download.png

First a pair of dark matches you'll read about 20 years later on Wikipedia:

summerslam831.png

summerslam832.png

bruno_ted.png

snuka_s_gauntlet.jpg

summerslam833.png

*Vince shouting at the top of his voice until it is getting audibly coarse*

Vince: The Eighth Wonder of the World Andre the Giant takes on the menace from the Orient Killer Khan, with Mr. Fuji in his corner!

"Macho Man" Randy Savage, a member of The Elite, takes on Rick Martel, but whose corner will the lovely Miss Elizabeth be in?

The awesome ROAD WARRIORRRS take on their toughest challenge yet in the West Texas Outlaws, Stan Hansen and Dick Murdoch.

Don Muraco faces "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff.

The tag-team champions, The Brainbusters Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard defend their titles against the hottest young tagteam here in the WWF, Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood.

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine defends his Intercontinental title against Curt Hennig.

In our featured grudge match Bruno Sammartino looks to avenge the memory of Wrestlemania against Ted DiBiase, in a cage!

And finally, after a grueling summer fending off challengers from the Three Wise Men, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka defends the World title against Harley Race, who according to The Grand Wizard is their "ace in the hole".

FEEELLLL THE HEEATTTT. Its Summerslam!!!

(official theme music of the show)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFgj7gFtqZw

summerslam834.png

Vince: Hello everybody and welcome to the Meadowlands arena for this extravaganza. I'm here with Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

Jesse: Look at that crowd! It's a big night and everybody is ready.

Vince: What's your assessment of tonight's matches?

Jesse: I think Bruno has gone one match too far tonight, Ted DiBiase has already shown hes got what it takes to beat Sammatino in that cage, and my assessment is that he'll do exactly the same tonight. As for Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka -- I'll give credit where credit is due -- and he's surprised a lot of people, McMahon, me included in being a real fighting champion. But he hasn't faced a man of Harley Race's experience and talent before, and with Albano, Blassie and The Grand Wizard feeding him strategies, I think the Superfly really has his work cut out tonight.

Vince: Well thank you, Jesse, and now over to your announce team: Lord Alfred Hayes, Jim Cornette but first, Gorilla Monsoon.

summerslam835.png

*Gorilla takes over play by play as we see The Fink and Vince McMahon Sr standing in the ring*

Finkel: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a special announcement on behalf of WWF President Vincent James McMahon. Hes given me a signed statement to read out on behalf of the WWF Board of Directors.

*Finkel takes out a note and reads it out loud*

Finkel: The WWF Board of Directors in their quarterly review committee meeting, chaired by WWF President Vincent James McMahon, have reviewed world championship matches over a three-month period. The committee has concluded that far too many matches are seeing outside interference, and that world title matches should remain sacrosanct, that is: free from outside interference even by those carrying a manager's license. Therefore, it is the conclusion of this committee, that we hereby decree, that for tonight's match between Mr. Jimmy Snuka and Mr. Harley Race that not only will Mr. Fred Blassie, Mr. Lou Albano, and The Grand Wizard be barred from ringside, but ... In order to ensure that they will not interfere, they will be suspended 30-feet above the ring inside a specially made CAGE!

*The crowd cheer wildly. As they do so, all three wise men come storming down the aisle. Albano is beside himself. Blassie is looking rattled and shakes his cane. Grand Wizard is gesticulating wildly. They get to the ring. Blassie and Albano go over to Vince Sr while the Wizard goes after Fink.*

Wizard: Give .. here give me that micro ...

*Wizard rips the mic from Finkels hand*

Wizard: Now now, listen here, this is an outrage. We were not consulted. We have lawyers. We have rights! Why McMahon for all the years, you sly fox you ...

*Blassie and Albano seem to be manhandling the 69-year old Vince Sr and things are starting to get rough. Jimmy Snuka bursts down to the aisle sending all three wise men scattering. It looks like the decision will stand.*

summerslam836.png

Finish here was Fuji going to through salt in Andre's eyes but missing and getting Khan instead. Standard miscommunication spot.

summerslam837.png

Pretty good match out of these two, with both doing a crazy bump for the finish, which was both of them on the turnbuckle (for a superplex) but taking a nasty fall from there to the outside for a double countout. For some reason, the ref has ruled this as a Martel win (overwriting my booking of the match) -- chalking that one up to the NJ State Athletic Commission. Not quite the show stealer I was looking for, but still a good match.

summerslam838.png

Elizabeth looks on dismayed as both men are down and out after the fall.

summerslam839.png

10 and 0 for Hawk and Animal.

summerslam840.png

This happened.

summerslam841.png

Can imagine these promos were good.

