamoto

9/26 Kohsaka vs. Frank Shamrock (legit shoot but I think it is worthy of inclusion)

9/26 Tamura vs. Han

12/23 Han vs. Mikhail

12/23 Maeda vs. Tamura

These are matches that aired on Samurai TV that don't appear to have made Asahi. Does anyone know anything about these?

NJPW Samurai TV 11/14/97 (Pg 1969)

Jushin Liger & El Samurai vs Shinjiro Otani & Koji Kanemoto (NJPW Maebashi 09/13/97)

NJPW Samurai TV 11/22/97 (Pg 1969)

Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Norio Honaga (NJPW Maebashi 09/13/97)

NJPW Samurai TV 11/29/97 (Pg 1969)

Wild Pegasus vs Dr. Wagner Jr. (NJPW Osaka 09/17/97)

NJPW Samurai TV 12/05/97 (Pg 1921)

Jushin Liger, Wild Pegasus & El Samurai vs Chris Jericho, Koji Kanemoto & Dr. Wagner Jr. (NJPW Tokyo 09/23/97)

I know 1997 isn't talked up much for Big Japan, but these look interesting:

BJPW 06/03/97 comm (Pg 1916)

Takashi Ishikawa & Kengo Kimura vs Shoji Nakamaki & Takashi Okano vs Yoshihiro Taijiri & Yuichi Taniguchi vs Kendo Nagasaki & Satoru Shiga vs Gedo & Jado (BJPW 06/03/97)

BJPW 06/07/97 comm (Pg 1916)

Jushin Liger & El Samurai vs Shinjiro Otani & Yoshihiro Taijiri (BJPW 06/07/97)

BJPW Samurai TV 06/12/97 (Pg 1984)

Yoshihiro Taijiri & Zumbido vs Black Warrior & Chicago Express (BJPW 05/29/97)

BJPW Samurai TV 08/03/97 (Pg 2003)

Yoshihiro Taijiri & Seiji Yamakawa vs Takashi Ishikawa & Kishin Kawabata (BJPW Tokyo 07/23/97)

BJPW Samurai TV 09/14/97 (Pg 1967)

Yoshihiro Taijiri & Seiji Yamakawa vs Gedo & Jado (BJPW Tokyo 07/31/97) (This is the 60 minute draw FLIK mentioned)