Pro Wrestling Only

Extreme Rules

Exposer

Kris was saying during the post show podcast we did that the forklift spot was a tribute to Bryan's dad who passed away last week. As apparently his Dad worked one and that's why Bryan could as well. Besides that, it ruled anyway. People have been whining and crying about Bryan not being more like Austin . Well, there ya go. He Stone Colded the fuck outta that match while making it his.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird show. I didn't really like anything on it, but none of it was bad except for the Cena/Wyatt match which was horrendous and will challenge for Worst Match of the Year.

I think my favorite match was the Torito/Hornswoggle bout.

Mick Foley once jokingly said that a lot of wrestlers would steal all his cool shit, leaving him with just the really painful stuff that nobody else would go near. Anybody catch Barrett using of all things, the Cactus Elbow tonight? He even did the bang bang! Thought that was a very random addition to his moveset.

Kris was saying during the post show podcast we did that the forklift spot was a tribute to Bryan's dad who passed away last week. As apparently his Dad worked one and that's why Bryan could as well. Besides that, it ruled anyway. People have been whining and crying about Bryan not being more like Austin . Well, there ya go. He Stone Colded the fuck outta that match while making it his.

I don't want him to be more like Austin, I want him to be Daniel Bryan, the guy who can outwrestle anyone on the roster. The forklift spot was straight Attitude Era junk, and like most of that sort of stuff from the Attitude Era it was stupid and added nothing to the match. Others enjoy it, I'm cool with that, but I don't need or want stuff like the forklift.

I think it's cute that in WWE you can't hit someone in the head with a chair but you can beat someone's brains in with a wrench or tire iron.

I want to jokingly ask Meltzer if they will fine Torito for doing a chairshot to the head on Hornswoggle.

But the forklift spot was cool and it got over in a match that was extreme rules. You're entitled to like what you like and not like what ya don't like, but it was fucking fun and made sense in this "extreme rules" world that was this card. Lighten up.

It has nothing to do with lightening up. We're watching wrestling, by its very nature its in the light realm the majority of the time. I don't think the forklift spot worked, nor did I think it was fun or cool. It was a bad moment and a call back to an era of the WWF that was plain awful most of the time.

Something that was cool and a lot of fun in that match was Ricardo begging them to use the American announce table for their spot. That's an organic moment, and a small one, that worked within the match and added to the fun of the match.

In what way outside of psychosis and the side effects of eating paint chips as a child is Cena vs Wyatt "worst" anything of the year? Especially since the year isn't even halfway done and the match was good.

If you think that match was good, then there is no point even breaking this down because we are worlds apart in our opinions.

I think it's cute that in WWE you can't hit someone in the head with a chair but you can beat someone's brains in with a wrench or tire iron.

That cracked me up as well, but fuck be honest...how big did you pop when Bryan whacked the fuck out of Kane with a fucking tire iron?

Sorry, I didn't pop because I just don't care about Kane and I wasn't emotionally invested in the match.

But the forklift spot was cool and it got over in a match that was extreme rules. You're entitled to like what you like and not like what ya don't like, but it was fucking fun and made sense in this "extreme rules" world that was this card. Lighten up.

It has nothing to do with lightening up. We're watching wrestling, by its very nature its in the light realm the majority of the time. I don't think the forklift spot worked, nor did I think it was fun or cool. It was a bad moment and a call back to an era of the WWF that was plain awful most of the time.

And that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I thought it was a fun cool spot that popped the crowd and was a blast on a show that's about "extreme rules". At least it didn't end with Bryan pinning Kane with the forklift while a camera shot

showed Kane looking up.

If you thought the forklift was too attitude, fair enough, but how did it not work? Was Bryan supposed to carry Kane on his back 200 yards to the ring?

It didn't work because them brawling to the back killed the crowd, killed the little bit of momentum the match had, and implementing the forklift in the first place didn't add anything to the match for me.

I'm so tired of this "Attitude Era" sucked nonsense. I had so much fun watching that stuff. Even the incredibly stupid stuff was good for a laugh. As someone who was a teenager during Rock n Wrestling in 85, and someone who thought the early 90s Warrior era stuff was fucking stupid, watching Vince do this crazy ass shit that either worked, like Val Venis or was the dopiest shit ever like Beaver Cleavage, it was captivating. I loved cringing at the really dumb shit. But Attitude dumb shit was just like older dumb shit like the Mountie. And there are tons of folks who think Mountie was great.

If you thought the forklift was too attitude, fair enough, but how did it not work? Was Bryan supposed to carry Kane on his back 200 yards to the ring?

It didn't work because them brawling to the back killed the crowd, killed the little bit of momentum the match had, and implementing the forklift in the first place didn't add anything to the match for me.

Again, according to my pal who was there, it didn't kill the crowd at all. Your problem is more with how it was mic'd.

Something that was cool and a lot of fun in that match was Ricardo begging them to use the American announce table for their spot. That's an organic moment, and a small one, that worked within the match and added to the fun of the match.

I'm so tired of this "Attitude Era" sucked nonsense. I had so much fun watching that stuff. Even the incredibly stupid stuff was good for a laugh. As someone who was a teenager during Rock n Wrestling in 85, and someone who thought the early 90s Warrior era stuff was fucking stupid, watching Vince do this crazy ass shit that either worked, like Val Venis or was the dopiest shit ever like Beaver Cleavage, it was captivating. I loved cringing at the really dumb shit. But Attitude dumb shit was just like older dumb shit like the Mountie. And there are tons of folks who think Mountie was great.

I'm with you. Granted, I was in middle school for the heart of the Attitude Era, so a lot of the juvenile stuff they did was appealing directly to me. And I'll also admit that a lot of it hasn't aged well, namely 1999 WWF, but it was really fun in the moment. I know an increasing amount of people like to talk about how overrated it was or how terrible it was, but they were doing 5's and 6's every week for well over a year, so it couldn't have been THAT BAD.

Lana's ASSSSSSS. And legs.

Yep. That's it really.

Am I the only one who thought the reference to Vlad Putin was of extremely poor taste with what has been happening in the last few months ? I mean really.

Evolution doing the job in the midcard after a fun match = good.

The two main events = drizzling shit. A 30 minutes Kane match, dragging Daniel Bryan way way down. And that clusterfuck that is Cena vs Bray Wyatt, with one of the most absurd finish I've ever seen in pro-wrestling (and that's saying something). Not only was the match boring, but that finish was just out of a terrible horror Z-movie. This feud is rotten.

(and this is neither here nor there, but yes, the Attitude Era post-Summerslam 98 was godawful. The fact that it drew big ratings doesn't mean shit to me, the product in 99 was the worst it's ever been.)

I like how this starts nice and all like "We can have different opinions and that is awesome" and then ends making me feel like something is supposed to be wrong with me.

But yeah, as of right now Cena vs. Wyatt is leading WMOTY for me. It reached absurd levels of absurdness.

Kane vs. Byan wasn't anything I really enjoyed. Felt EXTREMELY(no pun intended) corny.

that's a perfectly valid usage of the word abortion. He's not literally calling it a terminated human fetus. the Oxford dictionary also has this definition: "An object or undertaking regarded by the speaker as unpleasant or badly made or carried out."

i mean, this is a fucking niche pro wrestling forum...does it really matter?