Pro Wrestling Only

2013 Royal Rumble Thread

Mr Wrestling X

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royal Rumble MATCH

- I thought this was a super fun Rumble. With maybe an exception or two (Titus), I think they used everyone the right way. The Kofi chair trick was not as cool as the handstand but the Kane-Bryan elimination was gold. The final six looked great in an anyone can win this vibe. I am apathetic when it comes to Cena winning but nothing can stop destiny.

The Census win actually didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I was rooting for Bryan as the dark horse bit once he got nixed I was just going for anyone but sheamus. I thought orton looked less boring than he has lately and jericho rocked it pretty good. Dolph is the fucking man right now, everything he touches is gold. Talk about earning it

Man alive, not only is Rock looking huge, Punk looks like he's lost some weight the past month being out with his knee injury. Massive size-difference between them, almost jarring on the eyes.

I still think having Ziggler win the Rumble would have given them more options than they have with Cena winning. They could easily set up a Cena vs Rock title match regardless of Cena winning the Rumble or not, so it would have been refreshing to see them go with the first-ever Rumble winner who also currently holds a MITB briefcase.

Would have really freshened up the briefcase gimmick as well, and the intrigue as to what Ziggler's strategy would be at Mania would provide even greater interest. Plus, babyface Del Rio is really taking off and he vs. Ziggler could be a great rivalry and a fresh combination in a world of endless TV programming and repeat matchups.

I was also shocked that The Shield didn't hit the ring when Cena and Ryback were the final two, if nothing more than to extend out the finishing stretch of the match in a unique way. Cena and Ryback work together to get some revenge on the group and then one goes after the other. Of course, I'm posting this as Punk and Rock battle, so maybe they'll still get involved? I would really be shocked if we don't see them once this PPV.

I love the Elimination Chamber as a PPV, but really wish they would move it to the Spring or Summer instead of being between Mania and the Rumble. Takes away the glory and importance of winning the Rumble.

Main event was pretty good, similar to the rest of the PPV in that it was good but nothing to get excited about. At least the title change felt special, which is rare these days. Proper big match feel as well.

Presumably Punk gets his rematch at Elimination Chamber.

On the whole a 6/10 type PPV, worth a watch but I'm still glad I didn't pay for it. Nothing made me desperate to tune into Raw tomorrow night.

It was kind of embarrassing that Punk's picture perfect flying elbow gets a two count, and then thirty seconds later Rock puts him down with a weak standing elbow that is a standard low level bit of offence in most matches. No point complaining about stuff like that, though, you know what you're getting. You either watch it and accept it or you don't.