Pro Wrestling Only

The Ross Report

jpchicago23

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't bother with Jericho because he's from a slightly later era than what I'm mainly interested in (i.e. 70s, 80s, early 90s), and his guests tend to come from that era. My vague plan is to watch all the stuff I possibly can before getting back into stuff that happened after about 1994.

I don't know how much time you have, but I'd say you'd pretty much just not be getting to 1994. At least at the pace I watch. There's a lot more 80s footage than you might think, my DVD storage problem can attest to that.

Anyway, that distracted me and I just popped into this thread to say I don't know how people copy twitter into their posts here but JR pretty much had no support on his own twitter for his podcast.

@CaptDavieJones: @JRsBBQ Do we actually get to hear some of Sting's thoughts in Part 2?” Why the attitude?

Followed by like 8 different people telling JR he interrupts his guests too much.

Jim Cornette needs to learn to not interupt his guests as well. It makes for a hard listen knowing the guest will not be able to properly expound on their thoughts. It is becoming apparent that Cornette and JR are much better guests than hosts. I truly believe it comes down to being humble. Stone Cold appears humble enough to let his guests have the stoplight while the other two can't shut their fucking mouths for 30 seconds.

Jim Cornette needs to learn to not interupt his guests as well. It makes for a hard listen knowing the guest will not be able to properly expound on their thoughts. It is becoming apparent that Cornette and JR are much better guests than hosts. I truly believe it comes down to being humble. Stone Cold appears humble enough to let his guests have the stoplight while the other two can't shut their fucking mouths for 30 seconds.

Austin also likes the modern wrestling business and seems to genuinely enjoy the people he has on.

I think Austin is the perfect host because he understands the old school way and how people could say it was better but also realizes that a lot of the newer guys aren't allowed some of the freedoms he was. He's never too critical but instead offers advice. The problem i have with Ross is that he sounds way too bitter. Then he always tries to cover it up with his Aww shucks I don't know what I'm talking about I'm just an old man routine. It's obvious

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure he posted part one of the Sting interview as part two as well

I'm pretty sure he posted part one of the Sting interview as part two as well

God, that was the worst interview ever. Ross continually talking over Sting with Sting just answeing "yeah, yeah". But I admit his Bubba Ray one from the past week was much better as he let Bubba actually speak

Apparently his new thing is the "he learns to speak English" opinion. I am catching up and listening to his Sting interviews and he mentions about Mistico/Sin Cara needs to learn English. He is working for fucking AAA. Unless they are going to turn him into an Los Gringos Locos character there is no need for him to learn English. I can understand this take with KENTA given that he is now working with the WWE but come on in AAA At this rate I am expecting him to tell us that guys like Nakamura and Ishii need to learn English to get over in New Japan :blink:

Apparently his new thing is the "he learns to speak English" opinion. I am catching up and listening to his Sting interviews and he mentions about Mistico/Sin Cara needs to learn English. He is working for fucking AAA. Unless they are going to turn him into an Los Gringos Locos character there is no need for him to learn English. I can understand this take with KENTA given that he is now working with the WWE but come on in AAA At this rate I am expecting him to tell us that guys like Nakamura and Ishii need to learn English to get over in New Japan :blink:

This is kind of a silly post. You are assuming AAA and WWE are ran the same way in terms of level of agent, referee instruction, strictness of time cues and that all WWE wrestlers all known basic Spanish.

Mistico isn't a WWE wrestlers anymore as far as I know. Maybe Ross still thinks that he works for the WWE. I got the vibe that Ross thinks you need to "get over" with the fans by learning English which I would think is the least of things you need in AAA. If he was talking about the backstage area then I can sort of understand it but it is AAA so I don't know why road agents are speaking English to someone was from the country

Ross had a great interview with Tony Schiavone today. The pace was Austin-like and it sounded like two friends catching up. Tony explained why Bobby Heenan is probably mad at him and blamed himself. They talked in broad strokes and this probably would have been better in a 2 part format to get more details but overall a good listen.

Next week......STAN HANSEN!!!!

I was under the belief that Bobby and Tony hashed out their differences when they did a Legends of Wrestling video game together some time ago. Heenan does seem like a guy who holds grudges, though.

*insert Heenan's shoot interview comments about the Vailants*

Schiavone was amazingly casual on the interview too like some dude who showed up at JRs house for the first time in a long time and talked about old times

I was under the belief that Bobby and Tony hashed out their differences when they did a Legends of Wrestling video game together some time ago. Heenan does seem like a guy who holds grudges, though.

Not sure if you listened to the interview Ross just did with Tony but he mentions that when they did the game together, Heenan brought up the stuff and they did hash it out but Tony never bothered to contact Heenan after they worked together on the game and thinks that might have bothered Heenan.