Pro Wrestling Only

Pat Patterson vs. Lars Anderson (1972)

I think doing the commentary while watching the feed for the first time allows Parv to give more life to his commentary and makes it feel fresher. However it also causes him to come off as confused as to what is going on which, to be fair, in this instance is very easy to do as the stuff going on is so completely bat shit. I think if Parv is going to do this stuff "live" he needs to lay off on the historical blurbs as it sets a different tone he can't really keep up doing commentary.

That one guy isn't the ring announcer, it's legendary San Fran manager Dr. Ken Ramey.

Cool stuff Parv. May I suggest random music paying in the background though for future matches

Make sure it cuts off half way through and leave dead air afterward.....really give it that REAL RAYMOND effect...

By the way Parv, this was cool as shit. I personally loved the history part of this, but I am a big history guy....MUCH better than "Lars has a nerve hold...still there...lets go, and.....wow, nerve hold..didnt see that one coming!!"

Also, was he Lars here or Larry Heinimi (sp?). He went by both in some parts, the AWA for sure he was Lars, left and came back as Larry and stayed Larry the rest of the time there...

You mentioned Mephisto....if anyone hasnt listened, find his shoots (Mephisto's) from 57talk.com and check them out, they are fascinating, including Mephisto leaving California and not going back as he was wanted for assaulting Don Owen...GREAT stories

Finally....that guy that comes in with the "White Vest" is wearing a Wifebeater, not a vest!! I laughed good at that one...I may start calling them White Vests from now on...

Takes guts to try these things and put them out there for all to comment on, I commend you for that and hope for more.

Technically, it is three syllables (sa-i-toh), but when 'a' and 'i' are together it's pronounced like the 'i' in 'ice.'

Aikawa, for example, is eye-ka-wa not ah-e-ka-wa -- https://www.cpp.edu/~pronunciation/sounds/japanese/aikawa.wav

And Saito becomes sigh-toe -- https://www.cpp.edu/~pronunciation/sounds/japanese/saito.wav

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took me so long to watch this. I had watched this shortly after I sent you the PM not realizing this was what you had done commentary on and remember popping big time over that referee's dropkick which I realize now was probably not a referee and was Ken Ramey.

I struggled with this footage. I didn't even realize that was Lars Anderson because I hadn't seen Lars with bleached blonde hair before, so it was nice to hear who he was and Kenji Shibuya. Your line about Lars biting Patterson made me laugh out loud. It looks like San Francisco had some wild action in it's main events.

If you do another one, do the Haystacks Calhoun vs. The Graham Brothers handicap as I remember liking that a lot. Or something with Ernie Ladd, who I think has a match with Patterson on there.