Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Kind of silly but given her music was all over 80s Wrestling and 80s comps but I would just like to say RIP Donna Summer.

I dont think Eddie Gilbert would be the same without this.

Whenever I hear Hot Stuff, Eddie Gilbert is the first thing that comes into my mind.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Paul Kersey

Should have just given wwe the third hour for tough enough/nxt/specials or what have you. Three hour Raw will be rough, & I bet nobody who doesnt already get a lot of time gets any more; hell 3-hour nitro at least would have some fun bizarro matches (or am I mistaken, and was the extra time unending nwo promos?

Id say live Impact sounds fun for bad reasons, but their ppvs arent THAT gaffe-filled.

Here's hoping they desperately hotshot some fun stuff, but it didnt really happen during their "monday night war" so i guess theres no reason to think it will now.

WCW had a huge roster full of solid vets and exciting younger wrestlers, that helped a lot in filling 3 hours. Plus in theory it was supposed to help them beat RAW by having the unopposed hour to promote the rest of the show.

WWE's roster depth is pathetic. We'll probably just see longer matches with the usual guys, more video packages/commercials, and more talking. It'll probably hurt the ratings too. Not really sure why they'd want to do this, but supposedly USA has been pushing them to do it for a long time.

At the time, I liked that Nitro was 3 hours. I went to one of the first shows once they went up an hour, and it was a hot card. But the problem proved to be Thunder, an idea Bischoff was very opposed to from what I heard. A better idea probably would have been to ramp up the budget for the Saturday show on TBS.

I have to be honest in that I'm very curious to how WWE will adjust their flagship show to three hours. It really could go either way, as long as they work more on what the show strong and not expose too much of their weaknesses. Or they could do what we all think they will, and we'll have a 3-segment Brodus Clay musical number to crow about.

The show has usually overrun by 10-15 mins. You also have to account for maybe two more ad breaks. That gives them roughly 25-30 mins of air time to worry about. If you give a few more minutes per match they book as they do now, it fills out the time quickly. It's not really that much of a stretch when you think about it.

The show has usually overrun by 10-15 mins. You also have to account for maybe two more ad breaks. That gives them roughly 25-30 mins of air time to worry about. If you give a few more minutes per match they book as they do now, it fills out the time quickly. It's not really that much of a stretch when you think about it.

That's assuming they eliminate the overrun.

Should have just given wwe the third hour for tough enough/nxt/specials or what have you. Three hour Raw will be rough, & I bet nobody who doesnt already get a lot of time gets any more; hell 3-hour nitro at least would have some fun bizarro matches (or am I mistaken, and was the extra time unending nwo promos?

There was the time Kevin Nash was booking and said he could put whatever they wanted in the first hour because nobody cared and wound up just running pre-recorded NWO vignettes.

By some miracle I actually managed to survive my first day of training.

Actually wasn't that bad, worst thing of all is my legs are sore as shit from the cardio work (I think, they didn't start hurting until like 30 mins after that part was over). Got to take a small handfull of flat back bumps just to see how I would do at it, I somehow managed to hurt the front of my shoulder doing this and I learned the very valuable lesson that landing on your side hurts like a fuckin bastard too. But yeah....survived atleast..... :)

The plans to make Raw more interactive worry me, they already have enough problems keeping long term storylines straight with Vince McMahon's indecisiveness. Sounds like it is going to become a Manic Monday, despite interactive PPVs like Taboo Tuesday and Cyber Sunday being a failure.

Got to take a small handfull of flat back bumps just to see how I would do at it, I somehow managed to hurt the front of my shoulder doing this and I learned the very valuable lesson that landing on your side hurts like a fuckin bastard too. But yeah....survived atleast..... :)

Yeah... that kinda shit happens. Just wait until you have to do rope-running drills. Trust me, you've never known pain like that.

So Damian Sandow finally had some in ring action on Smackdown, revealing his ring attire under that Mr. Backlund robe and towel combo to be hot pink tights with purple kneepads. I guess that means WWE continuing the trend of intellectual = gay. Somewhere Lanny Poffo is yelling at his dog about gimmick infringement.

So Damian Sandow finally had some in ring action on Smackdown, revealing his ring attire under that Mr. Backlund robe and towel combo to be hot pink tights with purple kneepads. I guess that means WWE continuing the trend of intellectual = gay. Somewhere Lanny Poffo is yelling at his dog about gimmick infringement.

Why would you assume that purple and pink means gay in this day and age?

Why would you assume that purple and pink means gay in this day and age?

It's normally the colors WWE dresses people in when they want to make that connection. If not gay, at least effeminate. I personally don't associate those colors that way, but they tend to do it a lot. Also them more he talks, the more his speaking pattern reminds me of Lanny doing the Genius gimmick. Not as over the top as Lanny tended to get, but it was in the ballpark.

The Hart Foundation wore pink. Goldust wore gold. Billy and Chuck wore red. The last "gay" guy who wore pink was Adrian Adonis, right? And that was 26 years ago.

I'll give you the fact that Sandow is borrowing a TON from Lanny Poffo, but I don't see any "gay" implications just because he wears pink tights.

Come on now, you guys know what I mean. WWE has a guy do an intellectual gimmick that borrows a lot from The Genius and then have him show up wearing pink tights and lavender kneepads. Given how WWE is normally as subtle as a shotgun blast to the face, I don't think I'm pulling out the Jump to Conclusions Mat here.