Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the "all pro-wrestlers aren't fuck ups" series, the shoot interview with Jim Brunzell is really good. Comes off like a cool guy, tells a lot of good stories. If you believe his Wiki page he's 62, but he really doesn't look a day over 50. It puts things on perspective when you hear that he had to have shoulder replacement, and that he fucked up his left hips too, and that just because of throwing thousands of dropkicks and falling down on the left side. You don't think of crazy highspots when you think of Brunzell, yet it was enough to do serious damage to his body. Does a great Jim Barnett impersonation, but doesn't say "My boy" sadly.

It blows my mind that Rey Mysterio Jr. is still only 37. I know he started young but it's incredible just how young when you look at how long he's been active in this business.

I wonder how many years he will keep going. He's had a LOT of work done on those knees.

I don't think it's as impressive when alot of his peers have had similar tenures, especially with the lucha guys.

Would anyone besides me be amused if Batista came back to feud with Daniel Bryan just so they could book the angle as "The Animal" vs "The Vegan"???

Batista was one of the first guys talking shit online that Danielson didn't deserve the World Title, they could tie it all together in a nice little bow.

I hope Hogan eventually makes the argument that he predicted the rise of social media in 2000 and that his feud with Kidman was a decade ahead of its time. Trash talking online is how the WM main event this year is being built up after all.

Don't you go giving Hulk any ideas.

So CM Punk tweeted a few days ago about wanting to curb stomp Chris Brown and offering his services if Brown wanted to fight someone who can defend themselves (Chris Brown famously battered Rhianna while they were dating a while back and his prominent place at the Grammys this year rubbed a lot of people the wrong way). Brown's response upon hearing he was called out by a pro wrestler guy was to call CM Punk a roid abuser who's junk is to small to please a woman. Not only is that hilarious for obvious reasons, I bet WWE will freak out and make Punk drop it despite A: constantly whoring for mainstream attention and B: the fact that the vast majority of people agree with Punk on this.

God, Punk/Chris Brown at Wrestlemania would be off the charts. He's the kind of guy WWE would have used in the Attitude era.

Not to mention it would be the closest modern wrestling could get to the "heels had to fist fight their way out of the arena" level heat.

Of course it also just occurred to me that considering their own history, WWE might not see anything wrong with Chris Brown.