Pro Wrestling Only

BRAINBUSTER.....TWO!!!!!!

The second edition of BRAINBUSTER, the Pro Wrestling Quiz Show is up and in the ether! Join me, Johnny Sorrow and Matt Denton on the board as Champion Marty, aka Superstar Sleaze takes on the Canadian Destroyers, Kelly aka Ricky Jackson, and Steven aka Grimmas in a battle of wits, wagers, and wrestling! It's BRAINBUSTER TWO, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO!

a2k0gpz.png

https://soundcloud.com/jerryvonkramer/brainbuster-episode-2

I listened, I enjoyed, but as a guy who's done a podcast or two, I offer up some advice: ease up on the audio meme drops. You know how when a kid gets their first video camera, and they play with every single visual filter setting and make an unwatchable short film that looks like a Youtube remix of Natural Born Killers? It's the same basic tendency. And yeah, Sleaze was legit unintelligible a good 50% of the time, rendering his content moot. Those are the kind of things that make listeners give up on an amateur podcast. The rules for some of the contests seemed a bit confusing, the trick questions were cruel, and in general Johnny Sorrow needs to sound a little bit less like the all-powerful ringleader at a GWAR concert. Anyway, that's my opinion, and I'm sincerely trying to help.

Jingus, I appreciate the input. I've been doing real radio and internet radio for a long time. I like drops, and sure..Matt went a little nuts but this is a show in a state of evolution. We'll work that out.

Sleaze's mic problems were a problem, but we committed to having the returning champ on so there ya go. And we made fun of the problem.

I like the confusing rules and I'm working on making them less confusing, again it's a show working itself out, AND the point is to make people laugh and enjoy themselves for an hour.

I really can't change my voice, and that's just how I sound. I do appreciate criticism.

But....

I'm actually wondering how the fuck the "trick" questions were "cruel". This is a show for people to bust balls and have fun, first and foremost.

Oh and big thanks to Word Hoard for the graphic.

I'm actually wondering how the fuck the "trick" questions were "cruel". This is a show for people to bust balls and have fun, first and foremost.

Maybe I got the wrong impression. I admit to being not-sober when I listened, and I am not a ball-buster personality. So that's probably just a thing that we can chalk up to different senses of humor.

The audio problems are the real dealbreakers. I know how hard it is, you know how hard it is, but that doesn't mean anything to casual listeners who are used to hearing crystal-clear audio on the Alvarez podcasts and don't know how much money/time/effort it takes to sound like that. When you can't understand what the person is saying, that's the kind of red flag that drives people away.

As the First Ever Winner of the First Ever Pro Wrestling Trivia Internet Podcast, BRAINBUSTER!,I would like take the time to sincerely apologize to all the members of the Sleeze Synod such as Will who eagerly anticipated to hear my melodious, dulcet voice bring to them the most riveting content on the internet and another championship victory (I lost to someone who knew the exact number of fucking victories that The Gambler had, cut me some slack!). When you are the biggest star in the history of a nascent, burgeoning phenomenon, you have a certain responsibility to the show and the fans and last night I failed that responsibility. The exact same computer and microphone were used that I have used to exact record all my podcasts and I could not have predicted such a catastrophe. From the booming voice of God to sounding like I was a lost soul in a fishbowl. OH! How The Mighty Have Fallen!

WAIT! A second I think I got it, for the first time I did not record in my mother's basement (where all good wrestling fans belong) rather in my ex-girlfriend's bungalow! So blame her because Lord knows I do for a whole host of things. :P :P :P I kid, I kid, I kid.

Seriously, I am sorry about it and like I said I was using the exact same equipment as always and really could not have predicted the audio issues. Thank you Johnny for standing by me when the going got tough, I appreciate it. I have total confidence that Johnny and the show will continue to sweep nation even with this little hiccup of me losing.