Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2015 Thread

Fantastic

Totally pathetic. Vince's death is the only small chance this company has to live at this point.

I always laugh at hyperbolic posts like this. WWE will be alive for decades if not centuries, it is a huge multinational corporation with an incredibly loyal fanbase who tune in every week despite the consistently awful booking.

Every person in this thread has probably vowed never to watch again after some terrible show that wasted their time or unfair treatment of a worker ofr awful booking decision.

How many new fans are they getting though? How many kids tuning in for John Cena keep up with the product after they turn, say, 12 without the memories the older fans have that keep them loyal.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has mentioned Bryan in the post show. No one. He's not in focus. No one has mentions Bray either. Completely bizarre. Vince talked about listening to the crowd, so what the fuck was that?

this is what we've been trying to tell you a hundred times before in other threads

so congratulations, you finally understand the modern WWE experience! vince was personally scripting reigns' recent godawful promos that helped put him in this position, too.

One good/great match, a bunch of filler, and the worst Rumble ever.......not a good show.

They may not be on the verge of going out of business, but not for a lack of trying. They have guys on the roster the crowd is into. They have a couple of strong heels. But they refuse to capitalize on that for some unknown reason. With the roster they have, I should be at the zenith of my adult fandom, but at this point I tune in for schadenfreude.

I feel bad for Reigns. This is the grave for him and that's too bad. It was amazing to watch WWE try to cover the heat on him throughout the match and post-match. Bryan early elimination, Rusev last guy to eliminate, Authority's Big Show and Kane to throw out, Rock endorsing him, and Trips and Steph showing up on the ramp at the end. It was incredible to watch.

Totally pathetic. Vince's death is the only small chance this company has to live at this point.

I always laugh at hyperbolic posts like this. WWE will be alive for decades if not centuries, it is a huge multinational corporation with an incredibly loyal fanbase who tune in every week despite the consistently awful booking.

Every person in this thread has probably vowed never to watch again after some terrible show that wasted their time or unfair treatment of a worker ofr awful booking decision.

How many new fans are they getting though? How many kids tuning in for John Cena keep up with the product after they turn, say, 12 without the memories the older fans have that keep them loyal.

A lot of kids probably are tuning out at age twelve. That is nothing new, all my friends did in 2001/2002 when we turned that age and the attitude era died down. They will always get new fans, especially the children of the adults who are fans. The product is still aimed towards the PG market, so they are likely content having children and diehards as the consistent fanbase.

They know they can do virtually whatever and maintain steady ratings and revenue.

I'm not going to be one of the people who writes WWE off for good. I'm realistic, I'll be back. I do need a break though. I enjoy wrestling that makes me happy and that's why I won't be watching any current WWE for a while. I have countless matches from the past to explore, old WWF/WWE to watch, present day Lucha, Puro, and various indies to make me happy. That's all I want as a wrestling fan and right now WWE isn't doing that. I'll still watch NXT, but I view that as a separate thing at this point. I'll be back, but for right now this is one abusive relationship I need some space from.