Pro Wrestling Only

Davey Richards: Scam Artist

FLIK

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where exactly is Kozina supposed to have shot on the kid? Everything looks like weird work except for the unprotected piledrivers and maybe the finish (looks like he MIGHT have put the triangle on legit but it's hard to tell from the camera angle). Or do they just mean Kozina took liberties by guzzling the kid in a shitty match?

I can shed some light...

The company I work for (3XW) helped a couple smaller local groups book Richards, Kozina, O'Reilly and one of their flunkies for a triple shot this weekend.

They worked for us Friday night. Everything went perfectly smooth. They were totally professional and already asking about coming back to work for us again.

Saturday night, I wasn't at the show. They set up camp outside the locker room, talking shit about everyone and everything involved with the show. Kozina went out for his match with Ryan, who is 16/17 years old, and told him he was changing the plan, and was going to teach him about respect. I haven't watched the video yet, but everyone I've talked to said he roughed the kid up, and legitimately choked him out in the finish.

Sunday afternoon, we show up at the venue and find the promoter, a friend of mine, pissed off. The show starts in 20 minutes and none of them have arrived. Davey has been texting him all day and is now demanding to change the card and put the four of them in an 8 man tag. Jeremy has already changed up the card for them multiple times through the day, but will not take them all out of separate matches, because of promises made to other workers, to the fans, and the price that had been negotiated for 4 separate matches. Show starts, Jeremy goes out and breaks the news to the crowd that they won't be on the show, and life goes on.

They finally do show up at the building before the main event goes on and demand to speak to Jeremy. He takes the issue out of the locker room and goes outside to meet them. They threaten to kick Jeremy's ass (and he's all of 140 pounds soaking wet) if he doesn't give them their money. He finally works out a deal that KOR and DR will work for a slightly reduced fee in the main event. He pays them upfront as a gesture of good faith (trying not to piss them off further, or get his ass kicked). They change into their gear and work out the plan for the match. As they're doing that, their stooge trainee is quietly running their bags back out to their truck. "Where's the wrist tape?" "Oh, I left it in the truck. Be right back." They run out the back door, into a waiting car with Kozina behind the wheel, the promoter out $350 mostly from his own pocket.

Meanwhile nearly every reference to it on Facebook from someone involved gets a bunch of responses from the four of them tagged #TeamBandit and other shit, basically bragging about getting away with it.

Calls have been made to ROH and Sinclair, but apparently Richards has been done with ROH for a few weeks now and is not being brought back.

Kyle O'Reilly blogged about it...

So we agreed to work a tag, Davey and myself against 2 of his guys, who I wont mention because after all the shit talking they’ve done in the last 24 hours they don’t deserve any more publicity. We take a pay cut, yet still enough to cover our gas and all of our food for the day, put our gear on, got paid and walked out the back door.

Was what we did wrong and unethical? Perhaps. Was what we did completely justified and reasonable? Perhaps. The fact of the matter was we felt disrespected and so “give and you shall receive”. The point being that sometimes you have to be the bad guy and stand up for what you believe in. I’ll be completely honest in saying the entire thing made me feel really uncomfortable and I felt a sense of guilt. Am I going to apologize? Absolutely not, because you have to live and die by the sword. Regardless of regrets, one must stand by their decisions and at the end of the day a guy disrespected two of my close friends that I look up to and that’s simply, morally wrong.

The majority of you reading this is probably in complete disagreement with me on the matter and thinks what went down in Milo, Iowa yesterday was a crime. Most of you reading this probably have a strong dislike for me, being my wrestling style, my selling, my promos and character ability (or lack there of) or just you know me and personally dislike me for whatever reason. I’m okay with that. Hopefully this whole incident won’t affect anybody’s desire to book me or Team Ambition. However, if it does that’s okay because I’m a man of honour and regardless of what you say or think I’m going to continue being the best possible professional wrestler I can be. I’m standing by the decision that was made whether I regret it or not.

I left him a little love note:

Your idea of being a man of honor is really skewed. A man of honor wouldn’t have taken money from people and not delivered what they were paid for. That’s called theft and not honoring an agreement.

Here’s some free advice. Grow up. Look at yourself in the mirror for a second here. You are a man that doesn’t honor his agreements. You didn’t earn that money, you stole it/defrauded someone.

I don’t hate you. I’m indifferent. I’m merely posting to point out. You have damaged yourself both personally and professionally with your actions in this situation. You may not realize it anytime soon or ever. But that’s the real “reality” of the situation here.

I think that blog post is a perfect example of someone that has lost their perspective in life. I mean, let's really think about him. He's not a big name by any means on the indy circuit. He seems more a coat tail rider than he does a name. He's not making anyone, any money so he could easily be blackballed. And on a financial level, he probably isn't even as successful as people on this board that have an everyday bland career. He's walking around like he's a star when he's really kind of a sort of known nobody.

I would argue the "known" part at that.

ROH would be better off never using any of these guys again, in my opinion. A lot of my distaste for ROH lately has been because of Davey Richards and this is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae. If that leaves collateral damage of people like O'Reilly too, then so be it.

So...while we're on the subject of Davey Richards self-destructing, who the hell no-shows a New Japan tour? It's not exactly "the golden ticket" anymore, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Also, if Richards' Facebook profile is any indication, he doesn't make a living as a wrestler like O'Reilly says he does, he works as a personal trainer at a gym.

So...while we're on the subject of Davey Richards self-destructing, who the hell no-shows a New Japan tour? It's not exactly "the golden ticket" anymore, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Also, if Richards' Facebook profile is any indication, he doesn't make a living as a wrestler like O'Reilly says he does, he works as a personal trainer at a gym.

It seems like that would get you shit canned from all of the Japanese promotions. I guess he's out the door and is showing his true colors or whatever.

Being a personal trainer, you can make some decent money at that or you can stand around all day making minimum wage.

I guess he's out the door and is showing his true colors or whatever.

Yeah, it doesn't say a lot about his character but I guess that shouldn't be surprising to me from the wrestling industry. Davey has always struck me as a guy that thought he was a lot bigger deal than he is.