Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 31...

goodhelmet

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Orton has traditionally been one of my least favourite workers, but I thought he worked this really well. DiBiase scoop powerslam, Dory Funk Jr European uppercuts! Ha ha.

Orton seems much better as this grizzled bad ass babyface than as the snake. I liked the methodical pace of this match and the structure. We got a good shine with Orton double DDTing the JJ security guys. A proper heat sequence from Rollins. A couple of hope spots, and then Orton controlled for a bit.

I really didn't like Orton's reaction and acting around the kick out to the RKO, that was lame as fuck.

I also question the wisdom of him kicking out of the curb stomp this early into the WM card. I mean how much do they want to do false finishes already tonight? When we have matches involving Cena, Taker and HHH to come? It's a sick finisher too.

All of that said, a totally fucking awesome finish with the RKO countering the curb stomp. Just a terrific finish. Pat Patterson is in the building I'd like to think he helped, but great. Actually one of the best finishes I've ever seen.

All in all, this was pretty enjoyable.

***3/4

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

- I missed the early portion of the match. The 2nd half was pretty hot with the big finisher kickouts, J&J getting the RKO’s and Seth getting huge air on the curb stomp into the RKO. I have no complaints. It wasn’t a classic but a good match that kept me entertained. However, it doesn’t feel like a Seth cash-in but more like HHH-Sheamus.