Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember owning a copy of that show that I think I got from Will. Overall, it's a pretty lousy show. The card doesn't mention that the first thing you see on this show is two dudes kissing in the middle of the ring, with the gay heels Christopher Street Connection making out. Ah, makes your own Rob Feinstein joke here.

I remember owning a copy of that show that I think I got from Will. Overall, it's a pretty lousy show. The card doesn't mention that the first thing you see on this show is two dudes kissing in the middle of the ring, with the gay heels Christopher Street Connection making out. Ah, makes your own Rob Feinstein joke here.

Great oaks from little acorns grow. Give its due it change Wrestling.

Facebook Page: Wrestling Fans Against Misogyny

New page, appears to have been created on Monday (4:42 PM PT first post) and aimed at Joey Ryan rather than the WWE. Coincidence that it popped up before the WWE did their Monday night thing.

Interesting because the pics are of Joey and Candice, and they have a singles match on the next show. Not their first, and they've worked opposite each other a lot over the years. Joey actually put her over at WrestleReunion.

John

Well, I like the idea of the message but I don't like the means that it's being used. I'm not sure the guy running that Facebook page is too...what's the word I'm looking for? Knowledgeable. Or maybe she/he is a troll, I have no idea. Trying to name-drop Jimmy Snuka & Jerry Lawler as the two example wrestlers to counter misogyny, really?

A shame because I really like Joey Ryan too and think he could be a star. I hope this doesn't get any legs using him as the example.

It appears to be up from a fan. Looks like fan photos from what I suspect is the WrestleReunion tag (Candice in green & red) and PWG's Legion Hall (Candice in white). The fan is also knowledgeable about PWG in the sense of Joey being one of the owners.

Also, you wonder how much of it might just be a work. There were those Snuka and Lawler comments in the very early post.

John

How many of those guys are even still active? Maff, Red, Briscoe, Homicide, Quiet Storm, Spanky, Super Crazy, and the main event guys? That's like half the show.

Monsta Mack & the Maximo's still wrestle. After disapearing for a while Brian XL came back not long ago but i'm not sure if that was just a temp thing or if he retired again. Allison Danger's still around & wrestling as well.

I know ROH only use him as a manager but does Nana still wrestle on the side anymore?

I forgot just how weird that first ROH show (and similarly the other early shows) were.

- RF being the only promoter to use the Christopher Street Connection as heels

- Homicide teaming with Boogalou (who he wasn't teaming with in "workrate" indies) against the soon to be split (due to Drake's injury) Boogie Knights.

- The Whipwreck trainees being unable to capture the magic from their CZW trios matches.

- Eric Tuttle

- Oz & Ikaika Loa making their only appearances.

- Super Crazy in for one shot via Victor Quinones.

- Multiple wrestlers suddenly, suspiciously switching to smaller & tighter outfits, which at less one of them (Danielson) only wore in ROH for months. The SAT went from having a unique look in their sleeveless work suits to being really generic looking.

That's not even getting into the awful early booking and skits.

After disapearing for a while Brian XL came back not long ago but i'm not sure if that was just a temp thing or if he retired again.

I reffed on a WXW C4 show in Allentown, PA about a month ago where Brian XL was in the opener. It was the first I had heard of him being around in a long, long time.

“Debra 2:20 says I got arrested for beating up my wife.”

That made me laugh out loud for some reason -- as did plenty of other lines in the review.

Someone here needs to volunteer to review all of the WWE's movies...

*looking at Daniel and Jerome*

:P

John

I'm not going to lie, I like most of Austin's movies. Hunt to Kill was terrible as was The Stranger, but The Condemned, Damage, and Knockout were all watchable. Tactical Force is also decent, but not as good as the other three I mentioned.

He did one with Danny Trejo, but I haven't seen it yet.