Pro Wrestling Only

PG-13 vs. The World

Dylan Waco

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scroll back about 15 pages and you'll find yourself and various others shouting at me for criticising their offence, before going on about how great their offence was.

Also, anyone fancy explaining this whole "heel-in-peril" thing. Has someone written an essay on it to which they could link me? Why is it such a terrible thing? etc.

Scroll back about 15 pages and you'll find yourself and various others shouting at me for criticising their offence, before going on about how great their offence was.

Also, anyone fancy explaining this whole "heel-in-peril" thing. Has someone written an essay on it to which they could link me? Why is it such a terrible thing? etc.

jdw linked to some stuff he has written about it several pages back. I hate that style of works for a few reasons, but primarily because it is - more often than not - antithetical to building heat and tension.

I expect people will have very fond feelings for the RnR's and Bodies coming out of that set, but I think the Thugz and the Gangstas will be the real surprises on the SMW set. The Thugz were a really great short lived team and the Gangstas were MUCH better in the ring at that point than anyone would guess

Are there really people out there who would be surprised that a tag team with the Dirty White Boy and Tracy Smothers would be awesome? Maybe it's my own biases talking since I'm a huge fan of both guys (and of Smoky Mountain) but I kinda just took that as obvious.

It was what the match called for. Now then, Blackjack Lanza or Jay Strongbow or whoever put the on the card is the one that we're going to have stern talking to for your negative impression of it, lack of mindblowing offense aside. Or I guess maybe Rene Goulet, but I'd just feel sad yelling at him. For starters i remember him as the "Hey! Who the hell is that guy who always shows up!" guy who I'd ask my clueless dad about as a kid. And he's also REALLY withered right now.

Posted Image

When I was a kid, I knew that whenever Rene Goulet came out, some serious shit was going down.

I love Bret. Think he was a great wrestler. I also happen to think Ricky Morton is an arguable top 20 wrestler of all time but that may be another thread.

I can't see this being arguable. Top 5 is arguable. #1 all time most underrated is arguable. Top 20, however, I think we should all get in the habit of having Morton's name tossed around in the way that we do the other typical top 20 names.

I ranked him #19 during the Smarkschoice poll a few years ago. It's one of the few rankings that wouldn't be different today. The more Ricky Morton I see, the more his case is strengthened.

He would be awfully high on my ballot if we were to ever do a poll like that again. For babyfaces of his type only Steamboat and Rey are even on the same level and both guys are regularly tossed around as top twenty names.

How does that equal=Best or State of the art. I said they had good double team offense on par with most of their contemporaries. I also pointed out the Powers of Pain had better double teams.