Current New Japan

pol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NJPW Strong just announced a women's title, and the champion will be decided in a mini tournament with WIllow Nightingale, Momo Kohgo, Stephanie Vaquer from CMLL, and Mercedes Mone. I wonder who's going to win...... 

On 5/21/2023 at 2:41 AM, sek69 said:

NJPW Strong just announced a women's title, and the champion will be decided in a mini tournament with WIllow Nightingale, Momo Kohgo, Stephanie Vaquer from CMLL, and Mercedes Mone. I wonder who's going to win...... 

i bet you were a little surpirised at the results. That was a really solid show.

2 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

Everything setting up for a big Danielson reveal at some point at Dominion to set up Forbidden Door and his G-1 involvement. 

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The problem is that anyone who enters the G1 will likely be too beat up to work All In. If you're AEW, the latter has to take precedence.

I'm also not sure Danielson isn't hurt. He hasn't wrestle a single time since March and he's someone that has always preferred working consistently instead of taking breaks. For a while I thought TK was giving him a mini vacation because he was gonna have a very bussy summer but between his inactivity and Collision needing all the help it can get, I no longer see Khan giving him permission to work the G-1 :(.

If I end up being totally wrong and he is booked for that tour, I don't think it would affect All In at all. He'd probably take a big L at Wembley and then take a month off to rest.

At least a lot of fresh faces for what feels like the first time in ages. Hopefully Eddie is in a block with Okada. Kiyomiya....did y'all see that apron bump he took? NOAH the Re-Reborn Born Again 5.0 keeping the tradition of disgusting apron/floor bumps alive in the year of our lord 2023.

Shocked Claudio didn't get in too, I guess Tony needs him for the BCC angles now that he's resting Danielson as a mouth piece of the group who only wrestles on PPV. (the ROH stuff was easier to handle considering he could've taped everything in advance).

Eddie is gonna crush it in the G1. I just hope he doesn't get in a stupid argument or fight backstage that costs him future bookings because I'm positive he will get a lot of offers an d ideas to keep him there after the tournament.

i just rewatched the tag match the opens the g1 finals from 2019 and its imo a perfect 10 minute tag match. Its Tsuji and Narita vs Fredriks and Conners. The crowd already seems way into tsuji over everyone else. Ren is getting beat down for most of it but when Tsuji tags in it gets wild. The ending is hot too i was jumping out of my chair with the crowd.

All Together was a lot of fun. Lot of the young guns really showing out. Main event was the real stand out. Absolute dickhead Okada is possibly the best version of him. Just such a dismissive fuck. The story with him and Kiyomiya is a treat. Seems unlikely to me that Kiyomiya will win his block and get a rematch with Okada, but a Kiyomiya/Kenoh vs Tanahashi/Okada match on the finals show would be great even if a Kiyomiya/Kenoh team doesn't really work.

Has there been any psycho to do the CC/G1/N1 in the same year?

I was hoping Eddie and Taichi would be in the same block so we could get the Kawada-off I've been asking for. They can still meet in the finals, though. Hey, a guy can dream.

Looking at the rest of the block lineups, it looks like they're setting up Kaito for an IWGP title shot in the fall. The usual pattern is for the champ to lose tournament matches to establish challengers leading up to Wrestle Kingdom, and Kaito's the only guy in SANADA's block who looks like a viable title contender.