Pro Wrestling Only

Road to Wrestlemania

goodhelmet

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly if they aren't going to push anyone coming off the Battle Royal then Mizdow should probably win it. He's one of the five most over guys in the company (at worst), and his winning is likely to get a massive reaction, especially if he dumps Miz toward the end.

If they are going to push someone coming out of it Ryback should probably win it.

Honestly if they aren't going to push anyone coming off the Battle Royal then Mizdow should probably win it. He's one of the five most over guys in the company (at worst), and his winning is likely to get a massive reaction, especially if he dumps Miz toward the end.

If they are going to push someone coming out of it Ryback should probably win it.

And if they're going to depush someone heavily?

Sting vs. Triple H in regards to how the card currently looks, is pretty much the only match that's going to have universal fan interest in the "right" guy. I don't think the result is in doubt (Sting is winning), even Triple H's ego isn't that big. It would be a huge booking fuck up to have Sting lose his first WWE match. It would significantly diminish what they could do with him going forward.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hunter winning given the WWE vs. WCW narrative being spun. Plus, what is Sting's future? All evidence suggests that at age 56, that this is likely his final match and that WWE have no real plans for him afterwards other than a Hall Of Fame induction next year.

Sting vs. Triple H in regards to how the card currently looks, is pretty much the only match that's going to have universal fan interest in the "right" guy. I don't think the result is in doubt (Sting is winning), even Triple H's ego isn't that big. It would be a huge booking fuck up to have Sting lose his first WWE match. It would significantly diminish what they could do with him going forward.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hunter winning given the WWE vs. WCW narrative being spun. Plus, what is Sting's future? All evidence suggests that at age 56, that this is likely his final match and that WWE have no real plans for him afterwards other than a Hall Of Fame induction next year.

I want HHH to win just for the fan meltdowns.

Agree with Keith here. Why put Sting over unless they've got some long term plans for him?

So they've booked themselves into a corner with Reigns where, even though it's too soon, they pretty much have to pull the trigger on him now or forever damage his potential ceiling as a top guy. That said... where the hell do they go with him after Mania? Show and Kane would be flat feuds and horrible matches. A successful Rollins cash in immediately cuts the legs out from under him. The best choices seem to be Rollins still with the briefcase or Rusev, both of which would require outcomes to their respective Mania matches that I don't see happening. I guess they could do Triple H too.

After Rusev and Bray job at Mania I'm not sure they'll have a credible heel for Reigns to work. Which is why the only move is him turning, and joining up with Heyman. There will be a much better group of faces for Reigns to work coming out of Mania. Maybe they'll just do the tweener thing, but I hope they finally let him ditch the Shield gimmick, and find his own character as a heel.

That really seems like the best scenario to me too, if only for the fact that Wrestlemania ending with your new top babyface getting booed out of the building seems like a horrible way to kick off your future ace's first title run. With a heel turn maybe they can salvage the guy. Then you have Cena and Orton as potential challengers... not sure how those matches would be though.

Triple threat. Tell me that you honestly couldn't see them doing it. Tell me.

I keep thinking that as horribly as they book the midcard, when it comes to a guy they really want to get over they won't saddle them with the horrible shit they do everyone else. But looking at the evidence from the Reigns push thus far, I'm not so sure any more.

Honestly I think they might convince themselves that HHH "has to win" because he jobbed to Bryan and The Shield last year and if they want to keep making him return, he can't job all the time or some shit like that :lol:

So they've booked themselves into a corner with Reigns where, even though it's too soon, they pretty much have to pull the trigger on him now or forever damage his potential ceiling as a top guy. That said... where the hell do they go with him after Mania? Show and Kane would be flat feuds and horrible matches. A successful Rollins cash in immediately cuts the legs out from under him. The best choices seem to be Rollins still with the briefcase or Rusev, both of which would require outcomes to their respective Mania matches that I don't see happening. I guess they could do Triple H too.

Triple H winning at Mania then stepping up on Raw the next night as the true top dog of the WWE sounds perfect.

Agree with Keith here. Why put Sting over unless they've got some long term plans for him?

Because you aren't a total moron and want to pop the crowd sitting there, that day? Triple H is going to do the job because there isn't any longterm plan for him either. Triple H is there because it won't hurt him at all to lose to a 56 year old. Because WHO CARES if Triple H loses. This whole idea that everything needs to build to the next thing is okay for Monday Night Raw or Fastlane or whatever... but Wrestlemania should see stuff end. If the swansong for Sting is one match in WWE where he wipes out Triple H, thats a good thing!