Pro Wrestling Only

Extreme Rules

Exposer

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like all the people that should have won did win but yet I still hated this show. I liked the second half of the Shield/Evolution match. I thought the pre-show WeeLC match was a lot of fun. I pretty much disliked everything else.

I think I was more forgiving to the Cena match because the right guy won, whereas the Bryan/Kane match felt pointless to me and lasted for almost thirty minutes. Don't get me wrong though, Cena/Wyatt was a huge disappointment in almost every way. At least the under card was inoffensive. Kind of a garbage show. The Shield/Evolution match was the one bright spot.

This was a rather strange show. It's like it was directed by a low rate Wes Craven. All the right people won though so all is not lost. They can't possibly continue Kane/Bryan after tonight, can they? I wouldn't be surprised if Steph fires Kane tomorrow.

I have a feeling Sheamus will be Bryan's next big program which undoubtedly piss alot of people off. And I wouldn't disagree

Watching zombie Kane sit up after the match and entire post match staredown was a given the feud hadn't ended which is a shame since there's no chance Kane's going to take the title from DBryan and is only going to continue on with the pointlessness.

Or it could even end on some network special Main Event that they want to push.

Or hell, they could run a Clash of the Champions to hype that they're adding them to the network.

All that said, they can't go inferno match after this. Bryan already set him on fire. If Batista is staying, then they could run Bryan/Shield vs Kane/Evolution and that'd be a fine way to go at things.

I think I'm the only one on the entire internet who enjoyed both Cena/Bray matches. Are they the great "wrestling" matches these two are probably capable of having with each other? No, and I can understand disappointment if that's what you were expecting, but really, last month's WM match should have made it clear that that's not what they're doing. I thought both matches were very creative, out of the box, character-driven, and told great stories about who both men are and what they stand for. So, yeah, I liked them...sue me.

I wasn't down on the Bryan/Kane feud either like most people, but the match itself had too many cheesy Attitude Era spots. (Forklift..WTF?) If they had eliminated that silliness and just focused on an angry Bryan beating the shit out of Kane, it would have been a lot more effective. Not a fan of the feud continuing either. There's no drama, because Kane isn't going to win, and it would be horrible if he does.

I also liked Paige vs. Tamina. It was more intense than most "divas" matches. Tamina has a good look. I'm surprised she hasn't been pushed more, honestly. But yeah, this was definitely Paige's match. She's awesome.

Evolution/Shield was a very fun garbage brawl, but I really hope no one goes crazy and exaggerates it as a "Match of the Year" affair. It wasn't. But it was enjoyable for what it was.

I enjoyed the show overall. The Network has been worth the money and then some.

On a completely random note, RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA (wow, what a name!) from Wrestling Classics wondered if the Wyatt Kid, "Little Johnny," was the same child from the Cam Newton NFL commercial. I'm going to guess it probably was, because I read an article about Jameson (remember him?) a little while ago, and he mentioned that his son had done that commercial.

Jameson article: http://www.wrestlecrap.com/rants/jameson-answers-the-count-of-10/

Cam Newton commercial:

Looks like "Little Johnny," and the Jameson connection almost confirms it IMO.

BTW, I missed the post-PPV press conference. I assumed it would be a complete waste of time. Apparently not. Hope there's a way to catch a replay of THAT on the Network. I can't remember if WWE archives the pre- and post-PPV stuff. I think so, and hope so.

Overall thoughts

--Wasn't a big fan of RVD/Swagger/Cesaro. Some neat spots, but RVD really didn't belong in that feud, and I felt the match completely deflated once Swagger was eliminated.

--Rusev is still terrible, only good thing about him is Lana. This match did nothing to change that. Maybe some people find him menacing, but I think he's sloppy and everything he does lacks impact, especially the way he does the Camel Clutch so that it looks like he's just sitting there.

--Barrett/E was pretty decent, weak finish aside. Some nice bumps, both men were trying real hard, and now maybe they can retool or refresh E in some way.

--Shield/Evolution was pretty good, glad the Shield looked like main event guys out there. I didn't like how Batista and Reigns were down in the ring for about five minutes while everyone else brawled outside, I didn't buy them being down for that long. Otherwise, match did what it should have, and I had fin with it.

--I actually enjoyed Wyatt/Cena up until all the interference started. The ending was cheesy, and I should be happy that Wyatt won, but I don't think this win actually helped him all that much.

--Paige was off on her timing, but she did try, it's just that Tamina isn't very good.

--Bryan/Kane was, again, okay until it went and imbued the dead spirit of the Attitude Era. That's about when I checked out of the match. Not looking forward to this feud continuing either, as Kane should really be a one shot feud.

Just watched the Shield/Evolution and I thought it was on par with the second best Shield/Wyatt match which I thought was the RAW match. Rollins second suicide dive, the one he missed was a crazy bump to take and the huge dive from the balcony was amazing. The finish was on point with Reigns going over Batista clean.

I also watched El Torito/Hornswoggle and I also thought that was particularly awesome. I honestly have no idea how I'd rank it, but it was just a ton of fun to watch.

Shield/ Evolution was chapter two in "here's the guys you love beating up HHH and the weird hate you have for him Internet" saga. At Mania it was Bryan pinning HHH and beating all of them. Tonight it was the Shield's turn to get that rub. They reunite Evolution complete with shirts and in their first match they get beat. It was awesome.

I liked a lot on this show. I didn't think the forklift was stupid either, the match was no holds barred but Bryan had to pin Kane in the ring. Kane was knocked out, Bryan would have had to take forever to carry him back to pin him and risk Kane regaining consciousness. The forklift allowed him to speed up the process.

I caught the last half of the show so it looks like I'll have to seek out the "WeeLC" match.

I like the Bad News Barrett character for some reason and I'm interested to see where they go with it.

I just have zero interest in the Wyatt characters and the Cena feud does nothing for me. I was intrigued by Cena's opening promo on Monday's "Raw" but it seems more like this feud will go the traditional route with "Super Cena" eventually beating all three members.

I loved the Shield vs. Evolution match and I imagine it was a lot of fun to watch live. It's sort of funny that Batista has been pretty much a high-paid jobber during his brief return. The guy who won the Royal Rumble getting beaten clean in two straight PPV main events and we're supposed to take Evolution seriously? There's one guy the crowd wants to see eat a pinfall from the Shield and I wonder if they'll get to see it.

The main event was too long and seemed like WWE trying to recreate an "Attitude era" match to get Daniel Bryan over as more than just a wrestler. I have no desire to see this feud continue beyond a "Raw' rematch and even that I don't want to see.

What I saw seemed like a fun card and worth the ten bucks I paid for the Network but I would have been disappointed had I paid more for it.