Pro Wrestling Only

"_______ should have been a top guy"

JaymeFuture

And Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. He also currently has JBL and Jerry Lawler on his announce team.

They're all from the south but of all of them, the only one with slightly thick southern accents are JBL and Austin. It's barely detectable in either Shawn or Taker's voice, and I can't really hear one in Jerry either.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the two main things that held Taylor back were: 1. his falling out with Dusty and 2. the fact he just wasn't that good.

I'll never understand why Mike Rotunda gets as much hate as he does around here when guys like Taylor are sold as being underrated. What's Taylor got over Rotunda? (just as an example)

I'm not a huge Taylor fan. With that said one thing he has over Rotunda is good matches. Taylor had really good matches with Owen Hart, Chris Adams, Ted Dibiase, Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson, Regal, and Ric Flair to just name a few. Rotunda doesn't have that body of work.

Oh yeah, Taylor's heel run towards the end of UWF was fucking awesome. His promo with Magnum explaining his actions is pro wrestling perfection.

This was such an unexpected moment for me at the very end of the UWF set. Terry Taylor was pretty much my least favorite guy on the Mid-South set as a babyface and then the heel turn against Chris Adams was so awesome that I completely changed my opinion on Terry Taylor. Missed opportunity although the window seems to have been very small.

For sure. Though it would be tougher to book as sustained run because one of his best weapons was that he was extraordinarily good at building heat by playing chickenshit and hiding behind his partners and delaying the payoff. He certainly could work around it, but I don't know that he was as dynamic as a guy like Flair who used it more sparingly.

I think Hayes came across as a star when surprisingly won the US title in 1989. He doesn't seem out of place wrestling Luger.

I know he also had the big New Orleans gate vs. JYD in 1982.

Personally, I think his in-ring abilities have always been talked down a bit too much. I've always enjoyed him as a worker. He's nowhere near as limited as his rep would have you believe.

I think he's outstanding on the mic though and is great at controlling the crowd. He does a lot of the little character things well too. I know the Freebirds worked really well as a unit, but I'm wondering if there could have been a scenario where Hayes was like the singles star and Gordy and Roberts were the tag stars -- kinda like a 3-man version of the Horseman with Hayes as Flair and the other two as Arn and Tully.

Sean had pretty much everybody on every pro wres message board on his bandwagon in 2000. I never could figure out why. He was like the fourth or fifth best guy in the NBT. Maybe his look got him over with the IWC, which is pretty funny to me.

He wasn't a typical hoss, he did Swanton Bombs!