Pro Wrestling Only

Davey Richards: Scam Artist

FLIK

Of course it's "about money". Nearly everything comes down to money. What he's saying is ultimately he doesn't care about the money because he can afford it and life goes on. He's saying the reason he's getting word out now is he wants everyone to know these dudes are scam artists.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the state.

Jimmy Jacobs & The Briscoes are notable guys who started under the age of 18 off the top of my head.

In any state without an athletic commission that presides over wrestling shows, age doesn't matter. The commissions are the only things keeping minors from wrestling. Back in Tennessee, you could theoretically put a toddler in the ring and technically it was perfectly legal.

Is it wrong, that with everything that went down, the main thing I got from this as a reason to hate these guys, is that they call themselves "Team Ambition."

Someone really needs to sit these guys down and explain to them that they are in professional wrestling, and not mixed martial arts. They don't need team names, or fucking mouth pieces.

Is it wrong, that with everything that went down, the main thing I got from this as a reason to hate these guys, is that they call themselves "Team Ambition."

Someone really needs to sit these guys down and explain to them that they are in professional wrestling, and not mixed martial arts. They don't need team names, or fucking mouth pieces.

I am not sure they'll even be in professional wrestling for much longer, at this rate. They might as well hook up with a BJJ studio where they live and start working their way into grappling and MMA tourneys.

Wow, after reading the preceding three pages, any respect I had for Davey Richards is out the window. It's a good thing 2CW quick working with him when they did last year. They'd constantly book the American Wolves in tag matches, only for Davey to back out after the matches were announced. After six months, the promoted pulled the plug and quit booking Davey.

Hollinger, if 3XW gets a chance, they should definitely bring in Eddie, he's always a class act.

Isn't Kozina pretty old? I mean he's been around forever. Really, the part with him is hilarious. 15 years in the business and he's never even had a run in a big indy. I think he's just some bitter fuck and needed an ego boost by fucking with some ki

Yeah. I think one of his career highlights is probably doing the NWA Transatlantic Wrestling Challenge on ITV over here in 2000.

Hey we all potato rookies from time to time. Hell I think my match for JAP against the Christopher Street Connection was one long potato fest.

Ducking out with pay is just wrong.

Briscoes were like 15 when I first met them. Skinny young boys they were.

Loss or Will:

Might want to split all this good stuff into a "Davey Richards Is A Douchebag" thread, since he's gone from ROH. Given he probably won't hold his paramedic job for long and will be back working the indy circuit, we'll probably need a thread to chart his decent.

John

Given he probably won't hold his paramedic job for long and will be back working the indy circuit, we'll probably need a thread to chart his decent.

Oh man, I don't wish ill-will on anyone but if that comes to fruition, I will definitely laugh.

I did a little digging on Tony Kozina because I was generally curious.

He is 41 years old.

He debuted in 1997 and has been around for 15 years.

The biggest moment of his career was jobbing to Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak on an episode of WWE Heat in 2003. And it looks like he got very sparse work with Ring of Honor over the years.

There you go, 15 years in a nutshell for Tony Kozina.

Kozina was really pretty good back in the day, but the early 2000 indy explosion kind of left him behind. We spent a good 15 minutes talking about guys from the NW scene on Friday night and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy who loved what he did and enjoyed talking about it with people who cared. It's difficult to reconcile that with what happened over the rest of the weekend. Shit, every one of them were fantastic to have in the locker room on Friday, even Davey, other than spending a lot of time bragging about his... conquests.