Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see the closing segment, but Cena cut a great promo on the Rock.

Next week, the Rock will run through all his shit, say Cena has a vagina, do his weird practiced smile, and wash, rinse, repeat for another month+. Between that and the laziness of a battle royal to name Punk's challenger, they're really trying to make me not order WM.

The closing segment was a battle royal to determine who would face Punk for the WWE title. Big Show press slammed Ziggler out of the ring, Wade and Truth tried to catch him, and it didn't end well to say the least. Ziggler was tossed too hard and landed half caught/half face first on the announce desk which caused him to bend at a sick looking angle. Truth was down for a while (he may have just been selling) and Wade looked like he broke his arm because the entire WWE medical team and the rest of the ref crew were out working on him the rest of the match. It messed up the angle they were trying to tell because it looked weird seeing all these guys working on Wade while they were trying to sell Jericho-Punk, and when they had their end of show staredown, the crowd was doing the "give the guy who got hurt a cheer for moving" pop to Wade who was walking off under his own power with what looked like a air cast running the length of his arm.

Jesus, the latest WO.com update is saying damn near everyone in the match got hurt:

Wade Barrett suffered a serious arm injury catching Dolph Ziggler who was thrown over the top rope by Big Show during the main event Battle Royal on Raw.

You could see Barrett holding his right arm and furious immediately knowing he suffered a serious injury. An "X" was signaled and doctors rushed to the scene as the match went on. Making it worse, is that when Santino Marella was thrown over the top, he landed on Barrett's possibly broken arm. Ziggler was also hurt when his shoulder and arm crashed on the table and R-Truth needed help going to the back.

Kofi Kington was probably not hurt but when he was thrown out he had to change his trajectory to avoid Vickie Guerrero and had an ugly crash into the boards.

Cody Rhodes, who came into the match hurt from last night with a right thigh or hamstring injury, was limping badly and was hurt worse when he did a Disaster kick and the leg gave out. However he got up and had several more spots to do including play a hand in helping eliminate Show which allowed Jericho to win the match.

I really think Cole was trying to gloss over it to stay focused on the match when he said "yeah, real hurt" really quickly - almost sarcastically - after Lawler pointed out what was going on, but they really had no choice but to highlight it when the entire medical staff was out there attending to Barrett.

That said, if you work for WWE's production department, seven-second delay is your new best friend tonight.

Also... a summary of the Cena stuff? That way I can avoid turning away from the Holmes On Homes / Holmes Inspection marathon I'm having off my DVR to clean up space. ;)

John

Cena basically reverted back to his early gangsta days and tore into Eve for being a tramp, leaving her crying and leaving WWE looking more misogynist than ever, if you can imagine that.

To the point of ending the segment by calling Eve a "scandalous bitch" and informing her that he's disease free and intends to stay that way. Considering the show cold-opened with her explaining to the Bellas like an idiot her plan was to basically be a gold digger with Cena, it's not quite as bad in context (since it's basically a heel being foiled and getting their comeuppance), but the fact that it happened literally minutes after her heel turn made it come off like Trish barking like a dog in the "let's humiliate a woman" department.

Also... a summary of the Cena stuff? That way I can avoid turning away from the Holmes On Homes / Holmes Inspection marathon I'm having off my DVR to clean up space. ;)

John

Cena basically reverted back to his early gangsta days and tore into Eve for being a tramp, leaving her crying and leaving WWE looking more misogynist than ever, if you can imagine that.

"Good guy tears apart Jezebel" isn't misogynist. It's a staple in all Soap Operas. Let's not all become a bunch of Donahues, here.

I was at Raw tonight and Ziggler hitting the table looked so nasty that we never really noticed Barrett being down until a few minutes later. Ziggler must be fine, though, since he came back out and wrestled Punk in a dark match.

Man, this was my first live wrestling event in about 15 years. I went with my non-wrestling fan wife and we both had a good time. Setting the bar low, albeit for different reasons, helped make the show more enjoyable.

I think after wrapping up the Kane stuff they realized they need to end the Zack/Eve stuff too. Well they didn't need to, but they sure put a bow on it.

Also WO is reporting Wade has a dislocated elbow, which I guess is better than a broken arm but doesn't sound like it's much fun either.

I think after wrapping up the Kane stuff they realized they need to end the Zack/Eve stuff too. Well they didn't need to, but they sure put a bow on it.

I haven't seen it, but that's my guess. And as far as I'm concerned, they needed to. You can't have that stuff entwined with an angle as big as the one he's been having with Rock.

From the sound of it, it sounds pretty tame compared to some of the things aimed at women during the Attitude era, which went far enough to make me beyond uneasy. Unless this becomes part of the shtick, I don't see getting too riled up about it.

I just don't like the possibility that they are doing this to appease the "Cena Sucks" assholes. Unless...this is the subtle beginning of a heel turn.

To the point of ending the segment by calling Eve a "scandalous bitch" and informing her that he's disease free and intends to stay that way. Considering the show cold-opened with her explaining to the Bellas like an idiot her plan was to basically be a gold digger with Cena, it's not quite as bad in context (since it's basically a heel being foiled and getting their comeuppance), but the fact that it happened literally minutes after her heel turn made it come off like Trish barking like a dog in the "let's humiliate a woman" department.

Lita's send-off was the first comparison I had in mind, as Cena implying that Eve is carrying a disease was right up there with Cryme Tyme selling Lita's yeast infection cream.

I mean, part of it is their general fanbase and how "Eve is a ho" was trending on Twitter (I think they were appeasing those fans rather than the "Cena sucks" ones) but still. I imagine they'll take Eve off TV until things cool down, but I also imagine we'll hear stories of Eve walking her dog or sitting on her porch with a Rubix Cube minding her own business when some deranged Zack Ryder fan shows up and calls her a Hoeski.