summerslam842.png

Great match and promising for these guys who are set to continue to feud into the Fall. Also a tribute to the old Vince Sr 30-minute curfew time limiit tag championship draw. Only I've got it in the middle of the card.

summerslam843.png

That's Curt's ceiling for now.

summerslam844.png

So there it is, Bruno can finally ride off into the sunset with his head held high. Looking back the feud kind of lost steam after Wrestlemania. I have some ideas for how to use Bruno going forward.

summerslam845.png

This is where the Three Wise Men are getting into the cage and lifted up above the ring. Good bit of business in between the two main events.

summerslam846.png

Phenomenal match which signals that Snuka is now a made man in this territory. Grand Wizard being barred from ringside gives the heels some reason to ask for a rematch, and since this went well, this is likely main eventing MSG and Philly in September.

summerslam830.png

All in all, a pretty successful show. A crowd of 21,000 was predicted but we didn't quite hit that for whatever reason -- maybe it was a sunny day and they didn't want to be indoors. Who knows, but this was a hot show.

-----

Next, a general stock take of the roster and plans moving forward. This is the end of a major cycle, so a lot of guys need new feuds.

Great show Parv....I'm making sure my BetaMax got the footage complete and in great condition as I wanna see this one again!! The dish got the show, just hoping the BetaMax recorded right..

Damn, Snuka has become unreal as the champion....he is having phenominal matches with anyone...wonder if he just had a jobber match on TV if it would still get a B- region grade...that dude is MONEY, and getting other ready for him can only mean good things!

Love the tag title going to a draw....that feud is now in high gear....

Wonder what would have happened if you jobbed out Bruno again to Ted??

Week 32 (August, Week 4)

Superstars:

ss330.png

A show for some transitions, mainly to deal in-storyline with the impending retirements of Fred Blassie and Vince Sr. Quite please with the ideas I came up with. 11-0 for the Roadies.

ss331.png

Graham: My guest today on the Superstar's Supershow here on WWF Superstars is none other than the Hollywood Fashion Plate himself, "CLASSY" Freddie Blassie!

Blassie: Errghhh, enough. Enough with the applause already. Knock it off.

Graham: You're obviously not in a very good mood, brother, because of what happened at Summerslam.

Blassie: Errghh, don't talk to me about that event or about that frizzy-haired island pencil-necked no-boots good-for-nuthin' so-called Champeen Jimmy Snuka. I got more important things I wanna dicuss.

Graham: More important like what?

Blassie: Are you bein' funny with me Graham? Don't be a clown with me today, this is serious business.

Graham: Sheesh, you're in a fine mood today, Blassie, what's the matter with you?

Blassie: Errghh, let's cut the goofing around and get down to it: Billy Graham, I'm leavin' the wrestling game. That's it I'm done.

Graham: You're leaving?

Blassie: I've had enough of this lousy business. I been in this game 50 years, and I gotta say that all that time I've had to put up with these pencil-neck-geek fans, and I don't want to hear them anymore! You hear that geeks? I'm through with all 'a' yas!

*Blassie looks around shiftily ...*

Blaissie: But before I go, where's that little pip sqeak? Has he got the money? Where is he? Get out here you little runt.

*Jim Cornette comes out wearing a pair of glasses too big for his face, he's carrying a suitcase with the suggestion that it is full of money*

Cornette: Mr. Blassie! Mr. Blassie! I'm here, I got the money from my mama, it's all here for you, sir.

Blassie: Errgghh, gimme that yer little weasel yer.

Cornette: It's all there, sir, $200,000 in exchange for your manager's license and your clients.

Blassie: Listen kid, knock it off, I know what it's for. Here's what ya get ya pencil neck geek yer: one contract, Iron

Sheik. One contract, Ivan Koloff. One contract, Iron Sheik. One contract, Big John Studd. That's it ya southern fried turkey.

Cornette: Hey now Mr. Blassie, where is the contract for Stan Hansen?

Blassie: Yeah well Stan Hansen works for Lou Albano now, you better talk to him.

Cornette: Waii ... waiiit ... you.

Blassie: Listen kid, yer green, yer wet behind the ears. This is a tough business, and you gotta get like me: wise. The small print said "all my clients", well I gave you all my clients, Hansen ain't my client no more. I can see ya look like ya gonna cry, so I'll tell ya what I'll do ...

*Cornette is dumbfounded*

Blassie: Come on, I'm gonna give yer some basic lessons in the art o' management.

Graham: You're just leaving now?

Blassie: Ergghhh stick it Graham, ya louse, and stick it to these morons out here, ergghh I'm outta here. It's gonna be good. FREEDOM!!

