Pro Wrestling Only

Draft & ongoing booking project interest?

Grimmas

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with a max roster number. Some territories had around 12-14 regular guys, with some additional job guys for tv and some semi regulars that would pop in on an infrequent basis.

How are we handling real-life periods of inactivity (ex. Terry Funk, Steamboat, Backlund) and career altering/ending events (ex. Magum TA, Kerry Von Erich)?

If we don't have enough people to run EVERY territory we could still do some kind of dispersal draft type thing where we make up the rosters of the territories that don't have anyone running them out of the people who didn't get drafted after everyone hit an agreed upon max roster size.

It could still get there, the draft is still a month off. How do we actually decide who gets what territory though? I mean I suspect more than one person is going to want JCP, Memphis, WWF or AWA. It's kind of why I have my sights set on Southwest because I don't really want to fight over a popular territory. If it was REALLY contentious I suppose a random drawing might be in order.

I think we go in order of who signed up

So then people who signed up can stake their claim now? If that's the case I'll go ahead and officially claim Southwest unless one of the 7 people in front of me take it.

I think I'd rather see how things work out with people getting their own choice first before deciding on a random draw. I mean I think random draw should be last resort based on whether fighting over who gets what becomes an issue. I mean if I couldn't get Southwest I'd still rather have a shot at my 2nd or 3rd choice instead of possibly getting stuck with something I wouldn't like to book like Central States or Portland.

I think I'd rather see how things work out with people getting their own choice first before deciding on a random draw. I mean I think random draw should be last resort based on whether fighting over who gets what becomes an issue.

Everybody send in a top 3 and see what happens?

I could be wrong, but I think attracting attention (and keeping people actually involved and not quitting in a few weeks) is going to be dependent on people getting the territory they want. I think Kris's idea of having people choose in the order of who signed up will work out because then the people who are already in have a good shot at getting what they want and the people who haven't signed up yet can see what promotions are left and make an informed decision on whether they have interest in what's left.

Rather than someone signing up, pinning all their hopes on booking Mid-South and instead getting Montreal and having no idea what to do with it and losing interest after a month.

That's true for the roster you can churn it as much as you want, but for me I'd like to not go into a territory and completely blow up it's roster & it's style. For me, I'd feel obligated to do a bunch of long 2/3 falls matches if I was booking Portland or run a bunch of wild angles if I have Memphis.

Roster wise, if I get Southwest (or wherever really) I'd like to at least keep a few of the pieces of the roster, even if I don't have long term plans for them, just as guys to put people over as I get started. But that's just the way I plan to do it because it'd be more fun for me, and give me more to work with, than just a total blank slate. I don't expect everyone will feel that way or necessarily have the familiarity with their roster to do it.

Memphis

Southeastern

Florida

Southwest

Central States

Northwest

WWC

Maple Leaf

Stampede

Well we know El Boricua wants WWC, Boon seems to wants Southeastern and I'd like Southwest. I can't see someone NOT taking Memphis or Florida either really.