Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 31...

goodhelmet

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not entirely with Parv but I do think I've hit the point that I don't get excited for these trainwreck gimmick spotfests. There's not a ton of room for storytelling here and it's just watching one car crash spot after the next while they cycle the next guy in.

Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. R Truth vs. Stardust vs. Wade Barrett

- Early on, fun dive sequence

- Fun ladder spots but nothing we haven’t seen before

- It never gets old but it looks nasty… the powerbomb through the ringside ladder

- Holy fuck… headbutt battle!!!!!

- Greatest final 20 seconds in ladder match history

IC Title Ladder Match

- Started out hot with the dive trains, felt a little cliche and neither here nor there as everybody got their ish in during the middle portion, but the Harper/Ambrose powerbomb, the Barrett/Stardust ridiculous suplex off the ladder and a few other big spots picked it back up. Finish was really great. In an era before these matches were overdone this might've been a classic, but not in 2015.

***1/4

The weirdest thing about that IC title match is that they had seven guys in there and past some bits of Ziggler calling Bryan a turd, I don't think that any of them really had an issue with each other.

Also, why the heck did Rollins just do a backflip?