Pro Wrestling Only

Pro-Wrestling Super Show, May 14, 2014: Wrestling fandom and listener questions

http://placetobenation.com/pro-wrestling-super-show-6-may-14-2014/

On this week’s great episode of the Place to be Nation’s Pro-Wrestling Super Show, Steven Graham is joined by Will from Pro Wrestling Only and Johnny Sorrow from The Titans of Wrestling. We discuss wrestling fandom (how we become and why we become fans), answer listener questions and give out our recommendations.

The Clash of the Champions topic was pushed from the show, due to having so much to discuss about wrestling fandom. They will be back on a future episode to discuss the Clashes though.

Remember to subscribe on iTunes or Soundcloud to get the show weekly with minimal effort.

If you want your question to be answered, as the listener question of the week, either tweet Steven Graham @StevenGrahamTWS or ask it on the Place to be Nation facebook page or in this very thread.

Epic opener with the Japanese game show intro. Superflies off playground slides. "Dusty" pitching Lazertron. The Hacker gimmick. Tales of the "Cock of the Cage" Tommy Rich lighting up teenage biddies' hearts like Wildfarrr'. I tell ya what - this one's got it ALL.

So yeah. Phenomenally fun show, fellas. Really enjoyed this one. Just three dudes shootin' the shit about being fans. Good material and stories here, plus I just generally get a kick out of hearing Will and Johnny banter back & forth about random stuff.

Highly recommended. Scope this one out, folks.

I told Graham that he should open the show with the Japanese commercial opener. Johnny was about to tell the story and I cut him off until Graham was recording.

It was a great idea, I thought.

I'm actually trying to come up with ideas on how to incorporate that into each episode.

Epic opener with the Japanese game show intro. Superflies off playground slides. "Dusty" pitching Lazertron. The Hacker gimmick. Tales of the "Cock of the Cage" Tommy Rich lighting up teenage biddies' hearts like Wildfarrr'. I tell ya what - this one's got it ALL.

So yeah. Phenomenally fun show, fellas. Really enjoyed this one. Just three dudes shootin' the shit about being fans. Good material and stories here, plus I just generally get a kick out of hearing Will and Johnny banter back & forth about random stuff.

Highly recommended. Scope this one out, folks.

Thanks again for the great comments.

By the way next, Dylan and Chad will be on to talk about why you should watch lucha.

No problem, man. Love listening to these thus far. Oh. Almost forgot to mention Johnny's line about "classing up the joint." Legit had me cracking up.

Already looking forward to that next episode then. Love me some lucha. Hope we get some talk on the greatness of El Dandy, Wagner Jr., and especially LA Park. Guy's still going strong and entertaining as hell. His brawling is sheer brutal entertaining. Just fun to watch. And his blood-loss is ALWAYS a stellar visual. The sight of LA Park bleeding buckets and having his tattered & torn mask just peel away like a weathered bandage? Yeah. I eat that stuff up.

But enough rambling!

If it's not too late to submit a Listener Question for the show, I'll fire one at ya guys: With the Sin Cara experiment practically abandoned at this stage... If you could nominate one current lucha worker to receive the Rey Mysterio Jr. "superstar" treatment with WWE, who would you select to undergo the treatment? What modern lucha performer do you place that kind of faith in to become the new stateside "face" and embodiment of lucha libre with the number one promotion?

Agreed. Tenfold. A thousand and one times over, man.

Mygoddamngod. What we need to hear is more of Sorrow as Dusty pitching gimmicks, angles, and ideas to random wrestlers throughout history. And not just backstage. Not just in the locker room. But at the urinal. In fine dining establishments. Wherever. Whenever.

I'm stealing that idea.

Can't believe my question got cut for Parv's 10, and who better than Kanyon? I will second the love for the White Stripes. Saw them at ACL a few years back. Jack White is a beast.

That was my mistake, I closed the page and got too tired to open again.