Pro Wrestling Only

The 2011 WWE HOF Thread

sek69

Someone like Sunny deserves to be in because she's a lot better remembered than her push or her stint would warrant. I don't think a lot of other women should go in ahead of her apart from Liz, Sable, Chyna, Lita, Trish and maybe Madusa, Luna Vachon and Woman. And if you look through that list you can easily see why she was picked ahead of them.

Of course. I doubt Woman will ever go in although she would deserve it on her career only, but that would open a can of worms the WWE won't touch with a ten foot pole.

Chyna will never go in for obvious reasons although she was a hot act for a while. Sable, well, unless they work something out with brock at some point, I doubt it, but she could eventually.

Liz and Luna, I doubt they ever will. Madusa has no shot.

Trish really was more important than Sunny to the WWE I think.

But hey, like Loss said, it's all about marketing. I wonder who can induct Sunny though...

I'm guessing Cornette is out of the picture? I really want Ron Simmons to do it for some reason but I think either a Diva (Trish/Kelly Kelly/Eve) or Tom Pritchard would be the way they go with it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kowking

Someone like Sunny deserves to be in because she's a lot better remembered than her push or her stint would warrant. I don't think a lot of other women should go in ahead of her apart from Liz, Sable, Chyna, Lita, Trish and maybe Madusa, Luna Vachon and Woman. And if you look through that list you can easily see why she was picked ahead of them.

Of course. I doubt Woman will ever go in although she would deserve it on her career only, but that would open a can of worms the WWE won't touch with a ten foot pole.

Chyna will never go in for obvious reasons although she was a hot act for a while. Sable, well, unless they work something out with brock at some point, I doubt it, but she could eventually.

Liz and Luna, I doubt they ever will. Madusa has no shot.

Trish really was more important than Sunny to the WWE I think.

But hey, like Loss said, it's all about marketing. I wonder who can induct Sunny though...

Assuming she doesn't die in the next few years, I guarantee Chyna goes in someday.

Sunny had that run of legit mainstream press that really stood out at the time, getting herself noticed on actual mainstream entertainment/gossip type shows for being one of the early internet celebrities. That really stuck out to me as totally unusual at the time. I think it came up in the 1996 discussions somewhere, but it was actually kind of weird Vince didn't do more with her to try and capitalize on that at the time. He certainly didn't repeat that in the future, anyway.

Sunny is like the female version of Goldberg in the sense that while her time may have been short but she was hugely popular for the time she was there. "Most downloaded person on AOL" sounds like the usual WWE hype bullshit, but she was the hottest chick in wrestling right at the time the internet started taking off.

It is kind of ironic that she goes in the same year as HBK though, considering the role he played in what caused her downfall.

yeah Sunny was more over than her push would have indicated. Hate to repeat but she just missed out by a year or so of hitting it big time. She came in during the dark years where no one really had a chance. Her drug use and her Cornette taught willingness to speak up if she thought something was stupid (which Sable never did) sealed her fate

and generally the WWF at the time struggled with how to use woman in non wrestling roles because they still were kinda family entertainment and didn't want to go too far

Agreed 100%. She also had a more palpable personality than any woman before her in WWE history, and seemingly not afraid to play a more realistic heel. Sherri over-played the Wicked Witch persona, and thus became a caricature.

• 3 weeks later...