LA Park

Grimmas

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

LA Park is one of those guys who just hits the wrestling sweet spot. He's such a great idea, and so good at being La Parka (or LA Park) that he can go anywhere and do anything and be endlessly watchable.

Do I want to watch him stooging through a mid-90s AAA trios? Yes!

Do I want to watch him in a 6 minute Nitro match? Yes!

Do I want to watch him having a crazy, bloody, mask ripping, chair throwing brawl for his very name? Yes!

Do I want to watch him get squashed by Goldberg in 13 seconds? Yes!

Do I want to watch him throwing down with Santo? Yes!

Do I want to watch him do his dance and then turn around and eat it? A thousand times yes!

He's one of the few guys who can get me into big lucha brawls, which is no small achievement. His is a name that is bound to peak my curiosity when it pops up on Youtube or whatever. That man just gets me going.

Between him and Psicosis I apparently have another type, so if anyone wants to throw any more solidly built rudos who bump and stooge in wacky outfits my way, I'll be sure to invite you to the wedding.

• 2 weeks later...

The rudo team of La Parka/Satanico/Fuerza had me drooling so I couldn't resist watching the trios match elliot posted. It was as fun as expected but The Moment of the match belonged to Parka. I've spent the last week balls deep in the best of 80s and 90s lucha and it's been a blast, but one minor bugbear I've had is the willingly foolish portrayal of the techincos - they fall for that fake handshake deal every time. So I stood up and cheered when La Parka's false joviality was proved useless and he took a fist to the face. He's the first guy I've seen turn that trope on it's head and he immediately stood out. I've only seen 90s AAA La Parka but he's one of those guys that you can tell is an instant lock. It's acts like him that keep me tuned in to wrestling, keep the flame burning.

I do. I'm probably slightly high on Fuerza relative to everyone else here and slightly lower on Morgan, but both of them are solidly above Park. Park's highs are very high and he's underrated in his early AAA trios/atomicos work when he was more agile, but my gut says that if you pick a random Park match, you've as much chance of getting a bad one. Plus he's hurt by having so much of his run in the indies over the last decade where I think he has his own personal heel ref to stooge. A little of that gets old very quickly.

I do. I'm probably slightly high on Fuerza relative to everyone else here and slightly lower on Morgan, but both of them are solidly above Park. Park's highs are very high and he's underrated in his early AAA trios/atomicos work when he was more agile, but my gut says that if you pick a random Park match, you've as much chance of getting a bad one. Plus he's hurt by having so much of his run in the indies over the last decade where I think he has his own personal heel ref to stooge. A little of that gets old very quickly.

Cool. I like them guys but it seems I'm lower on them than everyone else here. Morgan vs Satanico, Dandy and Volader were good and great match ups, Fuerza is the kind of guy I'm predisposed to like and him vs Octagon was almost really good. But nothing hit me in the gut. Guess I'll have to focus more on trios? We'll see if things change as I dive into watching >1994..