Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Watching this now, it's a pretty good (and long, too) interview. The other guy (don't know his name) is asking deeper questions than RF and sounds genuinely interested than the generic questioning RF usually does. Bruce signed up recently on Twitter, and it sounds like he's writing a book. I bet that'll be even more deeper than what's being mined here.

Ah ah !!

Riggs already did a long ass interview with Highspots a few years ago, and it dragged because of Highspots long drawn out style of interviewing. This one looks chockfull of sleaze stuff I don't want to get mental pictures of. Riggs is an interesting character though. SMW, WCW, ECW… Lot to talk about.

I'm in the middle of the Insane Clown Posse youshoot. There's a few surprising things, like finding out that they were both fully trained before they were anything in the music business, but this is more comedy than anything else.

I also checked out the Carlos Colon shoot, which is only about an hour long, and nothing special, But, RF tacked on a bunch of clips of various wrestlers talking about their memories and thoughts on the Brody murder.

I'm in the middle of the Insane Clown Posse youshoot. There's a few surprising things, like finding out that they were both fully trained before they were anything in the music business, but this is more comedy than anything else.

Funniest story in the ICP shoot is Hugh Morrus throwing a fit because he's supposed to be the fat guy doing a moonsault. What a big pussy this guy is. No wonder he acts like a bully.

Watching this now, it's a pretty good (and long, too) interview. The other guy (don't know his name) is asking deeper questions than RF and sounds genuinely interested than the generic questioning RF usually does. Bruce signed up recently on Twitter, and it sounds like he's writing a book. I bet that'll be even more deeper than what's being mined here.

Yea, the other guy helped at times, and Pritchard, although clearly still a Vince guy, is really interesting to hear. Very few people got as close to Vince for as long as he did.

• 2 weeks later...

Creative editing aside and all, that does look like a good one. Has Piper not done many shoots before?

He did a shoot with RF about 5 or 6 years ago. I know he did one with Flair as well but I have heard it was mostly crap

Probably shouldn't make a judgement until we see or hear the full thing but I got a really bad feeling about what Piper is talking about concerning Patterson.

more like maybe (and I'm guessing here) he hit on Roddy back and the day and he was turned down and never forgot it.

To be honest, that's what I thought when watching the trailer.

It definitely felt like more than that. Hard to tell what, and I don't want to speculate.

Creative editing aside and all, that does look like a good one. Has Piper not done many shoots before?

He has done loads. He also wrote a big book when he had more senses about him.

That trailer didn't entice me at all. When something needs to rely on a hook like that, unless it delivers, it's going to fall flat. Wanting to buy a DVD for a single story which will no doubt be written about on the Internet in five minutes isn't going to work for me. Chances are as others have said, it will be that Pat hit on him years ago. Big whoop.

Sean usually is very good about keeping guys reined in like that. The only exception is Cornette, since his tangents are usually more entertaining than what they're talking about. I remember during the Jannetty shoot, when Jannetty was about to get sidetracked and asked if he could tell a story Sean said something like "I'll get on the train, but you have to get to the station."

The Piper Timeline is quite good infact. Piper is Piper, so you know what you're going to get, but he also tells a lot of stories. The Patterson deal is pretty much nothing, and putting it in the trailer was kinda dishonest because it looks like there's much more to it than there seems to be.

He did call Micheal Hayes a snake though. Wouldn't even say his name.

Overall a really good Timeline edition after a bunch of pretty bad ones (Windham, Vader, Beefcake).

The next one is ECW 2000-01 with Justin. I'd much rather had Corino, as he's a hilarious storyteller, but Credible could be quite ok I guess.