Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestler Snapshot (Which nominees to focus on?)

Grimmas

2015 and early 2016 monthly Wrestler Snapshot (on the Pro-Wrestling Super Show) spot will go to a Greatest Wrestler Ever nominee.

Between now and when the vote is due there is 15 months available for doing Wrestler Snapshots. 1 of those is already set to be Mascarita Dorada. That leaves open 14 spots to be looked at.

Who do you want the snapshot focused on? Who needs the re-evaluation? Who would you want checked out in this format?

I'm turning to you guys for this. This will help me too, as I can look at some folks I may have missed.

I second Nishimura. I think a few British guys deserve a good look as well. Vic Faulkner had two very distinct sides to his character, the cheeky guy with the trickster attitude and the "pissed off, I'm gonna punch you in the face even if it's illegal you son of a bitch" side to him. I've only seen a few matches where the aggressive aspect comes through but it's fucking great. Jon Cortez is a great, great (best ever?) technician who can ratchet up the heat when he wants to. He's like Dean Malenko if Dean ever learned how to work a crowd and was better on the mat.

I second Nishimura. I think a few British guys deserve a good look as well. Vic Faulkner had two very distinct sides to his character, the cheeky guy with the trickster attitude and the "pissed off, I'm gonna punch you in the face even if it's illegal you son of a bitch" side to him. I've only seen a few matches where the aggressive aspect comes through but it's fucking great. Jon Cortez is a great, great (best ever?) technician who can ratchet up the heat when he wants to. He's like Dean Malenko if Dean ever learned how to work a crowd and was better on the mat.

Any recognitions for the 'pissed off' side of Faulkner? Of the handful of bouts of his (this includes his tag stuff with Bert Royal) I've seen, it's all been cheeky, trickster Faulkner which has grated with each match that I've seen, and this was someone who I was initially looking forward to seeing more of after his bout with Johnny Saint.

Cortez is someone that folks need to see more of and is one half of my favourite 70s and 80s WOS bouts.

If you're up for a Bruno spotlight I'll make the case. I also think Thesz needs a serious look. I've only seen few matches, but there is a decent amount of footage available to evaluate. I've been planning on exploring it for years now

Don't watch Thesz when you're tired.

Tired? Hell, I plan on watching Thesz while I'm actually sleeping, with the TV on in the background. I'll absorb it all through osmosis. Figure I can work through all the known footage in a couple nights :D

So, for the 15 spots, so far:

1) Mascarita Dorada

2) Tommy Rich

3) Ronnie Garvin

4) Bruno Sammartino

5) Vic Faulkner

6) Osamu Nishimura

7) Invader I

8) Eric Embry

9) Virus

10) Eddie Guerrero

11) Larry Zbyszko

That leaves 4 spots I will wait to fill based on arguments and more suggestions. Keep them coming, there are lots of guys on this list I would had never thought about.

I'd like to see a show on Liger as a guy who might sneak into a lot of people's top 20 who I haven't seen a ton of discussion on.

I'm also interested in Akiyama.

We will be providing extensive converge of 70s candidates on Titans Xtras during 2015, mostly beardy discussion between me and Pete about NWA champs, headlocks and hour-long broadways in Japan. :D

I'll reiterate my Ron Starr suggestion. He's a guy who kicked around as a big name for small regionals and put on good matches on the lower levels of bigger promotions. Made a career as a nomad from the late 70s to the early 90s and is one of the last guys to have a career like that. He's my pet project for this project.

So, for the 15 spots, so far:

1) Mascarita Dorada

2) Tommy Rich

3) Ronnie Garvin

4) Bruno Sammartino

5) Vic Faulkner

6) Osamu Nishimura

7) Invader I

8) Eric Embry

9) Virus

10) Eddie Guerrero

11) Larry Zbyszko