Pro Wrestling Only

Road to Wrestlemania

goodhelmet

I am so underwhelmed with the direction of this comapny going into Mania, my only reason for watching is to do the reaction show. I throw in the towel. No more arguing. No more dream booking. Back to watching matches as 2 guys dancing in the ring, completely isolated from the stories that put them there in the first place.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So their is the Andre the Giant Undercard Battle Royal. A ladder Match to determine the king of the mid card. The divas match where anyone with talent wishes they were working the semi main on NXT. The your time has been cut tag title match. The hahaha got you Rusev isn't a main eventer match. The list goes on.

A

The one thing the show has going for it is all the wrestlers will bring it. Or maybe my guy Ivan Koloff will get a HOF nod.

Looking forward to all the lukewarm post Mania programs too. Presumably Bray Wyatt loses to Undertaker despite the fact that they need heels for Reigns. But in their world Bray will be a made man just by breathing the same air as the 50 year old guy who wrestles once a year.

Speaking of needing heels, Reigns will be occupied with Big Show and Kane for 4 or 5 straight PPVs with Rollins waiting in the background. Who knows, if Rollins cashes in then maybe that makes Big Show jealous and he turns face for the 37th time.

There's a good chance Zayn and Neville could get called up and they'll debut on the hot post Wrestlemania Raw then fall out of favor with management for god knows why and be on Superstars every week having good matches that mean nothing.

Bryan will continue to have great matches but he'll never be positioned where he should be. His heat will be killed off for good when fans finally realize that their voices don't matter.

Orton will take Bryans spot as a mega babyface and will be positioned to take down the authority. We'll have plenty of long winded Orton vs HHH segments.

Ryback, Dolph, Ambrose, Harper, Barrett and all those guys will be in the exact same spot next year. Maybe Ryback wins the Andre Battle Royal and it looks like they'll finally do something with him. Then he'll be left off PPV for 3 months.

We'll get some more Steve Austin podcasts where Vince assures us that he listens to us and he has a grand vision for all of this.

It's sad.

Looking forward to all the lukewarm post Mania programs too. Presumably Bray Wyatt loses to Undertaker despite the fact that they need heels for Reigns. But in their world Bray will be a made man just by breathing the same air as the 50 year old guy who wrestles once a year.

Speaking of needing heels, Reigns will be occupied with Big Show and Kane for 4 or 5 straight PPVs with Rollins waiting in the background. Who knows, if Rollins cashes in then maybe that makes Big Show jealous and he turns face for the 37th time.

There's a good chance Zayn and Neville could get called up and they'll debut on the hot post Wrestlemania Raw then fall out of favor with management for god knows why and be on Superstars every week having good matches that mean nothing.

Bryan will continue to have great matches but he'll never be positioned where he should be. His heat will be killed off for good when fans finally realize that their voices don't matter.

Orton will take Bryans spot as a mega babyface and will be positioned to take down the authority. We'll have plenty of long winded Orton vs HHH segments.

Ryback, Dolph, Ambrose, Harper, Barrett and all those guys will be in the exact same spot next year. Maybe Ryback wins the Andre Battle Royal and it looks like they'll finally do something with him. Then he'll be left off PPV for 3 months.

It's sad.

Mind hooking me up with the next Powerball numbers, Kreskin? :lol:

Sorry for being late to the party on this but if you're going to have Paul Heyman proclaim that Reigns could beat almost every legend of the last fifty years then why do they book him to have long matches with Rusev and Big Show where he spends most of the match selling? Why book him to sleepwalk through the last half of the Rumble? Is WWE afraid to make Reigns look too dominant by having him actually beat people quickly and decisively?

Cena's matches were laid out in a very similar way at this point in his career. During that first title run he would eat a lot of offense and usually win with a flash FU. I think it's just easier for someone to lead Reigns through a match if they're in control for most of it.

It all goes to the layout of the matches again and how they need new blood in the agent department. If they had kept Reigns in shorter matches doing what he does best some of the backlash might not be there

Let's not kid ourselves here. Anyone but Bryan was going to get this backlash. I suppose Ziggler or Ambrose could have gotten the spot, but they are also Ziggler and Ambrose.

That doesn't excuse them from clearly having zero direction for Bryan, when they should have had one for him coming out of the Rumble. He was stuck in no man's land and should have been in a storyline far away from the title, even if that sacrifices the Reigns match. There still would have been backlash, but I'd guess less of one, and it would have given them some plausible deniability.

