Pro Wrestling Only

The Ross Report

jpchicago23

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watts talking old school....great.

Watts talking modern stuff , especially about Cena , stinks.

He probably has a solid point about selling, but I don't know if there's a solution to the problem he's speaking about. Although the inspiration of his complaints is the NBC Wrestlemania special. Essentially a few steps above finding WWE matches on YouTube and commenting on them without knowing of the build to the match.

How many matches, aired months afterward, will tell a story to someone unfamiliar with the product. That skews things a bit as well. So yeah, they could probably do a better job at some elements of match layout, but the solution to that problem is probably unknown.

It seemed less annoying than JR's usual complaints. Granted, if Watts had a podcast and kept hitting various topics over and over and killed them to death, that could change.

Bill Watts is probably a better presenter of ideas/philosophies than Jim Ross if we're comparing them here. Although i'd imagine a lot of the JR stuff is essentially 2nd generation Watts stuff though. So obviously 1st gen tops 2nd gen in the scheme of things.

--------

So, add Watts to the club of people who will insist they wanted to run head to head TV with the WWF before Bischoff pulled it off?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been listening to some recent Ross Reports and he has improved. But I had to turn this week's episode off halfway through and it wasn't because of Ross.

From here on out I will never listen to a podcast with "former WWE Creative Writer so and so" ever again. This Greenfield guy is such a suck-up to the marks tool. No wonder most wrestlers hate these assholes.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got into the Tony Schiavone interview last night and really liked it. I had kind of a sour opinion of him previously because of little things I'd heard in other shoots and of course the over-exposure he had for being the voice of WCW when they started to crumble. But he came across as very human and likable, qualities I thought were just part of his on-screen persona. Him describing leaving WWF and going back to Jim Herd's WCW is as exactly bad as I'd imagine as it was for him.

• 2 weeks later...

The show with X Pac was really, really good. He's totally clean and sober, completely honest and open, and really knowledgeable. And no matter how you feel about the Kliq and shit that happened a long time ago, hearing that story about when he tried to kill himself in Mexico, and Nash went down there to basically rescue him is a really heart warming example of friendship.

• 6 months later...

I'm not going to get upset with Jim Ross over that. I think it's obviously lost some context which would seem to be "Vince McMahon doesn't think Asian women are attractive/that regular American dudes think Asian women are attractive" I mean how ELSE do you try to appeal to him in that situation?

I guess he could have called Vince out for being racist but I don't think it would have gotten Gail Kim hired.