Pro Wrestling Only

PWO Radio

Loss

As soon as he gets through the AWA set, goodhelmet and I will be rolling this out on a fairly regularly basis. We've been brainstorming for some ideas for shows and think we have come up with some good ones, but feel free to contribute any other ideas you have for things we can talk about here.

Things we'll likely do, for starters:

* Yearbook shows

* Today In Wrestling History

* Audio discussion of some of the more heated debates on the board

Been waiting for this for ages. Some ideas:

* In-depth wrestler comparisons a la the Funk/Flair/Lawler show

* 10-minute pre-recorded rants on particular topics by various PWO posters (for some reason have Matt D in mind, but any number of people doing that would be fun).

* Top 10 lists

* Shows on certain themes (e.g. Wild men, Fat Men, Gay gimmicks)

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I have little interest in Today In Wrestling History unless it's something really important or noteworthy that would prompt a good discussion. Running down a dry list like is posted on Observer every day (that I skip) is of no interest to me.

The Yearbook ones would either have to be multiple shows or focus on one promotion at a time or a few month span at a time. Discussing or even touching on 120 hours of footage in a 2-3 hour show, there's just no way.

Well, we don't do anything dry, so Today In Wrestling History would be days of heightened interest where a lot has happened, like January 4, which has the Fingerpoke of Doom/Foley title win, TNA trying to bring back the Monday Night Wars and all the New Japan Tokyo Dome shows. It definitely wouldn't be a monotone reading of title changes.

And yes, each yearbook would be a series of podcasts, not just one.

We will probably also do the occasional call-in show and I was suggesting to Will last night an idea I really like, which is to have a podcast on societal things we learned through wrestling as a kid. For example, a college friend of mine got into a debate with his English teacher in junior high over use of the phrase "bleeding profusely" in an essay, because the teacher questioned how that was even possible, or what it meant. I have quite a few other examples of my own that I will bring up too.

• 2 months later...

Any chance you'd have others on for shows here and there?

I was on a show that is REALLY GOOD now when it first started, but due to work and life issues, had to stop and watch it grow into something really good and be pretty pissed off I couldnt do it. The chance to do a show once in a while on topics with others involved would be cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...