Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck, i'd be lying if I said I wasn't bumed to hear that. Finlay's indy world tour is one of the most enjoyable things in modern wrestling today. Good for him to be back in the WWE but sucks we might not ever see him wrestle again now unless he get's a Lawler deal whear he can still do shit on the side.

And what happens if they just.. don't mention them? Flair will already be there and will have already did whatever he is going to do.

TNA sues for breach of contract, maybe? I dunno. But, Bix is right, WWE has mentioned TNA before anyway, on the Hardys' DVD when Jeff went there the first time, and Flair (ironically enough) took a shot at them on one of the legends shows.

I've been reading the Death of WCW book written by RD Reynolds. I've enjoyed it for the most part but I really disagree with how he approached it. He seems to blow a lot of things out of proportion in some instances while completely ignoring other instances that were worse. He also really should've researched his timelines better as he was off by months at certain points for events. I also found several inaccuracies throughout.

Fuck, i'd be lying if I said I wasn't bumed to hear that. Finlay's indy world tour is one of the most enjoyable things in modern wrestling today. Good for him to be back in the WWE but sucks we might not ever see him wrestle again now unless he get's a Lawler deal whear he can still do shit on the side.

Hopefully he'll make a trip or two to FCW

I've been reading the Death of WCW book written by RD Reynolds. I've enjoyed it for the most part but I really disagree with how he approached it. He seems to blow a lot of things out of proportion in some instances while completely ignoring other instances that were worse. He also really should've researched his timelines better as he was off by months at certain points for events. I also found several inaccuracies throughout.

Check the cover closer: it's written by RD Reynolds and Bryan Alvarez. Bryan's notoriously weak memory could explain a lot of that.

I blocked Bryan Alvarez out because I wouldn't have read it if I thought he was writing any of it. I tend to like Reynolds though. Like I said, it was fun despite my disagreements with their focuses and the inaccuracies.

RD wrote the first half and Bryan the second. That's how they tackled it as they never communicated face to face during the writing of the book.

Davey Richards Vs. Michael Elgin at Day 2 of the ROH Showdown in the Sun iPPV was G-R-O-S-S and I'm a pretty big Davey detractor. Wasn't flawless, mind you, still a ton of no-selling, but I think it made Elgin look like a superstar. I have been pretty high on Elgin for awhile and he really got to shine. Some people are calling it the Match-of-the-Year which I think is ludicrous and I sort of just chalk it up to ROH fanboyism, but I still would say check out, at the very least, the home stretch of the match. It is some Indy fun, but easy to pick apart if you're looking for flaws or "smart" work. But as a spotfest? Enjoyable run for the last ten or so.

From PWI:

Dave Finlay is back with WWE as an agent and officially started again with the company this weekend. Finlay will be finishing his independent commitments over the next several weeks.

Good for him.

Finlay did an interview denying he got hired back. Seems an odd thing to keep underwraps given he'd only return in a backstage role so i'll take his word on this one.

If Reynolds wrote the first half, then he owes everyone an explanation as to why there is no mention of The Black Scorpion... especially since that's WrestleCrap personified.

Heck, Alvarez would deserve grief for forgetting it as well.

Does any American pro wrestler have a good execution of the tope? After seeing Punk's tope tonight, it got me thinking how I can't remember ever seeing a good tope from an American pro wrestler. It seems like they don't get the move at all, and it always looks awful.

This might be the most depressing match I've ever seen. Kobashi is in late 80s Andre territory at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0uSoDFuQ8w

Watching Kobashi just totally break down was one of the most depressing things about Japanese wrestling before I tapped out as a full time watcher in about 2004. And honestly I thought he was immensely messed up at that point. He was muscular as hell but couldn't even move anymore, and the frustrating thing was he was still often the most entertaining guy on the show anyway.

I don't even want to look and see what it's like 8 years later.

I like that Aries spot, and he does a good job with it. But if I'm remembering correctly, doesn't Aries usually drive forward with his shoulder as the impact point as opposed to the head? It seems like no one in America actually drives forward with their head as the point of impact.

Does any American pro wrestler have a good execution of the tope? After seeing Punk's tope tonight, it got me thinking how I can't remember ever seeing a good tope from an American pro wrestler. It seems like they don't get the move at all, and it always looks awful.

Kyle Matthews has a really good one.