*Graham goes to commercial break*

ss332.png

Finkel: It is now time for WWF President, Vincent James McMahon to make an important announcement.

Vince Sr: Thank you very much. Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for me to step down as WWF President. This was a temporary role for me. For many years, the President of this great wrestling organization was Willie Gilzenberg. After his time was over, it was a man called Hisashi Shinma. He had to go back to Japan under unexpected circumstances at the start of this year, and I was filling the breach until we could find a permenant replacement. Myself and the WWF Board of Directors have been in meetings all morning, and it is my pleasure to announce that we have now found a person we think is the ideal candidate to fill this role for many years to come ...

Ladies and gentlemen ... will you join me in welcoming ...

Bruno Sammartino!

Bruno: Well, Mr. McMahon, we've known each other a great many years and I've worked with this company going back to the 1960s. It is a great honour and privilege for me to accept this role.

And I'm going to say right now and I want all of these fans to know that I'm going to be a fair President. I'm going to call it straight down the line. And I'm going to be tough on rulebreaking! The referees are going to have to be extra specially careful because I will be having all matches reviewed for their officiating.

I am very proud to be the new WWF President!

-----

After the next week, I need to do a stock take and try to figure out what to do with a lot of people. Snuka, DiBiase and Valentine all need new feuds.

I'm bringing in Jack Brisco on-loan again as placeholder opponent for both Snuka and DiBiase. After Snuka has beaten Race a couple more times, he can take on Brisco. Incidentally, that loan deal was with WWC -- the only company I still have a working relationship with. I think it was a good piece of business staying on good terms with Colon, because they have good talent coming through there and loan deals can be good to plug gaps.

I've also not decided if I'm going to run Survivor Series with all 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 tags, or run it as a regular card with one or two with the Survivor Series gimmick.

A lot of guys are leaving in the next month -- essentially ALL of the Snuka opponents who were on short-term deals apart from Race. Stan Hansen won't re-sign because he's pissed off about the amount of jobs he had to do.

Financials for August:

financialesaug.png

Week 33 (September, Week 1)

WWF Tour

So the last two tour shows have been in Chicago (success) and Denver (dismal failure). Now it's time to invade Crockett and run a show in his back yard. Yes, WWF is coming to Mid-Atlantic! And I'm running a show in North Carolina. I thought I'd try to put on the most JCP show I could!

tour330.png

tour331.png

tour332.png

Yes, Steamboat vs. Valentine one-hour broadway absolutely smashed it out of the park and then some. This joins Race vs. Snuka as a MOTYC. I'm hoping the local fans loved that, because I want to run Mid-Atlantic area regular -- namely, the Captial Centre in Washington, DC.

ss33_0.png

Just a nice way to see out Blassie's career here:

ss33_1.png

*Video montage showing Blassie training Cornette up to be a manager. Highlights include:

- Ivan Koloff throwing a jobber into the ropes from an Irish Whip and Blassie hooking the leg to trip the jobber. Then Cornette tries it and misses and Blassie is pulling his hair out.

- Blassie cutting a promo running down Snuka, and then Cornette trying to do the same but using very lame lines like "You, you smell Jimmy Snuka" and Blassie burying his head in the palm of his hands.

- Blassie showing Cornette how he needs a weapon like his cane, and the two of them going around a sports store looking for objects. Cornette picks up a golf club, and Blassie nods his head. Cornette picks up a baseball bat and Blassie looks pleased. Cornette then finds a pink tennis racket and Blassie looks mortified, Cornette is excited and gets the racket. Blassie shakes his head in disgust.

- Final scene is Cornette saying to Blassie, "why thank you Mr. Blassie, I feel like I'm ready to manage anyone now!" and Blassie says, "I'd wish ya good luck if you knew what to do with it, ya pipsqueak pencil neck geek." Slow fade to black.*

----

Storylines and plans heading into Survivor Series should start in earnest after the stocktaking soon.

• 3 weeks later...

The definition of a pyrrhic victory. You were always the TNA to my WWE, the minor leagues. This would be the equivalent of "winning" if someone had put a bomb in the Standford office and killed Vince and his entire staff.

A win is a win!!

So, I had an external HDD die which had both the game and all its files on it, plus over about 1TB of wrestling, and a whole lot of other stuff. So that's it. Hope people enjoyed it while it lasted.

I would lose my mind if I lost my TEW game lol. I've got like 2 backups.

Two backups on different drives?

One backup on my regular hard drive in case the game gets corrupted and one on my external if my regular comp dies. I don't have my footage backed up at all though so if my 3TB external died that would be a major pain in the ass.