Pro Wrestling Only

Draft & ongoing booking project interest?

Grimmas

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on how we determine which wrestlers tour Japan, I don't think it would be too complicated. We know the dates of the tours, we would just have to determine if we only go by actual wrestlers that toured over there or if some others would end up going. The first is easier, just have a list with the tour dates and who would be on it as a reference. The second one (having "new" wrestlers go on tour) its a bit trickier with regards in how do you determine if they go and with which company in Japan. Of course, the unavailability dates would start a bit before the tours and a bit after to allow for travel to and from Japan.

So, let's recap where we are at:

1) We draft out the promotions and you keep the owner, announcers and 1 piece of talent.

2) There is a draft of all remaining talent, where if you pick a tag team that exists as of 1/1/83 than you forfeit your next round pick.

3) Each promoter runs a weekly tv show (in real time) and as many major shows as they want.

4) Every promoter who runs a NWA company gets a vote on who is the NWA Champion and gets to bid for dates with that champion.

5) Talent trades are acceptable.

6) Every six months there is a dispersal draft of some sort.

7) Some kind of random injury draw will happen.

To figure out is how to exactly deal with Japan tours and wrestlers who are freelancers.

Am I missing something?

Perhaps we could have someone in charge of Japan and the freelancers?

He could let us know when the freelancers would be available for U.S. dates and which promotions they're interested in working for. From there, a dice roll determines where the freelancers go and how long they stick around before moving to another promotion. If we wanted to get really crazy, this person could also act like a Brody or Hansen and refuse to let their freelancers job except in special cases.

For Japan, the person in charge could request dates from regular U.S. talent and the promoter could give a thumbs up or down. Might be useful for booking loser leaves town matches or injury angles.

Are we going to attempt to compile a list of tag teams that were active on January 1st, 1983 that are available to be drafted together? That should keep people from arguing during draft time over what is and isn't an "official" team.

Are we going to attempt to compile a list of tag teams that were active on January 1st, 1983 that are available to be drafted together? That should keep people from arguing during draft time over what is and isn't an "official" team.

Is that necessary or can someone just draft a team and then have others confirm they were a regular team by the date?

A question, should we start on January 1, 1983 or should we start on 1983 on the day we start. Say, we get this rolling for July 1, should the game time we start at be July 1, 1983 or January 1, 1983?

It might be easier to go with the current date and just change the year.

That could work because Los Angeles was full WWF by that time and Detroit was on it's way there.

The Road Warriors didn't exist on 1/1/83 but they did on 7/1/83.

I will compile a list of rosters before we have a draft so you can see who was teaming with who

So we should aim for a start date of July 1, 2015 with a roster start date of July 1, 1983 and just go with the current day month but the former year? That sounds awesome to me.

We have all of June to finish rules and get the drafts done. We are up to 8 people involved, so that is a good start.

I'm planning on running babyface Mr. Electricity Steve Regal vs. heel Dory Funk Jr. as my top feud just to let you know what kind of exciting matches I plan to feature. Just don't try to swoop in and steal Regal from me.

I wouldn't think we would need to use draft picks or roster spaces for enhancement guys who will really only be on TV and not on house shows. I doubt anyone else has plans to use Southwest jobbers like Juan Reynosa or Tug Taylor (although he might be too shitty for me to keep around even for jobs) I guess if a lot of people want to use a more famous jobber like Mike Jackson maybe that might cause a problem.

As an aside, I know Southwest wasn't an NWA territory so I don't plan on booking the NWA World Champ. I would try and work out an arrangement to use the AWA champ because at times Southwest would bring Bockwinkel in as the World Champion.

Will there be different roster sizes depending on the territory or will it be the same number for everyone? Would we also draft enhancement talent?

I think we draft until we have a roster the size we want. If somebody drops out of the draft after 20 rounds, that is cool. If somebody wants to keep going, that is cool.

There should be a max though, because that could lead to some big advantages going forward.

As for jobbers... maybe we should keep them with the company like the owners and announcers? I'm ok with fictional local jobbers too, if the jobbers are unknown for that area.