Pro Wrestling Only

Having trouble getting through the AWA set?

goodhelmet

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife just found out she's pregnant. I'm in on this if any fathers on the call can share some tips about feeding the wrestling addiction while dealing with a pregnant wife and (in 9 months) a newborn baby.

First off congratulations.

Second off Will's advice is good advice.

Third off when you are up at 4AM feeding the newborn, have whatever 80's Set is up on the ready.

First show will be 9 eastern / 8 central on Tuesday. Listen in and follow along in if you bought the set and think you are radio ready. to discuss the matches. I'll post a link to the show from talkshoe as soon as I am sure this is going down.

This may be a dumb question but a.m. or p.m.?

This thing will be archived, right?

Yes. I think talkshoe archives the shows automatically. Even for those who don't want to actually talk can synch up their discs along with us and just follow along. If they have to watch the matches the next day or this weekend, it might be easier to get motivated by synching up and following the conversation as they watch.

More details for tomorrow night...

1. I will moderate the discussion. I don't want people to stay silent but if we get a big group, I don't want people just shouting over each other. Best case scenario... I get everyone's names before the show begins and I can play zookeeper. I want this to be fun for those of us talking but also for the listener. Try not to dominate the conversation with 5 minute soliloquies on how Ken Patera's full nelson is weaker than Billy Jack Haynes. Lets allow everyone to get their point in but if someone already made your point, no need to repeat what has already been said.

2. I am going to devote 2 hours per podcast to this to begin with. If this becomes too rough for people then i may scale it back later down the road but I have had 2 hour conversations with Phil, Loss, Dylan, Johnny Sorrow, Childs, etc. without even trying before. When you have matches to occupy your time, it should be easy to kill 2 hours.

3. If too many people are participating (not a bad thing) but feel your voice is getting drowned out, I may add a 2nd show each week (maybe on a Wednesday) so people can participate and have a choice which night works best for them.

4. I hope everyone has muscled their way through the 1st disc already. I have and already have an idea where those matches will rank. I am proposing we start with Disc 2 mainly because I want to jump on the Ken Patera bandwagon. So tomorrow night's line up...

Adrian Adonis vs. Hulk Hogan (10/17/82)

Ken Patera & Jesse Ventura vs. Hulk Hogan & Mad Dog Vachon (1/16/83)

Ken Patera, Jesse Ventura & Bobby Heenan vs. Hulk Hogan & High Flyers (3/13/83)

Crusher Blackwell & Sheik Adnan Kaissey vs. Baron Von Raschke & Mad Dog Vachon (Taped Fist Match) (3/13/83)

Nick Bockwinkel vs. Rick Martel (3/13/83)

Nick Bockwinkel vs. Hulk Hogan (4/24/83)

Crusher Blackwell & Sheik Adnan Kaissey vs. Verne Gagne & Mad Dog Vachon (4/24/83)

5. Finally... get there early. If the show has already started and we have already synched up, unless you have already watched the matches (like Dylan or Dave) it might be best just to follow along or jump in on the next podcast. I will post the link and call in number tomorrow afternoon so check this thread.