Am I the only one that thinks Rusev is going over at Mania? I'm seeing a cheapened win at Fastlane to get heat and get everyone bitching that Cena won't lose clean and he's getting his win back at Wrestlemania, then they have Rusev go over clean and he's suddenly a made man to program against Reigns down the line.

I could be wrong.

the problem is, even if you transition cena into the "early 80s bruno" role, that's still not a role where you can afford to job much. you need to come off like you can still kick anyone's ass, or else you risk veering more into chief jay strongbow territory. it's hard to imagine WWE not getting cold feet at the thought of cena losing that many big matches in a row, since that would force them to think of something different to do with him.

really this company needs to get away from some of those vince sr. concepts that have stuck around forever, but who knows if that happens

If they're hell bent on Reigns being a face then yes Rusev should go undefeated until Summer Slam when they have that match. They could have a great little feud between Ambrose and Rusev that leads to Rusev trying to kill Ambrose, and Reigns making the save. Of course that may get Roman an actual face reaction so Vince will scrap it.

I think the biggest draw for the Summer is Bryan chasing a heel Reigns. They can do Reigns/Cena or Reigns/Rock at Mania next year.

By how WWE seems to operate, it seems likely that Rusev will need to lose the US title before any kind of WWE title program comes to fruition. That being said, he doesn't strictly have to lose to lose the title. He should lose it in a multi person match without taking a pinfall or submission. However, I fear that they'll end his undefeated streak at Wrestlemania with Cena capturing the US title.

Or there's the other option, and the most beneficial in my mind. Rusev simply retires the US title (which is redundant, given that WWE seems incapable of managing two mid tier titles at once) stating that "nobody can defeat me, so I have no need to defend the title and I declare myself the eternal champion of the United States!" WWE could then quietly vacate and retire the title.

So where does Sheamus fit in now? Do they hold off on him until after WrestleMania? Seems like they have six guys tied down to the IC Ladder Match, Barrett, Truth, Ambrose, Harper, Ziggler and Bryan. Pairing him up with Bryan doesn't seem possible at this stage, but who knows. Do they bump the ladder match up to seven guys? Usually they like even numbers for these things. Does he take out a guy like Truth and take his spot? Or does he go in the Andre Battle Royal? That would seem like a real good way to turn a returning guy lukewarm right off the bat.

They haven't promoted a specific date yet for his return, is he 100% ready? I haven't been keeping up with house show results so I don't know if he's on the road yet.

And both Rhodes brothers were left off TV last night so I highly doubt that feud has Mania legs. You can dump them in the battle royal, but it seems like they're running a very similar angle with Mizdow in there.

Triple H Vs. Sting

The Undertaker Vs. Bray Wyatt

Brock Lesnar Vs. Roman Reigns

These are three of the biggest matches going into Wrestlemania. The next night on RAW, of the six guys, four of them won't be wrestling again anytime soon. So are we going to get a Roman Vs. Bray feud post Wrestlemania?

WWE has a bad habit of doing this lately. The biggest show of the year & the guys that work all year are never seemingly the focal point of it.

Seriously, Mania looks totally tepid. The only match I have interest in is Rusev vs Cena.

And the undercard ? A bunch of multi-man gimmick matches, the best way to make everyone seems unimportant. With Daniel Bryan thrown in that dull mix.

The main event will be interesting for the Mania crowd reaction though. We could get another Brock vs Goldberg disaster of sorts here.

Well, the Mania builds have been week the past four years. Last year was an exception, but that was only because the fans revolted and forced WWE to change course. Before that, we were getting Punk/Kane, Bryan/Sheamus, and Orton vs. a babyface Batista in the main event. The last Mania where the build was strong across the board was 26.

Well, the Mania builds have been week the past four years. Last year was an exception, but that was only because the fans revolted and forced WWE to change course. Before that, we were getting Punk/Kane, Bryan/Sheamus, and Orton vs. a babyface Batista in the main event. The last Mania where the build was strong across the board was 26.

Agreed, however I did enjoy the build to Taker/HHH at WM 28.

The build to this year's show is probably worse that the build for WM 29.

It's WrestleMania and I should be really excited but I'm not. This feels like just another PPV in my eyes.