Pro Wrestling Only

Talk about just about anything ever

Loss

Since the yearbook threads tend to be very well-received, I thought why limit it to just that. We will have some features available to us with the upgrade that have the potential to make PWO a true Opinion On Anything Ever Database (OOAED??) that is easily searchable. So, I will be slowly expanding this portion of the forum to include a thread about pretty much every relevant and match, angle and interview in the history of pro wrestling where footage exists.

We will keep with the current organization of a year folder and month subfolders, and just keep expanding on it to cover wrestling all the way to the modern day. This should be an invaluable resource and encourage all kinds of good discussion.

When I create this section of the board, I will also split off existing topics into new threads where relevant. If you talked about more than one match in a single post, I'll just leave the post alone and you can have the option of moving it to the new thread or not.

This will be viewable to everyone including guests, but only approved members will be able to post there. The purpose of that is not at all to keep anyone from posting in those threads, but rather because I'm going to put together some posting guidelines about referring to non-copyrighted footage that I want everyone to acknowledge and agree to before posting there.

Again, it's a work in progress and something that will happen very slowly because of the upfront effort required to create all the threads. But keep your eyes peeled.

Just throwing this out there as a suggestion -- maybe keep the yearbook threads organized as is, but create similar folders or sub folders that are also organized thematically? i.e. one for discussing the four horsement, or certain favorite wrestlers like Kawada or Lawler, or 1979-1983. That might be easier for reference purposes.

Just throwing this out there as a suggestion -- maybe keep the yearbook threads organized as is, but create similar folders or sub folders that are also organized thematically? i.e. one for discussing the four horsement, or certain favorite wrestlers like Kawada or Lawler, or 1979-1983. That might be easier for reference purposes.

There is a reason we opted not to go this direction. I sent jastrau a PM to explain, but if anyone else wants to know why, feel free to PM me as well.

I've added threads for all of the following:

- 2005 MOTYCs

- 2006 MOTYCs

- 2007 MOTYCs

That is not the extent of what will be there for those years. It's simply where I started.

Much more to come. If you'd like to start a thread about a specific match, angle or promo, but don't have a place to put it yet, please PM me your request and I'll prioritize it.

I like, though...

I really liked the YB Section while the YB's were still going on since it was easier to follow the YB's (and even new people coming along working their way through the matches).

It does open things up to additional matches, which is a positive. But it does make it less clear that it's a YB match/discussion, and those have been so interesting to read as they work their was through a year... especially that part of people coming a year of two after the initial one, and posing new questions or stuff. Overall positive... "but". :)

John

I just wanted to post to let everyone know that there are individual threads now for all Bob Backlund set matches in the new Match Discussion Archive section of this board (previously the yearbooks section). No content there yet, but feel free to get it started.

Neither here nor there, but we'll have to make some call about double posting. Do we keep using the microscope threads as central repositories? Do we use the new EVERYTHING threads? Do we double post things?

I'll probably contact the main posters in the existing thread (for example, you in the Buddy Rose thread) and ask if you have a problem with me splitting all the posts off into the new section or if you'd prefer to keep the existing thread intact. If you have no problem with me splitting them, I will. If you prefer to keep the thread intact, that's fine, but I will kindly ask that you also either re-post your thoughts in the new threads or create a link to the exact post in the previous one.

I've added threads for all of the following:

- 2005 MOTYCs

- 2006 MOTYCs

- 2007 MOTYCs

That is not the extent of what will be there for those years. It's simply where I started.

Much more to come. If you'd like to start a thread about a specific match, angle or promo, but don't have a place to put it yet, please PM me your request and I'll prioritize it.

Just to be clear, are we supposed to go through in order to create a thread in these new forums or can we create threads in the appropriate year? I do see that if I wanted to I could create a thread, but I don't want to step on any toes.

I dig this idea. Personally, I rather group by the wrestler/tag team like done in Microscope, but this maybe easier to search and will definitely be easier to compare against contemporaries.

I'd prefer for now not starting threads, ONLY because I am pretty picky about how the thread titles are written. First and last name of every wrestler, Versus abbreviated "vs" with no period, etc. Everyone has their hang-ups on little things that are meaningless, and that's ultimately one of mine. My professional background is in knowledge management and creating meta data to make content more easily searchable, so when I see labeling inconsistency, it bugs me. I even catch myself doing something inconsistently from time to time.

You can post in threads that have already been started though. And of course, more will continue to be added.

If this gets to a point where it's beyond overwhelming, I may loosen my stance a little. :)

I'm glad to hear that the feedback is generally positive and that people like where we're going! That said, so that it's more clear how to proceed, I decided that I'm going to do this "invisibly" until it's closer to complete. This will allow the 90s stuff that we've been working on for nearly four years (and are about to wrap up!) to be the focus for now, and will ensure that it's easier to access until we're ready to take the big leap.

Yes, they were there. In case you missed the previous post:

I'm glad to hear that the feedback is generally positive and that people like where we're going! That said, so that it's more clear how to proceed, I decided that I'm going to do this "invisibly" until it's closer to complete. This will allow the 90s stuff that we've been working on for nearly four years (and are about to wrap up!) to be the focus for now, and will ensure that it's easier to access until we're ready to take the big leap.

Yes, they were there. In case you missed the previous post:

Sounds cool. That makes sense.

Thanks

I want to add to the praise of when the additional years are added to the mix for us to comment on. The yearbooks are my top thing on the board as I enjoy watching a match/angle and commenting on it immediately. I think they are also incredibly valuable as they are so far from 90-97 so it would be awesome to have that expand to the 80s and to later years to help some of us who maybe don't follow that stuff as closely but can check out a match from them based of reputation. Really is something special being put together.