Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kayfabe Commentaries is next doing Breaking Kayfabe with Cornette. Release in January.

This seems bizarre compared to previous subjects of Breaking Kayfabe. Sunny. Sean Waltman. Marty Jannetty.

What's Jim going to be "forthcoming" and "honest" about? Is his love of fast food worse than we imagined? A cardiac arrest moment we didn't know about after dealing with Russo? Did he sleep with Baby Doll one night to undesirable results?

This could be entertaining, but given what we know Jim for, it just feels out of place compared to the other subjects.

If he admits his hate of Vince Russo is a work, I hereby nominate Jim Cornette as the greatest actor in human history.

"The reason I talk so much old school wrestling is any time I attempted sports entertainment, it made McMahon look like a genius. Not with his good stuff, mind you, I mean stuff like TL Hopper and Phantasio. That stuff was high art compared to mine!"

Bruno's Timeline was awesome.

I'm enjoying it a lot, the Bill Watts story from MSG that led to his leaving the territory is great stuff! The only problem I have with it, is that it's really geared for a much older crowd. Bruno drops quite a few names that I occasionally recognize, but on the whole, don't mean anything to me.

Was watching the new RF Hero shoot, pretty long but good! Will even got a shout out. Hero seems very likeable. I need to check out some of his stuff since returning to the indies.

Bit of a bummer thought especially towards the end. Detailed that the die was cast on his release and he was trying to change this ethereal, unchangeable opinion of him. I hope he ends up a Damien Sandow story.

The shoot may spur a revision/rewatch of Norman Smiley's work as Hero puts him over huge as a worker.

Bit of a bummer thought especially towards the end. Detailed that the die was cast on his release and he was trying to change this ethereal, unchangeable opinion of him. I hope he ends up a Damien Sandow story.

Doing a shoot interview immediately after being released will not help him get resigned.

Doing a shoot interview immediately after being released will not help him get resigned.

I think you have a dated conception of shoot interviews:

They are very, very rarely bridge burning exercises these days.

Everyone does them.

The voodoo factor of them is gone. They are just video versions of podcast interviews.

Plenty others have been rehired after doing them.

In Hero's case he said nothing that would make you think he would get into trouble for saying it and openly states he wants to be hired back. Any criticisms of him offered by people of him in developmental he either took it on the chin or agreed with them. Chris technically dodged answering directly about Bill DeMott's training practices as the interviewer just asked Hero about Kevin Matthew's hate campaign where allegations with merit were undercut by how Matthews made them and lumped them together with other more dubious claims about DeMott. The only person he anything negative to say about was someone outside of developmental - Eddie Kingston a former friend who was criticised for just being a fuck up which by all accounts he is. He missed a CHIKARA booking as their Champion this year as he punched a mirror drunk apparently.

I think you have a dated conception of shoot interviews:

They are very, very rarely bridge burning exercises these days.

Everyone does them.

The voodoo factor of them is gone. They are just video versions of podcast interviews.

Plenty others have been rehired after doing them.

In Hero's case he said nothing that would make you think he would get into trouble for saying it and openly states he wants to be hired back. Any criticisms of him offered by people of him in developmental he either took it on the chin or agreed with them. Chris technically dodged answering directly about Bill DeMott's training practices as the interviewer just asked Hero about Kevin Matthew's hate campaign where allegations with merit were undercut by how Matthews made them and lumped them together with other more dubious claims about DeMott. The only person he anything negative to say about was someone outside of developmental - Eddie Kingston a former friend who was criticised for just being a fuck up which by all accounts he is. He missed a CHIKARA booking as their Champion this year as he punched a mirror drunk apparently.

It's not that I expect Hero to say anything that will get him in trouble with WWE, more that I think at least part of Hero's problem is that he comes off as "too indy" for WWE, and doing a shoot interview approximately .3 seconds after getting fired with RF Video will not help that perception at all. I would think anybody at this point who does a shoot interview who hopes to one day work with WWE would be smart enough not to say anything to bury themselves with the company.

That appears to be the public story behind Davey Richards' RoH departure.

I listened to the entire Hero interview and throughout the entire thing his references to NXT are used as "we" or "us". It was very strange for somebody who is decidedly not affiliated with WWE to drop lines like that, but I guess he maybe hasn't had time for it to sink in. I admire how positive he is throughout it all, but it was sort of concerning to hear full-time independent wrestling mentioned as a long-term fallback plan. He out-and-out states that he could, if he wanted, make a six-figure income at it, but I just can't wrap my head around that.

For someone that has seen so many contemporaries enjoy so much greater success though, his attitude is remarkable and seems 100% genuine. I've never been much of a fan really, but based on personality alone I hope he gets a second chance there, perhaps as a trainer or something.