Pro Wrestling Only

Coffey

HHH is an older guy, but he had one of his best matches ever with Daniel Bryan in New Orleans. Sting would need someone to carry him through, and yet be a kind of dream match. Trips is not the ideal guy overall, but with what they have to work with, it's the best option by far. They could even bring Shawn into the build-up a bit and get some good moments out of that.

There's much more of a chance that Hunter would work an overblown WWE Epic 10 minutes too long match with Sting than what he did with Bryan. The best thing about the Bryan match was how succinct it was. It was by far the least overblown big match of Hunter's career. It was the perfect length because Bryan had to go later in the night and because the spotlight had to be on what happened at the end of the night.

It's MUCH more likely that we'd get the Hunter that made us suffer through the Brock matches than the one that did the Bryan match. I could list twenty relatively realistic guys on the roster I think would give us a better match vs Sting than Hunter.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think they should give Batista the retirement match against Hunter that he wants. He's a much bigger star than he was six months ago and I think they can milk Drax for a big WrestleMania match. After tonight, I'd go for Dolph vs Hunter too. That's really what Dolph needs if they honestly wants to pull the trigger on him. Hell, I'd rather see Sting vs Kane or Sting vs Show than Sting vs Hunter. Sting isn't going to be able to deliver in a big match, not to the level of the hype, so they should make him more of part of a package. I think there's actually a lot of value in a celebratory Sting/Taker tag match that'd protect both Sting and Taker if Taker's even vaguely able to go in that sort of a setting.

I honestly think that a smoke and mirrors Sting/Taker vs Show/Kane retirement match for Taker could be really marketable. It's not future looking but it's got spectacle written all over it and would be against two guys that Taker's comfortable with and that can follow the numbers of the sort of match it'd need to be. It's something that could be presented to lapsed and casual fans very easily as sort of a dream match.

Orton coming out would have been better.

Why?

Because Randy Orton has gotten himself over again and a return to his hometown to end The Authority would have been much better than an old geriatric who hasn't been relevant in fifteen years.

An Orton run-in, which would lead to nothing that hasn't already been done to death, would have been better than Sting making his first ever appearance in a WWE ring?

Orton coming out would have been better.

Why?

Because Randy Orton has gotten himself over again and a return to his hometown to end The Authority would have been much better than an old geriatric who hasn't been relevant in fifteen years.

An Orton run-in, which would lead to nothing that hasn't already been done to death, would have been better than Sting making his first ever appearance in a WWE ring?

Yes, precisely. Sting can make his first ever appearance at another time. He's not going anywhere.

so the programs going forward seem to be:

Cena v Show (a one off hopefully) at TLC where Cena goes over to build him up for Brock at Rumble

Wyatt/Ambrose obviously continues

Rollins/Orton- this one is kinda tricky because they want Reigns to get revenge on Rollins but Orton is just turning so who do you put over?

Brie/Aj if Aj hasn't been written off

Ryback/Rusev?

oh and Harper/Rowan

if Hunter and Steph are gone it does make it easier for them to bring back Reigns and even Bryan with not having to explain why they would even want them back

I'm not even a Sting fan, and I knew his return was coming, but I still got goosebumps. I can't believe anyone is actually bitching about that. It was an incredible moment!

And the match itself was a clear MOTY contender IMO. Fun as hell, unpredictable all the way through, and an awesome star-making moment for Dolph Ziggler. The only thing missing was an "RKO outta nowhere" from Randy Orton. Really wish they had fit that in somehow. I was waiting for it all match.

Bray Wyatt is probably the most overrated guy on the roster at this point. Either his style doesn't mesh well with anyone else's or no one has figured out how to carry him yet. Great character, but most of his big PPV matches have been disappointments (and I was the lone defender of a couple of his bizarre Cena matches). The post-match between Ambrose and Wyatt felt like such a fake corporate setup for TLC, which does the antihero Ambrose no favors IMO. To be fair, I was never a fan of their feud in the first place. I didn't like how it came about (at Hell in a Cell, at the expense of the Ambrose/Rollins feud) and I wasn't particularly excited to see them against each other tonight. Still, I do have high hopes for their TLC match.

I was hoping Bunny would end up being Darren Young, hellbent on revenge against his stupid partner Titus for breaking up their promising team, but still no reveal...yawn. Just move this along already!

I love the hell out of Mizdow's act, and I'm happy to see him and Miz (who I consider one of the fed's most underrated assets himself) with Tag Team gold.

I didn't see the pre-show. For some reason, it took me to the Randy Savage DVD preview instead. Stupid WWE Network...

There's interesting things you can do with the Big Show stuff. We've established that he can't afford to lose his job, whether you think it's stupid or not, it's consistent with his character.

He had beef with Mark Henry, so even though he knew he was turning he got revenge on Henry first.

In his mind he made the right decision at that time because it looked like the authority was going to win so instead of going down with the ship he helped Hunter. He can explain tomorrow that he did what was right for him at that time and in hindsight he made the wrong decision, but he doesn't regret trying to save his job for the good of his family.

He doesn't have to turn full blown heel, but the babyfaces obviously won't trust him.

Yeah, the Show turn wasn't planned ahead of time (storyline-wise). That was made obvious by Hunter's surprised, startled reaction to it. Who knows where they go with it from here, but at least it's something interesting for Show, which was more than we could say for his character only a few hours ago.

I agree on the main being a MOTYC. As a Ziggler fan, I had it in the ****1/2-****3/4 range just for Ziggler's performance. I couldn't get into the first half since Ryback/Cena/Show don't really scream anti-authority to me with how hard the company has pushed them, but in a way that helped the match since it made it even more unexpected that they would give Ziggler a chance. I also thought it served as a really cool bit of revenge for the DX burying the spirit squad back in 2006.