Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

Carlos Colon was still actively getting involved in angles up until very recently (I got out of the habit of watching WWC regularly when the hurricanes basically shut them down for a long time), and as bad as he looked doing it he might as well be Bryan Danielson when compared to Flair. 

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, The Thread Killer said:

Via 411:

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Ric Flair’s Last Match was a huge success, business-wise, and was one of the most successful independent events in recent history. The show had an attendance of 6,800 fans with a gate of $448,502. That’s the second-largest independent gate in North America, just behind All In’s 10,541 paid and $458,525 gate. 

It had between 20,000 and 25,000 streaming PPV buys and around 4,200 TV cable buys. Of those who bought WWE Summerslam, only 2.07% also bought this show.

Great fucking numbers. J E DOUBLE F is a bigger draw now than in his prime.

Just saw an interview posted online where Flair admitted that he passed out not once, but twice during the match due to dehydration.

Why, in retrospect you’d almost think that a 73 year old man with a pre-existing medical condition and an alcohol problem participating in a Pro Wrestling match was a bad idea.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:27 AM, Coffey said:

I can't wait for Ric Flair's next last match ever! 

In my mind, it was all just to make Carny Conrad money & give Flair one last reason to have an aftershow party because he's an alcoholic.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/ric-flair-i-wish-i-hadn-t-said-it-was-my-last-match

"I wish I hadn't said it was my last match. That's gonna get heat. Hell, they wanted me to wrestle in Puerto Rico on Saturday night. I said, 'Guys, I cannot get in the ring one week later.' And the guy looked at me and said, 'Well, you know what, could retire in Puerto Rico can't you?' No, no, no that's not the point," Flair said. 

He's coming for Terry Funk's retirement record! 

Conrad saying that he got positive feedback from Flair faking a heart attack shows how much of a carny sleazebag he is. Sure, he got positive feedback from this.:rolleyes:

Hey, Flair should do another match, just to fuck with Conrad and this entire debacle. I mean, if he dies in Puerto Rico, Carlos Colon can play the "I did not see anything, I'm not responsible" game again. 

What an embarrassment. 

On 8/13/2022 at 5:01 AM, El-P said:

Conrad saying that he got positive feedback from Flair faking a heart attack shows how much of a carny sleazebag he is. Sure, he got positive feedback from this.:rolleyes:

Hey, Flair should do another match, just to fuck with Conrad and this entire debacle. I mean, if he dies in Puerto Rico, Carlos Colon can play the "I did not see anything, I'm not responsible" game again. 

What an embarrassment. 

Conrad really needs a Glenn Moore-ing, in terms of getting in such hot water with one of his show’s host that he goes completely radio silent/off the grid.

Yeah, hard to do when you are in “the family” of a high profile one, but it would be nice for him to disappear!

Conrad on his own seems like a harmless enough carny we've seen hundreds of times in wrestling. His biggest legacy however is going to be creating the current Wrestling Podcast Grifter economy where has beens and never-weres rail against whatever company they're not trying to actively get a job from. That's going to have more of a long term negative mark against him than anything else IMO. 

On 8/13/2022 at 5:01 PM, El-P said:

Feels a little harsh. Calling it "faking a heart attack" seems like it's a Fritz Von Erich deal. In real time, it came off as a stooge spot that lasted all of two seconds before an eye poke. It wasn't Fritz or even Flair on Nitro in 98.

On 8/18/2022 at 7:09 AM, sek69 said:

Conrad on his own seems like a harmless enough carny we've seen hundreds of times in wrestling. His biggest legacy however is going to be creating the current Wrestling Podcast Grifter economy where has beens and never-weres rail against whatever company they're not trying to actively get a job from. That's going to have more of a long term negative mark against him than anything else IMO. 

It's the natural evolution of the medium. Rasslers used to bitch to dirt sheets, then it was video shoots a la RF/KC, now it's podcasts. In the future, we will have an immersive VR experience of an old midcarder detailing how the office held them back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...