Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean The New Age Outlaws basically buried HHH, Jim Ross, & WWE in their first RF Shoot, and look at them now.

Well, they did another Shoot Interview in the meantime in which they were extremely apologetic for the stuff they said before and basically kissed HHH's ass. So yeah, there's always a way to get back.;)

On the flip side, has anyone ever been fired or blacklisted over something they said in a shoot interview?

No. Shoot interviews are such under the radar, grime affairs nobody takes them seriously in regards to employment potential. Hawk wished actual death on Vince IIRC, he was later booked and put in the HOF. If somebody went on CNN to give a negative interview, that would be a different story. I don't see Marc Mero being on Raw anytime soon...

Back in September I kind of had a mild dust up about the idea of Mia Yim having a shoot and Highspots Diva Diaries series. But I have to say Daffney's Diva Diaries shoot interview end to end is the best shoot interview I've watched all year. Even though she signed settlement papers her discussion of her TNA run and the TNA lawsuit is really interesting. TNA's view of women and Eric Bischoff in particular comes across as particularly vile. Her reveal that she has suffered from bipolar disorder since 2003 is pretty brave and admirable. The highlights seem like a really downer but her personality and perspective mitigate against those things.

Synopsis of the Kevin Steen Show with Nigel McGuinness:

Nigel: "My life is the worst."

Steen: "No it isn't."

Nigel: "Yes it is."

Steen: "No it isn't."

That's basically the first hour.

You are not wrong there. They have chemistry as friends so it isn't adversal it is just they operate on the two ends of the optimist-pessimist scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the Hero shoot and really enjoyed it. Hero comes off as a very likable, intelligent and passionate guy. It is a real shame that the WWE let him go, because he seems to a perfect fit for someone the company can send out and do press and unlike The Miz, I don't think he would give that totally over the top "I'm in WWE PR Mode" impression. Instead he would be able to come off as a cool guy who has a true passion and love for what he is doing and that could rub off on people.

I really liked when Hero described Joey Mercury as being the future of producers for the WWE and that he has a vision in mind. It is just another reminder that while the booking is less than desirable at the moment, WWE has a lot of the right pieces in place for the future.

Amazing. Also a reminder about how, in North America, we're going to still have a monopoly in wrestling for the very foreseeable future, and beyond.

The trailer is extremely well done, but Cornette actually comes off much better (as in = not ready to explode) when you watch the whole thing. The TNA & Russo stuff has been heard before on podcast, but the whole ROH story (which constitute the meat of the show) is amazing. Corny is just a great storyteller as usual. Honestly, he seems in a better place now that he's ever been in the last 20 years. For those who fear political and religious rants, there's about 5 minutes of them at the end, and Oliver's reaction to Corny's anti-religious stuff is just hilarious. Really, Corny looks like he as moved on, and the blasts of fury showed in the trailer aren't as bad or out of control as they seem in context. The 1989 Timeline should be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Vader's 1993 Timeline was on the boring side. Vader tells a few interesting stuff, but he also talks a whole lot about how great he was, how great his contract was, how great he and Austin as a team would have been, how great the Foley feud was etc… You really don't get the feel of WCW in 93 from an interview like that.