Pro Wrestling Only

Random questions thread

JerryvonKramer

Thinking about WCW in 1992 what broadcast order did they air in?

I think 2 shows aired on the same day didnt they?

Reason I ask is years ago I had a old WCW magazine from back then and I seem to recall it listed a bunch of stuff like when shows aired and the times they aired. But dont have the magazine anymore to check.

Power Hour first and Main Event last for the week. Those aired on TBS with Saturday Night. Worldwide and Pro were syndicated so you can throw those in anywhere. When I watch I typically go:

Power Hour

Worldwide

Pro

Saturday Night

Main Event

But that's how I typically saw the shows airing wise.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- How in the heck did they do the fireball on Hacksaw Duggan in May of 1985? Akbar sticks the flame RIGHT ON Duggan's face. Seems incredibly dangerous, yet intentional.

I've watched a ton of Power Pro from 1985 recently so I've got some questions:

- why the heck was Hercules Hernandez announced as being from "Badstreet"?

- How in the heck did they do the fireball on Hacksaw Duggan in May of 1985? Akbar sticks the flame RIGHT ON Duggan's face. Seems incredibly dangerous, yet intentional.

- in an anti-WWF promo, Dick Murdoch says that with Adrian Adonis, he "never knew if my partner would show up" - is there a story behind that or is Murdoch just flapping his gums?

- during one of the Joel Watts "Punishment of Pro Wrestling" videos, they show Tim Ashley taking an elbow drop from Nord the Barbarian (and getting crushed by Nord's leg) and say that Ashley quit wrestling as a result of the injury he sustained. Fact or crap?

The fire thing is done by the person getting burned putting a fire resistant gel on their face, and since pro wrestling fireballs are done using flash paper, it only needs to protect them for a second or two. Undertaker did the same thing to Paul Bearer in 1997 too.

On some of those WWE produced wrestlecrap/countdown shows I have seen quick 3-4 second clips of a promo with the Iron Sheik and Mean Gene where Sheik has got a live chicken and is talking about how Hogan is a chicken. By the looks of it, it may be one of those wacky Sheiky classics. I have never seen the entire promo... is this available anywhere?

What's the timeline, or specifics, with count outs and title changes? I've seen a lot of count outs happen in title matches that are two out of three falls, but usually the count out happens in the first or second fall and is never the deciding fall. When did it become that titles only changed hands by pinfall or submission, and then eventually referee's stoppage?

• 3 weeks later...

What's the timeline, or specifics, with count outs and title changes? I've seen a lot of count outs happen in title matches that are two out of three falls, but usually the count out happens in the first or second fall and is never the deciding fall. When did it become that titles only changed hands by pinfall or submission, and then eventually referee's stoppage?

The formation of the NWA and Lou Thesz's reign. It became a vehicle to protect both the title and the challenger. See specifically Thesz vs Leo Nomellini.

• 4 months later...

Didn't know where else to put this.

So. True story. I just found out about the Hustle Promotion. I didn't follow wrestling at all for a long time and I completely missed the entire promotion. I don't recall seeing any real discussion of it here since I've been coming back around. So I was poking around on prowrestlinghistory and I was like fuck it lets look at this Hustle promotion.

Then I saw matches like:

Bill Goldberg vs Naoya Ogawa

Steve Corino vs CW Anderson

Wataru Sakata vs Kevin Randleman

ANd then its like

Toshiaki Kawada & Shinjiro Ohtani vs Yingling the Erotic Terrorist, Fujin, & Raijin with Kawada overcoming the erotic terror.

Scott Norton vs The Hustle Frog

The Great Muta & Akebono vs Toshiaki Kawada & Kawada's "Father"

The Esperanza (Nobuhiko Takada) vs Razon Ramon Hard Gay

So um, what the fuck was Hustle all about? What is worth watching? Someone explain this insanity to me. I walked into this blind.

How common was the practice of blading before a match, then doing something in the match to open the cut back up hardway? I'm sure I've heard reference to guys doing this before, but I don't remember where. Foley's book maybe?

If I'm remembering right this only came up in his book in reference to the Lawler vs. Kerry Von Erich AWA title match, where Kerry was zonked out pre-match and bladed his arm, so Lawler goes right after it from the opening bell (which worked out amazing).